English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 17 November 2003, 15:21   #1
JSemple3

Completely new to this

Help a newbie please. OK I have the winuae I have the amiga in a box Just unsure how to get the very best settings for it. Roms and stuff no problem. Just getting settings are.
Old 17 November 2003, 17:18   #2
abelthorne

I guess that you don't know Amiga computers enough to know what is the purpose of each option in WinUAE ?

If that's the point, you should try to find pre-made config files that are set to emulate e.g. an A500. Then, you'll just have to indicate the adf file you want to run in the floppies tab and here you go.

Maybe someone can point to a tutorial or documentation that would explain the options.

About Amiga in a box : I think that it has pre-made configs that allow to run programs with no problem but I don't know if it has to be set specifically, as I've never really used it.
Old 17 November 2003, 17:27   #3
JSemple3

I'm a bit of a newbie to say the least! I think I've sussed out my sound problems all I really need now is a good graphics configuration or ideal grahpic settings if I can get that I think I'll be more or less perfect.
Old 18 November 2003, 13:07   #4
7-Zark-7
Zone Friend

Lightbulb

As opposed to running Amiga in a box, did you read the FAQ's area?
http://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?forumid=30

There's some great info to help get yourself sorted out & starting off & well worth a read.
Old 18 November 2003, 13:12   #5
JSemple3

I'll get it perfect. I'm sure it won't take too much. If only I could get sound pefrect (as it's slightly choppy) and graphics I'm happy enough.
Old 18 November 2003, 16:20   #6
JSemple3

Poop! I need more help I'm trying to do this tutorial http://jambo.abime.net/howto.php?view=5 this is step 4. When I try the lha command I get a error message something needs mounted. Is it useful to do this? Do I need to download the lha file or something?
Old 18 November 2003, 22:35   #7
abelthorne

Could you say exactly what the error is (what is needed to be mounted) ?
Old 18 November 2003, 22:39   #8
JSemple3

Nope! lol cause I don't remember. I fixed it anyway I think. Is it really necessary to fix that bit? All I really want is sound and graphics to be working to play some games nothing more or less.
Old 18 November 2003, 23:34   #9
abelthorne

As I told you, the best thing you'd do would be to find pre-made configs with only a few things to change (path to the rom, resolution settings). You don't need to install the AmigaOS (although it would be useful for hd-installable games).

I can send you some config files if you want (just give me your e-mail address in a private message).

I had a sound problem once (not choppy or laggy, but with artifacts). It came from a precise option. Though, I don't remember which one. I'll try to find it and report.