English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Old Rare Games

Old 28 August 2001, 01:56   #1
Ian
Global Moderator

Gods (Un-Butchered)

Yes you read right I said GODS, now most of you are probably thinking I have taken leave of my senses for requesting such a common game, well read on

Yes I know this game is common place (Everywhere) but the only version I have ever found is the trained version, which to be quite honest.... SUCKS. For a start the trainer doesn't even work in emulation, but by far the biggest crime is that something far more important (For me) has been butchered and removed completely from the game and that is the intro/music.

A while back (About a year ago) I had a Hard Drive version, which had the intro still in place, but in a "Running out of disk space" rage I deleted all my collection of Amiga games (Most have been downloaded again) including Gods.

Being a moderate drinking I have completely forgotten where I downloaded the HD version of Gods from.

Do any of you have an ADF crack of this game with the intro still intacted or know where I can re-download the Hard Drive version?

Last edited by Ian; 28 August 2001 at 02:24.
Old 28 August 2001, 02:31   #2
Drake1009

There was an intro in gods?

I must admit I never really played the game that much. I have a cracked version on the Amiga I'm fairly sure did have some music. At least in the main menu. Is there supposed to be music ingame too?
Old 28 August 2001, 02:43   #3
Ian
Global Moderator

No intro as such

More like a title sequence (If I'm remembering it right), probably alot like the Magic Pockets intro a few pictures, flashing lights and good music.

It's definetly not the menu music though.

Malc-ALE did a remix of the music and someone here has voted for it as best game music or something, I think it's called "Into The Wonderful"
Old 28 August 2001, 06:33   #4
Mangar
Got the fever back

Damn.. I definately have it if the title music is into the wonderful.. Only problem is I have to find it.. Let me know if you havent gotten it already and at the very least I'll re-send it from my amiga 1200..
Old 28 August 2001, 07:32   #5
Fred the Fop
flaming faggot

The BEST version of GODS was on the megadrive, Ian.
Old 28 August 2001, 17:51   #6
Amiga1992

Why fred? I doubt the Megadrive rev. could surpass the original version.
Old 28 August 2001, 19:17   #7
Fred the Fop
flaming faggot

I meant in terms of game play, the Amiga version I used to play for hours, one of my fave ever. Then, when it came out for the Genesis, I was ecstatic. I found its contols were tighter..music wise, there is NO compare...Amiga wins that easily.
Old 29 August 2001, 19:21   #8
Amiga1992

I remember the Bitmap Brothers made an arrangement with a music label for them to get to use songs from that label on their games. Bomb teh Bass' Megablast and Nation XII's Into the Wonderful are teh fruit of this joint venture. Which otehr games featured music by artists of this label???

Oh hold on, Nation XII's music is also used on Speedball 2, it says so in the credits

Any other Bitmap Bros. games?
Old 29 August 2001, 19:52   #9
CodyJarrett
Global Moderator

Cool Xenon 2

Remember that Megablast in Xenon 2 sounds suspiciously like John Carpenter's music in Assault On Precinct 13 (a film), so I think they did a remix for the game!
Old 30 August 2001, 18:25   #10
Amiga1992

Yep I got the original. I was around the AEN board when the discussion about this MP3 appeared. I think you were looking for different versions of it, samurai, right?
Old 30 August 2001, 23:32   #11
Overdoc
Commodore Collector

Re: Re: I hope I haven't overlooked anything again

Quote:
Originally posted by IanCharge

Thanks, both versions have what I'm after
I just want to mention something about some versions of the game Gods that might be very important:

When I got a 'cracked' version of that game back then when the game came out, the crackers said it actually wasn't a crack but more like a copy, because they didn't find any protection and so just copied the original and put an intro before ( saldy I cannot remember which group it was )
Ok, I tried to play the game and found it impossible to play because you had to shoot some monsters a thousand times until they dissapeared.
But on the other hand a friend of mine who had the original told me he had got very far in this game and he didn't find it too hard.
Ok, one day I visited him and told him to show me how on earth he could get so far in Gods.
When he played the game, I noticed that on his original he didn't have to shoot the monsters that many times but could kill them just with a few shots !!
So, this game has some kind of wicked copyprotection that lets you copy the game but makes it impossible to play !

I think there might be some version of Gods out there which are infact copys and which are not really cracked. So if you find the game very hard then you might have a not properly cracked version.

Just thought I'd mention that.

( Another friend of mine copied the original with some external hardware later - maybe a cyclone ? - , and so I could play the game then and also finished it without any cheating.
It was a GREAT game !!! )
Old 31 August 2001, 09:38   #12
Kodoichi
Banned

Location: I'm the smiling face on your TV, I exploit you still you love me
@ Overdoc:
Yep, another 'strange thing' in this game, is how the passwords/codes are generated. At the time this game came out, everybody was mailing the codes to all those magazines and the readers wondered why the codes didn't work. This is because the passwords are generated randomly (that's why it says you need to leave the 2nd disk writable at the beginning of the game...). In my version, not even the 'sorcery' cheat worked :/

Another game with a strange copy-protection is Turrican 1. You can't exit the 1st world because there's an elevator missing in the cracks...

@ RCK:
I can't download it ATM, my PC is out of order and I have to use my Amiga... :/
Old 11 July 2002, 22:40   #13
thinlega
.:Part-Time Winner:.

Re: Re: Re: I hope I haven't overlooked anything again

Quote:
Originally posted by Overdoc
I think there might be some version of Gods out there which are infact copys and which are not really cracked. So if you find the game very hard then you might have a not properly cracked version.
I always thought that gods was poo because it was way too hard to kill the monsters! Hummm me thinks this is a NON crack version..... It was "cracked " by endless piracy with the full intro....but the renegade presents was taken out and replaced with.....endless piracy presents

//TG: Fixed Quote.
Old 11 July 2002, 23:20   #14
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Re: Re: Re: Re: I hope I haven't overlooked anything again

Quote:
Originally posted by thinlega
It was "cracked " by endless piracy with the full intro....but the renegade presents was taken out and replaced with.....endless piracy presents
Endless Twits, more like.
Old 11 July 2002, 23:50   #15
Dastardly
Into the Wonderful

I have upped the original GODS disk 1 into the zone if you still need it
I use this to play the game using some disk swapping with a copy of disk 1 aswell.
Old 12 July 2002, 00:32   #16
thinlega
.:Part-Time Winner:.

Stick out tongue

mucho!! thanks guys...

I did begin wonder why no one else had the endless piracy version.............numerous years later he realises
Old 12 July 2002, 00:56   #17
andreas
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to andreas Send a message via AIM to andreas
@Dastardly
could you upload the original Disk 2 also, please?
I suspect that there's also a sort of "check" of an original Disk 2. Why am I assuming this?
Because you're prompted to insert disk 2 after the intro.
I don't quite trust these sly old Bitmap Bros. dogs
Old 12 July 2002, 01:15   #18
Dastardly
Into the Wonderful

@andreas
The original Disk 2 isnt needed. Its not copy protected at all.