English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Coders > Coders. General

Old 18 November 2021, 20:00   #161
spannernick
Retro Nuts

AGS2 needs a game scanner so it can add WHDLoad games automatically, thats one of its drawbacks, like Tiny Launcher and XbEncH, they can scan for games and add them.
IGame can do it too.
Is there a app on Windows that can make its files cause there only text files, the txt and run files are text files...? and can be edited on Windows, that where I edit them and then copy them over using WinUAE and a folder the Amiga can read thats from Windows.
Old 18 November 2021, 20:06   #162
spannernick
Retro Nuts

I think as well AGS looks better with categories and not just a one big gameslist you have to hunt through.
Old 05 December 2021, 14:39   #163
Clark Kent

No idea if MegaAGS and AGS2 is about the same but I just wanna report that the games "Final Odyssey" and "T-Zero" are missing.
Old 16 December 2021, 11:17   #164
sir_leon

Hello, I have a request:

Using AGS2 with an Amiga CD32 would be very usefull to have the ability to exit the menu from a button compination/configuration or support for a menu item that do that.

The same apply to an option to reset the console.

Is it possibile to add those?

Thanks in advance and congratulations for the great job!

PS: Am I the only one with the problem that it occasionally stops loading screenshots after loading a game or loading 20/30 screenshots?
Old 06 February 2022, 22:02   #165
lineacero

Is there an option to implement/make/create an automatic scanning Arcade Selector Game 2 option for games, hdf etc..
Doing it manually is a lot of hard work.

I unzip the games lha, but where do the uncompressed games go, in what folder? please help

Can someone make a tutorial on where the games go, the images, how the games are scanned? Please.

Last edited by lineacero; 08 February 2022 at 19:58.
Old 28 April 2022, 22:12   #166
mattsav0728

Hoping someone can help me out, I just set up a HSTWB install with the Arcade Game Selector 2 as my default launcher. I'm in the US and running a NTSC setup by default, I am using RGB2HDMI to feed my video out to my HDTV but having a problem launching AGS2. Seems when I launch AGS2 it reverts my screen into a 50Hz PAL signal and I lose my display output as it's not compatible. I get the same
issue if I change the WB screen mode to PAL and try to use it.

NOTE: I don't have any issues directly launching WHDload game through WB, just when trying to use the launcher, but that's why I want to use the launcher, its a PITA having to navigate that way.

When reading through the install procedure it mentions this under the configuration section.

1) What is mode = $29000, when I google it might be a PAL mode? What can I set this to to force NTSC?

2) It says the default depth and mode are copied from the background image, since the initial launcher screen uses that backgroud.iff file is there a program or utility I can use to change that mode on the file?

AGS2.conf allows you configure the following variables:

Background image and screen mode
background = AGS:AGS2Background.iff
mode = $29000
depth = 4
lock_colors = 4
By default depth and mode are automatically copied from the background image, only set them if you wish to override.
Old 02 May 2022, 14:43   #167
MagerValp

You can find a list of mode ids at https://wiki.amigaos.net/wiki/Displa...ID_Identifiers

For NTSC hires the mode should be $19000.
Old 16 September 2022, 22:01   #168
Busta Uppa
what it is right now

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagerValp View Post
You can find a list of mode ids at https://wiki.amigaos.net/wiki/Displa...ID_Identifiers

For NTSC hires the mode should be $19000.
Thank you for this tip and for the AGS program, MagerValp!

I am currently trying this out, and it appears that AGS overwrites the setting and opens in PAL regardless. It still launches NTSC games in NTSC mode as expected, but AGS itself will be in PAL mode once exiting the game.

And when I go back to AGS.conf after exiting, I see that the value $19000 has actually reverted back to $29000. Is there something I'm missing in order to make the configuration change stick? And for reference, Workbench is currently set to NTSC hi-res laced mode... if this makes a difference I can try launching AGS2 with different WB screen modes.

edit: also I see that I can launch the program via either "AGS2" or the "Test AGS2 OCS" icon (I'm on an enhanced A500, so I'm sticking to OCS and ignoring the AGA option). Does it matter which one I use?
Old 31 December 2022, 11:32   #169
Andreas232

Hi Guys,
have a Problem on my A600 / Kick 3.1 running AGS2..
When i put the CF card into my A1200 with Kick3.1 everything works fine.
In my A600 it says "Couldn´t open Screen" and then it loads the Workbench.

CF Card:
FDH0 <2GB FFS
FDH1 16GB PFS3
FDH2 12GB PFS3

When i use Kick 3.1.4 or Kick 3.2.1 it looks that it is running in the Background but the echo from the startup is in the foreground.

Is there someone who can help me?
Old 31 December 2022, 12:43   #170
Aardvark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreas232 View Post
Hi Guys,
have a Problem on my A600 / Kick 3.1 running AGS2..
When i put the CF card into my A1200 with Kick3.1 everything works fine.
In my A600 it says "Couldn´t open Screen" and then it loads the Workbench.
Probably needs to reduce color depth in AGS2.conf. If you are using hires screenmode, then 16 colors is maximum for ECS, which would be "depth = 4" in the config file.
Old 01 January 2023, 20:10   #171
Andreas232

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aardvark View Post
Probably needs to reduce color depth in AGS2.conf. If you are using hires screenmode, then 16 colors is maximum for ECS, which would be "depth = 4" in the config file.
Thank you.. Changed to 4.. Now no error appears but i get only a black empty screen without Sound.. When i press Escape the Workbench is loaded..
Old 01 May 2023, 20:18   #172
retrogamer
Zone Friend

Please can someone make a booting ISO of AGS2-20200414.lha and upload to the zone?
Old 20 May 2023, 14:32   #173
shredi80

Hi
please help, i'm running out of ideas. how to change Fonts in AGS2? as soon as I change the fonts in the AGS2.conf file, I get the message "couldn’t open font"

A1200 8Mb Fast
HstWB OS
Old 20 May 2023, 19:59   #174
mrv2k

AGS2 doesn't have a font loading process. It relies on OpenFont() in the source which only works with fonts already in memory. This means that you can only open fonts that have been opened before. The only way I've found around it is to set the system font to the one you want to use. AGS2 will then load the selected font. Ideally the source should me modified to use OpenDiskFont() which would then load the font from the fonts: drawer. I tried but it just guru'd as it needs some memory pointers which is beyond my amiga programming skills at the moment.
Old 10 June 2023, 13:58   #175
Andreas232

Quote:
Thank you.. Changed to 4.. Now no error appears but i get only a black empty screen without Sound.. When i press Escape the Workbench is loaded..
Still having this Issue.. Can´t get it running on an ECS/OCS machine.. Whatever i do it ends with a Black Screen or with a error.. "couldn´t open screen"..

Anyone who has it running on a ECS/OCS machine?
Old 10 June 2023, 14:58   #176
Aardvark

Quote:
Still having this Issue.. Can´t get it running on an ECS/OCS machine.. Whatever i do it ends with a Black Screen or with a error.. "couldn´t open screen"..
My guess for the black screen issue is that your AGS background image is a 256 color iff. The text is rendered with the last color from that image's palette, it's all explained in github https://github.com/MagerValp/ArcadeGameSelector
Quote:
Anyone who has it running on a ECS/OCS machine?
Yes, you can check my OCS config in case it's helpful.
https://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p...&postcount=151
Old 11 June 2023, 19:35   #177
Andreas232

Quote:
My guess for the black screen issue is that your AGS background image is a 256 color iff. The text is rendered with the last color from that image's palette, it's all explained in github https://github.com/MagerValp/ArcadeGameSelector

You are right .. It works when i change it to the default "empty" background.. Doesn´t look good but i will play a little bit with your files.

Thank you very much
Old 16 June 2023, 14:54   #178
Andreas232

Quote:

Checked your config and it´s working fine.. Is there a way to play Audio when the Menu is active? Like XBench or so? I could not find anything regarding this on Github..
Is there a way during startup to detect if it is an OCS or AGA machine. Like an "IF.... AGS2:AGS2OCS or so?

Last edited by Andreas232; 16 June 2023 at 15:23.
Old 16 June 2023, 16:07   #179
Aardvark

Quote:
Checked your config and it´s working fine.. Is there a way to play Audio when the Menu is active? Like XBench or so? I could not find anything regarding this on Github..
You would have to look into MegaAGS scripts for how music is implemented, it's not AGS2 functionality.
Quote:
Is there a way during startup to detect if it is an OCS or AGA machine. Like an "IF.... AGS2:AGS2OCS or so?
I'm sure it's possible, but I don't know how. Why your OCS and AGA machines has to have identical startup script?
Old 16 June 2023, 16:34   #180
Andreas232

I'm sure it's possible, but I don't know how. Why your OCS and AGA machines has to have identical startup script?[/QUOTE]

I would like to have "one" Image for all machines for Gaming..