English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 13 August 2010, 12:57   #1
thomas

Activating WinUAE window coming from the left or the right border

If I move the Windows mouse pointer into the WinUAE window from the left or the right (without magicmouse enabled), the pointer remains a horizontal arrow pair (for changing window width) and WinUAE cannot be activated. Activation only works if coming from the top or the bottom.
Old 13 August 2010, 13:03   #2
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Known problem but reason is unknown. Doubleclicking will capture the mouse in this situation.
Old 14 August 2010, 16:58   #3
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

btw, it is most likely related to mouse pointer resize arrow flicker.

Move mouse cursor carefully over left or right window border and you'll notice it changing to resizing image (left/right arrow) and then immediately changing back to normal cursor.

This is confusing because it happens even if I disable all mouse related windows messages..
Old 14 August 2010, 17:55   #4
andreas
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to andreas Send a message via AIM to andreas
Roll eyes (sarcastic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
btw, it is most likely related to mouse pointer resize arrow flicker.
Ohh yes, that sounds familiar.
I must have mentioned this to you back in 1.5.X times not just once.
It's really a fairly old issue.
I also agree it's "quite" cumbersome to track down / fix, though.
Old 14 August 2010, 17:59   #5
thomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
Move mouse cursor carefully over left or right window border and you'll notice it changing to resizing image (left/right arrow) and then immediately changing back to normal cursor.
Actually from my observations it's exactly the opposite which happens. If I move the pointer very quickly from the outside into the body of the Window, so that it jumps over the border, then it works ok. But if I move it slowly, pixel by pixel, then the pointer changes to resizing image when over the border and does not change back to normal when entering the body.

Similar at the top and the bottom, but there is a larger frame (window title and status bar) where the pointer already changes back to the normal diagonal arrow and stays like that when entering the body.

However, I just encountered a PC (WinXP MCE) where it is completely different. It's like you say, the pointer only flickers to resizing image for a fraction of a second and then stays as a normal pointer. But here the Window can be activated by single left click without problems.
Old 14 August 2010, 18:06   #6
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Interesting. I have same behavior on XP and 7, also rarely mouse gets stuck in resize mode, doubleclick then captures the mouse.

Perhaps it is mouse driver specific?

(Perhaps someone is bored enough to find when this was introduced..)