English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 19 August 2021, 17:49   #1
Mark Sheeky

Smile My old games

Hi All,

Well, I've had an interesting week revisiting my Amiga past, partly due to revisiting some OctaMED tunes that drove a 90s Yamaha SY-85 synth which I want to record... but ho! That's not the reason for this post.

I had such trouble finding some of the old OctaMED stuff (from merely year 2000) that I became aware how things are so easily lost forever these days, so I thought it would be a good idea to put my Amiga back-catalogue on itch.io, which is fairly open and stable platform. And I'll add some info about each thing too. I've listed Hilt and Hilt II already, and more will be coming.

Here is the page:
https://marksheeky.itch.io/

I hope some of you will find these old games useful. Most were pretty bad but, very slowly, got better. Hilt, Hilt II and a few others already come with the brilliant Amiga Forever, but not all...

Mark
Old 19 August 2021, 22:26   #2
qupe

Welcome Mark. I think the 1st game I recall playing of yours was Xenex any plays of any more? or updates of any?
Old 19 August 2021, 23:24   #3
Mark Sheeky

Nice to be here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qupe View Post
Welcome Mark. I think the 1st game I recall playing of yours was Xenex any plays of any more? or updates of any?
Alas, I've given up programming, but I try to maintain and keep available my back catalogue. A few games were remade for PC (Xenex became Gunstorm - but that isn't around at the moment, it is on my to-do list). Some of the music was re-recorded and released commercially: Trax, the theme to Firefly, and very 90's "Theme from Burnout" for example.

Mark
Old 20 August 2021, 00:34   #4
Aladin

Hi

I just did the French translation of Blade

It is compatible with the WHDLOAD slave of JOTD
Attached Files
File Type: lha Blade_PatchFR.lha (10.7 KB, 52 views)
Old 20 August 2021, 11:53   #5
Mark Sheeky

Wow! Great, thank you so much

I will be publishing the games one per day on itch.io to stop the channel being overwhelmed, so Blade will be up there in a week or two. Today, I've just added the Hilt II Level Editor to the Hilt II package.
Old 10 January 2022, 06:27   #6
mkrleza

Much appreciated. Thank you!