English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Games

Old 03 December 2008, 20:00   #1
Predabot

Turrican 1 not loading the next level

Yeah, so I started playing Turrican 1, since I figured, if I played II then I gotta' play 1, to see where it all started.

Well, I tried one of the 2-disc rips, but it was busted and couldn't get pass the first title-screen. So, I figure let's go for the best possible version then, and it seemed like the extended ADF version was the latest one, so I grabbed that one.

Worked like a charm, no bugs of note or anything. BUT... I've played to the point when I get to this boss ( end of level 2 apparently)

And I blew him to a million pieces. But once I exit the level and get to the loading-screen, it just sticks there, and never loads!

I thought the idea about the extended ADF was to NOT have the game divided onto two different discs, so why does this happen?

It's like it's waiting for me to plug in the next disc, but there's no disc two when you're playing with the extended ADF...

Is there a way to get to the next level with this release?

http://www.planetemu.net/index.php?s...wrom&id=343216

Or do I have to get one of the other releases and select the right level...? Kind of a bummer, with all the stuff I've done on this save-state so far.
Old 03 December 2008, 20:04   #2
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

We played it in the Super League recently and the version Graham posted worked fine till the end Have a look here : http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=37177
Old 03 December 2008, 20:08   #3
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Send a message via MSN to dlfrsilver
about an extended ADF of this game, it says it uses some "copylocks x5" inside the game, meaning that there is an extra protection added to the longtracks.

I will image my original as extended ADF to verify this
Old 03 December 2008, 21:29   #4
Predabot

Hmm... ok. Well, I beat the boss again, and now I'm letting it load for a while, to see what happens.

EDIT: It's been loading for several minutes now... Do you guys think it would be possible to combine different releases? I.e I get the Suplex version and then I load it's second disc, and then change back to the extended ADF?
Old 03 December 2008, 21:35   #5
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

Get the TRSi crack as TCD already said. This version runs fine.
Old 03 December 2008, 21:53   #6
Predabot

I'll try that one out then R-N, because I just tried the Suplex-version and that one is completely messed up. Strange white graphical errors on the title-screen, and once it's loaded a new level it crashes to a red screen that says memory-error or some such.

EDIT: I dl-ed TRSI crack, and it seems fine, but how do I load the trainer in it? I want to select the level I was trying to load in the other Extended ADF, so I don't have to replay all those levels.

EDIT2: Thanks for all the input lads, it's been very helpful. I tried another of the cracked 2-disc versions, this one having a total of 3! tags. It seems to work, and I can select level 3 so I can begin at the right place in the time.

Last edited by Predabot; 04 December 2008 at 16:42.
Old 07 December 2008, 20:37   #7
Predabot

Ok, I've just defeated Morgul... and I'm just about to blast off with the ship, to get to the extro-scene, and... nothing. The ship just freezes there, you can see the flames from the rockets moving, and the timer, but nothing happens....

This is the release I've been using, and it's certainly not perfect, since it often crashes when it loads a new world.

Turrican (1990)(Rainbow Arts)[cr PNA][m ACU][t +4 PNA](Disk 1 of 2)

The reason I've been using it, instead of the tournament one above, is because this one allows me to chose which level to start on... the tournament one, altho in perfect working order, doesn't.

I don't want to have to play the whole game all over again... please, does somebody know of a working version, or maybe has a save-state just prior to fighting MORGUL? I just want to get to the extro-sequence...

EDIT: Wtf... I just reloaded a state, and played until I reached Morgul, and now there's not even a MORGUL there! You just walk straight up to the space-ship and the same thing happens. Nothing.

Damn... this is some broken release right here.

Last edited by Predabot; 07 December 2008 at 20:45.
Old 07 December 2008, 20:42   #8
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Just a question : Do you have extra lives turned on?
Old 07 December 2008, 20:46   #9
Predabot

Uhm, yes I have got the infinite continues turned on. That creates a bug then?
Old 07 December 2008, 20:49   #10
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predabot View Post
Uhm, yes I have got the infinite continues turned on. That creates a bug then?
You get a score bonus for your lives (and I guess the continues too), so if you have the cheat enabled the game cannot finish since it will count forever.
Old 07 December 2008, 20:52   #11
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

Use the cheat, should be enough to complete Turrican.

Quote:
On the high score table, enter "BLUESMOBIL" for you name. Now restart
the game and you will get 99 lives.
Old 07 December 2008, 20:56   #12
Predabot

Hmm... but doesn't that mean I have to replay the entire last two levels anyway?? 5.1 and 5.2.

Damn... had I known this, I wouldn't have activated the infinite continues this time around. I only did it for THIS LAST LEVEL... to make sure I didn't run out of lives... 0_o I actually aquired more than 20 lives on the first few levels, which should have been enough, but then the memory-errors when reloading the next world started kicking in. And that's when I changed releases, so I could chose which level to start on.
Old 07 December 2008, 21:06   #13
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

You could try this version, if it's only for the end sequence. Select the last level in the trainer menu.

Quote:
Turrican (1990)(Rainbow Arts)[cr VF][t +9 Supplex](Disk 1 of 2)
Old 07 December 2008, 21:27   #14
Predabot

Excellent idea Retro-Nerd! I just played trough the fight with Morgul, and the sequence with the ship worked like a charm. But now I'm not sure how I'm supposed to get past the loading-screen?

I try loading disc one in, and clicking a bit with my mouse. Nothing happens... reloads disc2, clicks a few times. Nothing happens...

Am I doing something wrong, or can the Suplex-version not load the Extro?
Old 07 December 2008, 21:31   #15
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

Do you have a save game, right after you've defeated Morgul? I'm not in the mood to play Turrican 1.
Old 07 December 2008, 22:50   #16
Predabot

Actually, I just blew up Morgul again, to give you a really close save-state, but this time it actually worked!

The extro loaded, you just had to wait for a little while longer than I thought.

Cheers for the help, ALL OF YOU! Truly appreciated, and there's definitely a lot of Amiga-knowledge on these forums!
Old 07 December 2008, 22:55   #17
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

Cool, nice to hear that it worked this time.