English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 11 June 2021, 17:59   #1
ZEUSDAZ

Another shitty Schwarzenegger movie tie-in game :-(

It's Friday which means It's Shit Game Time again!

This time I have been requested to play shit-rate Last Action Hero on the Amiga, I hope you enjoy it

Once again another crud dud on the Arnold game bed post, he really did have a shit history when it came to computer film tie-in games, even Sly had at least a few good ones,...poor Arnold

[ Show youtube player ]
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Last_Action_Hero_rayc.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	249.9 KB
ID:	72253  
Old 11 June 2021, 18:35   #2
viddi

To be honest, it´s not that bad.
Arnie is a bit slow, though.
Old 11 June 2021, 19:25   #3
LeCaravage

I'm sure the game is far better than the movie.
Thanks for the video.
Old 11 June 2021, 19:44   #4
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeCaravage View Post
Thanks for the video.

LOL, no. The movie was always fun (great soundtrack). A parody of the 80s action genre. The game, meh. Very generic action stuff, with technical issues. Like most movie licensed games.

Last edited by Retro-Nerd; 11 June 2021 at 19:49.
Old 11 June 2021, 19:44   #5
Foebane
Banned

I remember the LAH movie being up against Jurassic Park in 1993 and being soundly trounced.

It didn't help that the focus was on some kid with scabby, sweaty, salivery fingers constantly scoffing popcorn into his mouth like a masticating cow, it was truly disgusting.
Old 11 June 2021, 20:21   #6
Thomas Richter

Quote:
Thanks for the video.
Not really. The movie was fun. Arnold making fun of Arnold movies. Of course, if you expect your average action movie, this is not the right one for you.
Old 11 June 2021, 20:32   #7
acidbottle

Anther great vid, cheers.

Red Heat next

.. what a pile of steaming slop that was.
Old 11 June 2021, 21:44   #8
malko
Ex nihilo nihil

Yeah, 2nd degree movie.
Schwarzy making fun of Schwarzy. Also Sly helping :
[ Show youtube player ]
Old 11 June 2021, 22:33   #9
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

I hate "walk up to the enemy and hope to get the first hit in" games.

Loved the film though, I have no idea why people keep calling it bad. It's zany and zany is always good.
Old 12 June 2021, 12:37   #10
RuySan

The movie is great. STFU!
Old 12 June 2021, 13:44   #11
Foebane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuySan View Post
The movie is great. STFU!
Arnie is great in the movie, and it has a lot of funny moments, a lot including the kid. It's just that one shot of him in the cinema (when the bomb rolls in) that I described that puts me off him.
Old 12 June 2021, 15:49   #12
LeCaravage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuySan View Post
STFU!
I shouldn't say this movie is bad, I should have say instead I hate this movie because it's an average comedy, if you look for a very good hollywood satire (which LAH is supposed to be primarely), I'd prefer easily Mars Attack, the humour is more subtle.

Arnie is a bad actor (really bad) and YOU should not say STFU. Basic politness and respect ! If you're looking for respect, don't disrespect other.

Arnie was lucky enough to play in one or two master piece (Conan and Predator) but still he was and is a very bad actor.
For exemple, to compare to an equivalent style actor : Stallone, he is a very good actor because he is able to play every type of role, something Arnie simply can't. Even if you look to the type of role he is supposed to be good in (minimalist and cold) he is not even so convincing. For instance, if you compare Arnie play in Terminator and Yul Brynner in Mondwest, there's no comparison, Yul bury Arnie by far (I compare the actor play not the movies).
Old 12 June 2021, 15:55   #13
Fiery Phoenix

What ruined the film was that bloody annoying kid!
Old 12 June 2021, 16:17   #14
d4rk3lf

Quote:
Arnie is a bad actor (really bad)
Yeah, but he have enough charisma to make 95% of the people forgive him about bad acting (or even, consider it interesting), and will gladly buy a tickets to watch his movies.

That's pretty much enough for Hollywood to make him a major star.
Old 12 June 2021, 17:58   #15
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Quote:
Arnie is a bad actor (really bad) and YOU should not say STFU. Basic politness and respect ! If you're looking for respect, don't disrespect other.
Yes because it absolutely wasn't meant in a flippant way.
Old 12 June 2021, 18:11   #16
Foebane
Banned

Quote:
I shouldn't say this movie is bad, I should have say instead I hate this movie because it's an average comedy, if you look for a very good hollywood satire (which LAH is supposed to be primarely), I'd prefer easily Mars Attack, the humour is more subtle.

Arnie is a bad actor (really bad) and YOU should not say STFU.
Naah, Mars Attacks plays off like a very cheesy and kitsch soap opera most of the time (something I don't like) and is not to everyone's taste. Too many characters.

Secondly, Arnie is a GREAT actor.

Quote:
Arnie was lucky enough to play in one or two master piece (Conan and Predator) but still he was and is a very bad actor.
If you've only seen Arnie in those two bad movies, then no wonder you THINK he's bad. Arnie in the Terminator movies, Arnie in Commando, Arnie in Total Recall and even in LAH as a comedy is leaps ahead of any other action star.

Quote:
For exemple, to compare to an equivalent style actor : Stallone, he is a very good actor because he is able to play every type of role, something Arnie simply can't. Even if you look to the type of role he is supposed to be good in (minimalist and cold) he is not even so convincing.
I don't think I've ever come across a Sly Stallone movie of any kind that I've actually liked. Rocky sucked, in my opinion, so did Rambo which was hyper-violent nonsense (and I don't like pugilism neither) and what else is there? Judge Dredd? He played awfully in that crap movie, and it took Karl Urban in the remake to do Dredd justice.

EDIT: Correction, there is ONE Sly Stallone movie I do like: Demolition Man. He plays the fish out of water in the future scenes perfectly and is typical Sly action, too.

Quote:
For instance, if you compare Arnie play in Terminator and Yul Brynner in Mondwest, there's no comparison, Yul bury Arnie by far (I compare the actor play not the movies).
Never even heard of Mondwest, and while Brynner was great in Westworld, he's from a prior era of movies, and can't really be compared with Arnie.

EDIT: Oh, Mondwest and Westworld are the same thing.
Old 12 June 2021, 19:55   #17
d4rk3lf

I think, there's a lots of other stuff that makes some a big Hollywood star, apart from being a good actor.
Indeed, Arnold started his acting career because of his body, but to have this body (and be a champion of body building),
he had to invest a lot, and sacrifice a lot. He had to be disciplined and of strong will.
Probably, during the filming of his first movies he was equally responsible to his duties, and tried his best, and directors liked him.

Edward Furlong (John Connor in T2) mentioned how Arnie was very supportive to him, and patient,
and helped him a lot during the filming of T2, and where Furlong was just a kid. So, he is great colegue too

Add to that personal charisma I mentioned before, and no wonder people like Arnie so much.
Me included.
Old 12 June 2021, 20:09   #18
LeCaravage

Indeed a Sly vs Arnie would be interesting ^^
Old 13 June 2021, 11:27   #19
jotd
This cat is no more

Movie ties-in are crap; Isn't there a "which movie ties-in aren't crap" somewhere?

I love Arnie movies as much as I hate ties-in even with Bruce Willis. Note: Hudson Hawk sucks (that is: the game AND the movie)
Old 14 June 2021, 09:28   #20
AmigaHope

There's lots of good Star Wars games! A movie tie-in doesn't HAVE to be bad.