English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Other

Old 02 March 2015, 14:35   #1
Abdabs

a1200 df0 problem, mother board?

Hello again,

Well Amiga things are giving from bad to worse. I have just tried to format a floppy in my towered A1200 and it left the dusk unscathed. All the files were still there. I tried to delete a file, same non-result. Writing a file to the disk appears to kill the floppy, resulting in a checksum error.

I can read floppies fine, just not write and have tried this using the original internal drive as well as a new one from Amiga Kit.

I am guessing its either the cable, which is loose and I have ordered a replacement or a strange motherboard fault, in which case... erm no idea actually.

Google shows one mention of a similar problem with someone else's A1200 back in 2007, with no solution.

Anyone any ideas?

Old 02 March 2015, 15:03   #2
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL
Hi,

What about external floppy drive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abdabs View Post
Hello again,

Well Amiga things are giving from bad to worse. I have just tried to format a floppy in my towered A1200 and it left the dusk unscathed. All the files were still there. I tried to delete a file, same non-result. Writing a file to the disk appears to kill the floppy, resulting in a checksum error.

I can read floppies fine, just not write and have tried this using the original internal drive as well as a new one from Amiga Kit.

I am guessing its either the cable, which is loose and I have ordered a replacement or a strange motherboard fault, in which case... erm no idea actually.

Google shows one mention of a similar problem with someone else's A1200 back in 2007, with no solution.

Anyone any ideas?
Old 03 March 2015, 19:11   #3
Abdabs

Hi,
Many thanks for the reply.
I tried an external drive and sadly it has the same problem. Formatting and deleting has no effect at all.

I spoke to the folk at Amiga Kit and they had never heard of this problem. Apparently mother board probe usually s how other probe, so far I have none.

I'm baffled.

Any ideas?

Old 03 March 2015, 20:01   #4
supaduper

Well you have eliminated the drive and cable you tried another drive so its not that, I will imagine it is a fault on the motherboard, I think either one the a CIA chips( even one I think) or the Gayle chip for starters as these deal with signals to the floppy.
why not have amigakit repair it? if not try and get a replacement motherboard
Old 04 March 2015, 22:23   #5
Nobby_UK

[ Show youtube player ]