English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.WHDLoad

Old 28 February 2006, 13:40   #1
MethodGit

How good is JST at running WHDLoad slaves nowadays?

I ask this because I know quite a few HDF makers tend to use JST to speed up the game-loading process significantly, to an almost instant level.

I guess the problem for some people is - even if they had registered WHDLoad - there's still a 2-or-3-second delay as the program pops up the info about the game and that, which might get a bit annoying if they've seen it several times already by then.

So I thought, why not maybe include - in a future WHDLoad - a tooltype or command switch to skip the startup info and go straight to the game? And, if you really have to, make it so that the switch only works for registered users? (Of course, non-registered users would still have the obstacle of some installs being "crippled" without a valid keyfile, hence would still be enough to convince them to cough up the dough?)

This is just a mere suggestion, I'd like to see/read/hear/know your opinions on this really, as it's something that's been in my mind for quite a while.

It is a bit of a shame that JST stopped getting worked on, as I'm not sure whether this means it'll fail with the newer slaves nowadays.
Old 28 February 2006, 14:41   #2
CodyJarrett
Global Moderator

Doesn't the SpashDelay option turn off the info window?

Quote:
SplashDelay/K/N
This option specifies the time in 1/50 seconds that WHDLoad shows the information window at startup. If SplashDelay/K/N is lower than ReadDelay/K/N it is ignored and the window is displayed using the time from ReadDelay/K/N. The window is displayed at least as long as Preload/S is working.
If the option is set to 0 no window will be displayed.
Old 28 February 2006, 14:52   #3
keropi

well said cody
Old 28 February 2006, 21:41   #4
Stein

hehe it sure does, I ran my WHD registered for a couple of weeks before I realised

works exactly like you suggest already Methodgit.

WHD Rules