English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 23 February 2022, 05:16   #1
zygzak

Lethal weapon and correct games database

Hello. Are there any known issues with Lethal Weapon game? I played it with A500 configuration, but set to immediate blitter because i had weird graphics issues in cycle exact or wait for blitter. But in such configuration screen went black at the end of mission 2, just like that. No guru, and some wierd humming after 30 sec of black screen. Adf my be broken as well.

Is there anywhere I can check crc sum for correct game image?
Old 23 February 2022, 12:07   #2
Zarnal

Which version are you using?
Where are the glitches you mention?
I have just tested the standard IPF 814 and everything is going normally (at least for the start of mission 1 and 2 Quickstart A500 ).
Do you have a savestate please? Thank you.

Last edited by Zarnal; 23 February 2022 at 12:34.
Old 23 February 2022, 13:55   #3
zygzak

This IPF 814 require probably codewheel or codepage. I am not sure what adf i am using. It's ministry crack downloaded long time ago. Winuae 4.9.1 b9. Issues are not typical. Objects flicker sometimes, dissapears for short moment, ammo clips to get white flash appears near the main object, not on them (when You see clips near bottom frame, for example You are on higher platform and clips are on lower). And game produce weird crack noises from time to time. None of this i recall from A500, and didn't see them with immediate blitter.

EDIT: it's this one: Lethal Weapon (1992-11-19)(Ocean)[cr Ministry].adf
I have also found version a and a2. I wish there would be a place to exclude all damaged clones. I still remember how XCOPY was patched any error it detected.
EDIT2: I have found some images saved as hdf files. Intended to be used in RetroArch whatever it is. Can they be used in Winuae somehow?

Last edited by zygzak; 23 February 2022 at 14:21.
Old 23 February 2022, 14:51   #4
Mclane
Old retro god.

Retroarch is a core based system where it can run many different emulators (cores) under one front end.

It's a mixed bag of quality, some emulators are kept up to date and get turned into these cores for Retroarch.

Regarding the game, it's almost certainly the crack that's not good or the copy of the cracked disk is flawed. Over many platforms we are seeing preservation attempt's to get only the best version of every game and proper cracks where needed but this takes a lot of time, special hardware and lot's of testing.

Sadly there's more flawed disks than there are good one's so going through the mountain of disks just takes ages..

You can mount HDF images under CD and hard drives in the WinUAE menu..
Old 23 February 2022, 19:32   #5
AmiClassic

Quote:
Originally Posted by zygzak View Post
I have found some images saved as hdf files. Intended to be used in RetroArch whatever it is. Can they be used in Winuae somehow?
You can use these HDFs with WinUAE without any problems. Why don't you use WHDLoad version of Lethal Weapon?
Old 23 February 2022, 19:56   #6
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

I used the Skid Row version of Lethal Weapon back in the day, no issues with that one.
Old 23 February 2022, 20:03   #7
Radertified

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galahad/FLT View Post
I used the Skid Row version of Lethal Weapon back in the day, no issues with that one.
Do you have that one available?

When I saw this thread, I booted all that were in TOSEC and none were the version I had back in the day. Whatever version I had, I can confirm works 100% as I completed it a few times. I suspect it was Skid Row's.
Old 23 February 2022, 20:14   #8
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radertified View Post
Do you have that one available?

When I saw this thread, I booted all that were in TOSEC and none were the version I had back in the day. Whatever version I had, I can confirm works 100% as I completed it a few times. I suspect it was Skid Row's.
Sadly not anymore, and I can't find it online either, was just a simple green/blue textro, cracked by Eurosoft/Skid Row
Old 23 February 2022, 20:54   #9
Radertified

That's a shame! I'd like to see it again, plus it should definitely be preserved. If anyone has it, an upload would be very much appreciated

@zygzak: Have you tried the Flashtro ADF? As far as I know, it works but I haven't tested it completely. Get it from here.
Old 23 February 2022, 23:45   #10
zygzak

Ips 0814 seems to be fully working. Although still seem some small minor glitches and some slowdowns, and with immediate blitter I think they are almost unnoticeable. But maybe I remembered this game a little differently from my childhood and what I see was always normal.
Old 24 February 2022, 00:24   #11
AmiClassic

If you have set up system, you can check this file version: LethalWeaponHDfix
Old 24 February 2022, 01:07   #12
lesta_smsc

My version of Lethal Weapon was perfectly fine on A600. It was a cracked version but I am not sure which version it was sadly. I know it had a trainer since I used infinite lives! I know a copy is definitely still in storage along with my original A600, but unlikely I will have access to that for a LONG time yet. I do have other collections of disks (over 400 disks!) so I can see if there is another copy in that, but that isn't even ordered so it may take a while...
Old 24 February 2022, 09:43   #13
zygzak

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmiClassic View Post
If you have set up system, you can check this file version: LethalWeaponHDfix
I need to do some preparation for whdload, i should have good hdd file for a1200 configuration. I even got license for whdload long time ago, i know, its not needed anymore ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesta_smsc View Post
My version of Lethal Weapon was perfectly fine on A600. It was a cracked version but I am not sure which version it was sadly.
I am not sure, i think this IPS image can't be worse than any cracked version in net. And glitches are really minor now, maybe something with my config, or with 4.9.1 beta itself.

EDIT: i have found nice website https://openretro.org with much details about variants. Although not every of them are placed there but maybe TOSEC went upgrade and some old variants were just removed.
Old 28 February 2022, 13:41   #14
zygzak

I wasn't sure if editing my post will also refresh its date so i allowed to write reply.
I must say i didn't know should i write this or not. I was trying to beat this game using image IPF 0814 (SHA1 verified) since few last days (i did it once in my childhood on real A500). I made through 4 missions but wasn't able to pass last one located in PD.
In mission 5 there are elevator sequences where i spotted 2 moments, before we go to parking lot, where elevators set beetween themselves the way which makes the game unpassable or near impossible to pass.
I have checked two longplays on YT and these moments are totally different than what I get. On YT the combination of elevators is much easier to pass. I don't know if it is possible to have anything related to emulation - for example game code calculates elevators position incorrectly. Or maybe there were more LW versions (less and more buggy).
The second I spotted is unnatural Cycle Exact mode. With Cycle Exact animations of objects like projectiles or flamethrower blast are jerky and choppy. Disable Cycle makes them work normal. Can not Cycle Exact mode have something related to calculation elevators positions?

My Cpu is i5-3230M, i think should be totally fine to fully emulate A500 with cycle exact.
Old 28 February 2022, 14:01   #15
Zarnal

Can you provide a save state of the elevator scene please ?

Thank you.
Old 28 February 2022, 14:33   #16
zygzak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarnal View Post

Thank you.

I will try when return from work. I assume also configuration is needed?
The combination where elevators are not passable at all is rare, but the case where its harder than on YT longplays occures more often. Sometimes I get similar case like on longplay.
It may be just bug in the game as well. Only 3 betatesters were checking the game before it went retail.
Old 28 February 2022, 22:47   #17
stevsurv
Beta 1.666

Try this one -

https://grandis.nu/eabsearch/search....0&httplinks=on

Its the flashtro version. Its got a trainer but don't enable anything if you just want to play a normal game. Have been playing this with no problems!

This one is the more recent cracked version.
Old 01 March 2022, 03:11   #18
zygzak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarnal View Post

Thank you.

You can compare it with this sequence:
[ Show youtube player ]

Elevators beetween heart and then next pair if You pass this one. Its passable but it seems a "little" not fair. But I think now its a buggy algorithm. I noticed that If You can go back or go forth quite far, like one and half screen and return the elevators are riding in a little different sequence. And it is related to every of them in this mission.
Maybe Mike West wanted to troll player a little .
Attached Files
File Type: uss lw elevator.uss (204.6 KB, 50 views)
File Type: uae _a500.uae (12.7 KB, 53 views)

Last edited by zygzak; 01 March 2022 at 03:25.