English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 03 March 2007, 16:46   #1
Crashlander

*sigh* Setting up a HD under Winuae...

Yeah I know this is the oldest topic in the memory of man but I am seriously tearing my hair out here. I've followed 2 different guides and neither of them seem to work. I've done it before but it was ages ago and I can't remember how I did it.
All I want to do is set up a 200mb hard disk to install WB1.3 onto.
One guide says to create a hard disk folder in the winuae directory, then in properties click "add directory", name the device and path it into your hard disk folder. This works so far as when I put the workbench disk in, a new device appears, can be opened and all that, but its like half a meg and I have no idea how to alter its size. Properties just shows the path destination and device name.

the other guide says to simply create a new hardfile with 200mb of space, but this one doesnt appear in WB, even after waiting a few minutes for a NDOS disk to appear.

I am there is a simple answer here, like I said I've done it before, but for the love of god if I don't figure it out soon my laptop is gonna grow wings and fly.

Pffff.... I'll keep trying and see if I can't crack it but in the meantime has anyone got any ideas? Thanx in advance guys,
Crash :P
Old 03 March 2007, 17:27   #2
Crashlander

Oooohhhhkay. I've created a 200mb HD which comes up as half full before I've put anything on it :S.....

Nvm I'll figure out the rest
Old 03 March 2007, 23:38   #3
Zetr0
Ya' like it Retr0?

Heys Crash!

Welcome to the EAB, i am sure you will like it here .

now lets see...

to create a harddisk file under winuae as you have found is quite simple, but one you have done this you need to load workbench and (modify) a program that you need to load to setup and mount the device.

Once workbench has loaded edit the information of HDtoolbox ( workbench:tools/hdtoolsbox ) edit the line that says SCSI_DEVICE_NAME = scsi.device to read the following SCSI_DEVICE_NAME = uaehf.device

save this and then run the program... it wil then see the hard file as a hard disk (it will come up as some unformatted disk name from here you can format it as you wish ) )

hope this helps