English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Coders > Coders. Language > Coders. C/C++

Old 17 April 2021, 12:25   #21
dlsa

Hi,
If I were to do some Intuition based software that used some of the amiga libraries, how would the development procedure go as to cross compilation ? The host where I do the cross compile does not have the amiga libraries. How could I do it ? And I would have to have a development cycle of : write code -> cross compile -> copy to amiga -> test. Right ?
Thanks,
Regards
Old 17 April 2021, 14:16   #22
phx
Natteravn

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlsa View Post
If I were to do some Intuition based software that used some of the amiga libraries, how would the development procedure go as to cross compilation ?
Not much different than compiling on your Amiga.

Quote:
The host where I do the cross compile does not have the amiga libraries.
What do you mean by "libraries"? The linker libraries should be there. The AmigaOS shared libraries (xyz.library) are not needed. The compiler either calls library functions via stub routines in the linker library or by compiler-specific inline-calls (defined in header files which come with the compiler).

Quote:
How could I do it ?
Make sure the 68k-backend of your cross compiler has the appropriate AmigaOS startup-code, linker libraries and OS header files installed. That's all you need.

Quote:
And I would have to have a development cycle of : write code -> cross compile -> copy to amiga -> test. Right ?
Or use an emulator on your cross-compilation host for some quick tests.
Old 17 April 2021, 15:08   #23
dlsa

What do you mean by 'libraries' ? Statically linked libs ? Where do I get those ? are they in the NDK3.9 ?
Old 17 April 2021, 20:51   #24
phx
Natteravn

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlsa View Post
What do you mean by 'libraries' ?
Linker libraries.

Quote:
Statically linked libs ?
For AmigaOS you will always link statically (except for OS4.x in some cases).

Quote:
Where do I get those ? are they in the NDK3.9 ?
Yes. The NDK usually provides amiga.lib and debug.lib. Although most Amiga compilers provide their own amiga.lib, which you should prefer.