English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 07 June 2018, 02:17   #21
turrican3
Moon 1969 = amiga 1985

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewitson View Post
turrican3, those filters look like shite... Using a scanlines filter would give a much better (and much more realistic) result.
Did i insulted your scanlines ?? your point of view ?? I don't think so.
I respect that you prefer scanlines, but for me it's dogmatic or nostalgia i don't see how you could have a better gfx with scanlines vs the filters i used... Scanlines for me it's just replicating the defects from the past.
You are really too harsh when you name it "shit".
Just say that it's not your taste, that's should be enough to understand your pov.
Don't be so sure that you detain the absolute truth, try to be more humble, there is more people that you think who like filters.
Believe me all tastes are in the nature.
ps: if you really want, we could make a pool upload your operation stealth scanlined picture vs mine and we'll see. You start with an advantage because this forum is about emulation so about nostagia too. But i don't see those filters like shits, certainly not. But i'm able to respect your taste without insulting your pov, you should really try to do the same.
With peace turrican3.
ps2: If i had too choose a more realistic result i'll choosed RGB, this is because it's more near what i saw when i was young but for me again it's nostalgia and there is nothing bad about nostalgia, each one should choose what he wants without having to support some harsh post.

Last edited by turrican3; 07 June 2018 at 22:46.