English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Coders > Coders. Language > Coders. Blitz Basic

Old 16 September 2019, 05:56   #1
Nightshft

Roll eyes (sarcastic) AmiBlitz2 just deleted itself?

Looks like AmiBlitz2 just deleted it's whole folder from the HDD.

Seriously. I was just working in AB2 when I pressed Amiga-S again, but this time it couldn't save the file, as the folder wasn't there anymore.

(Running WinUae 3.6.0 64bit, having mounted a Windows Folder as DH1)

On this hdd is a folder "coding" with subfolders Blitzbasic21, AmiBlitz2 and a few others. The folder AmiBlitz2 is missing completely Of course it was assigned as BLITZ2: . I guess it was an Amiga delete command (and not as a corrupted/missing windows folder) as the folder.info file is gone too. The corresponding workbench folder now is missing a big icon.

I dont know how this could happen First idea:Amiblitz2 creating new and deleting old .bak files while saving deletes "too much"? But I dont know if that's the cause.

I had the AmiBlitz 2.42 installation there (which I can re-install) but also a few small sourcecodes (nothing too important), which are lost.

Anybody had this happening, or has an idea why?

PS:Crystal Disk info says the HDD is ok. I already searched the windows trashcan and did a scan with a file rescue program, without luck.
Old 16 September 2019, 06:28   #2
BastyCDGS

Send a message via ICQ to BastyCDGS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightshft View Post
The folder AmiBlitz2 is missing completely Of course it was assigned as BLITZ2: . I guess it was an Amiga delete command (and not as a corrupted/missing windows folder) as the folder.info file is gone too. The corresponding workbench folder now is missing a big icon.
Amiga normally can't delete folders/files which are in use, since you are using BLITZ2: assign, it normally isn't possible that the whole folder has disappeared.

I suggest you checking if you accidentally moved it to another directory or renamed it. Did you do a normal search for a file which you know has been inside there?
Old 16 September 2019, 09:55   #3
Daedalus

Oh dear I used AB2 for years until AB3 came along and never had anything like that happen, but that was on a real Amiga. I don't really see how it could have happened either - does your program do any file modifications etc. that could have run awry in your previous compile prior to saving?
Old 16 September 2019, 14:33   #4
Nightshft

Thanks for the help guys =)
Basti, good idea. Seems like you are right. It moved the entire AB2 folder including the .info into another folder. (which was in the same folder depth)
- It must have happened in AmigaOS since it moved the .info too.
- It wasn't me. I was editing andrewsdemos/art5.bb and couldn't save via Amiga-S because of missing destination folder. 2 Minutes before I was able to save. I wasn't leaving the editor. =P

I don't know why it happended, but all well. Will make some .zip of folders now