English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 24 February 2019, 06:16   #41
Dynamic_Computi
10MARC

A brand new 10 Minute Amiga Retro Cast is up! This week I am reviewing the Macrosystems V-Lab 24 bit Digitizer for ZORRO-II Amiga's. This thing is awesome for creating animations, too! Check it out. [ Show youtube player ]
Old 11 March 2019, 07:17   #42
Dynamic_Computi
10MARC

A special Episode of 10 Minute Amiga Retro Cast. It starts as a clarification of the Amiga drama from last week involving Individual Computers, and ends with some surprising and welcome information from Mike from Cloanto! The new owner of the Amiga IP.
[ Show youtube player ]
Old 21 March 2019, 01:03   #43
Dynamic_Computi
10MARC

I have a rare mid-week 10 Minute Amiga Retro Cast. I took the new "Chocolate Lagoon" parody video from the awesome people at Bad Lip Reading and converted it to HAM6 video format to play back on real Amiga's! It plays perfect on my ACA500+ Amiga running at 14 Mhz. Check it out!

[ Show youtube player ]
Old 21 March 2019, 08:38   #44
onkelarie

I totally missed this channel, now subscribed. I have a lot of catching up to do, looks very interesting
Old 25 March 2019, 05:40   #45
Dynamic_Computi
10MARC

A new 10 Minute Amiga Retro Cast is up! This week I have a tutorial on the Awesome AmigaVision software! Come learn about AmigaVision with me! [ Show youtube player ]
Old 25 March 2019, 05:40   #46
Dynamic_Computi
10MARC

Quote:
Originally Posted by onkelarie View Post
I totally missed this channel, now subscribed. I have a lot of catching up to do, looks very interesting
Hey thanks! I really appreciate the kind words!
Old 26 March 2019, 22:18   #47
thairacerjp

Hi marc ! , congratulation for yours greats podcasts, i have one question, before you do the podcast in HAM and in mpg, asking to use riva player, i couldn't have sound with riva 0.50 on wb 3.1 , do you have a tips ?
thanks
Old 27 March 2019, 03:56   #48
Dynamic_Computi
10MARC

Quote:
Originally Posted by thairacerjp View Post
Hi marc ! , congratulation for yours greats podcasts, i have one question, before you do the podcast in HAM and in mpg, asking to use riva player, i couldn't have sound with riva 0.50 on wb 3.1 , do you have a tips ?
thanks
My guess with no audio is that you did not install the required mpega.library - It needs it to decode the audio. Here is the link to the library that you need.

http://aminet.net/package/util/libs/mpega_library
Old 28 March 2019, 21:12   #49
thairacerjp

I have downloaded the files but when i wanted to put in libs, i remember that i was already done ! , so the problem is somewhere else, may be my version of riva ?
i will give a try tomorrow. thanks for your help.
Old 29 March 2019, 09:03   #50
spudje

Well... It seems Cloanto even licensed the "Amiga 2 more weeks" trademark... We're more than 2 weeks after the youtube video, and still no announcement from Cloanto, which would happen in the "next week or two" as mentioned in the video...
Old 29 March 2019, 14:25   #51
number6

Quote:
Originally Posted by spudje View Post
Well... It seems Cloanto even licensed the "Amiga 2 more weeks" trademark... We're more than 2 weeks after the youtube video, and still no announcement from Cloanto, which would happen in the "next week or two" as mentioned in the video...
Actually, the overlayed text said "days" after the March 11 podcast announcement.

details

Old 29 March 2019, 18:06   #52
Dynamic_Computi
10MARC

Quote:
Originally Posted by spudje View Post
I told Mike from Cloanto that he was on a tipping point to win over the Amiga Community, and he needed to ramp up his communications while there was still buzz about the purchase of the Amiga Assets. May his interview with Stephen Jones in a week or so will reveal something.

He just does not seem to understand how the Amiga fanbase communicates. I tried to help and even offer to assist in the communication...
Old 29 March 2019, 18:11   #53
Dynamic_Computi
10MARC

Quote:
Originally Posted by number6 View Post
Actually, the overlayed text said "days" after the March 11 podcast announcement.

details

I can only tell you what he told me. I sent him a list of questions, and he answered them. He admitted that he was "Late" in communicating information to the community, and strongly insinuated an announcement very, very soon.
People subcontract this type of communication work all the time. For a couple hundred per month, Mike could hire someone to update information on Social Media once or twice a week. I am afraid he is continuing to drop the ball because of his dislike of social media.
Old 29 March 2019, 18:13   #54
Dynamic_Computi
10MARC

Quote:
Originally Posted by thairacerjp View Post
I have downloaded the files but when i wanted to put in libs, i remember that i was already done ! , so the problem is somewhere else, may be my version of riva ?
i will give a try tomorrow. thanks for your help.
How about AHI? Have you tried it with that? Or maybe you have AHI installed and it is misconfigured, so the RiVA audio is going to the wrong place. Are you using the RiVA GUI? it is a separate download for the latest version, but makes changing settings a lot easier.
Old 29 March 2019, 19:07   #55
number6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamic_Computi View Post
I can only tell you what he told me. I sent him a list of questions, and he answered them. He admitted that he was "Late" in communicating information to the community, and strongly insinuated an announcement very, very soon.
People subcontract this type of communication work all the time. For a couple hundred per month, Mike could hire someone to update information on Social Media once or twice a week. I am afraid he is continuing to drop the ball because of his dislike of social media.
What both you, Steve, and others try to do to get information to the public is admirable.
At least a decade ago I suggested all the parties use a central clearing house for press releases. There are so many spelling and grammar issues especially in translations, that people are continually misunderstood.
On AmigaWorld in fact, during better times we had moderators that helped people with the ideas they wished to convey through "news" items.
Sadly, at this juncture, given the fact that no one trusts anyone, I'm afraid all the parties are on their own when it comes to making any statements.

By the way, as of this writing I have asked Steve for any updates, changes, dates, etc twice with no response.
Source

Again, thanks for trying.

Old 30 March 2019, 00:43   #56
Budda

Hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by number6 View Post
By the way, as of this writing I have asked Steve for any updates, changes, dates, etc twice with no response.
Source

Again, thanks for trying.

Don't know if you have access to the FB Checkmate 1500 + group, but some one on there ask Steve on this past Wednesday (27th) whether the interview was that day, and Steve replied that it was "...coming next weekend hopefully", whether he means this coming weekend (30th-31st March) or next weekend (6-7th April) I not sure. The various forum posts does say before end of March so I assume 30th-31st March.

Steve seems quite a busy guy so people should just be a bit patient with him I think.

BTW. @#6
I just recently come back to the Amiga scene. Appreciate that you trying to keep on top of the news and happenings with impartial view and informing the community. Been a bit of a whirlwind trying to understand everything that's happened since I've been away all these years
Old 30 March 2019, 00:58   #57
Budda

Actually thinking some more, it could also be next weekend (6-7th April) cos the end of March was for the call of questions by email. So then maybe a week to go through and select which questions to ask and organize it seems reasonable.
Anyway it all a guess for me.
Old 01 April 2019, 05:55   #58
Dynamic_Computi
10MARC

Episode 26 of "10 Minute Amiga Retro Cast" is up! This is part two from last weeks tutorial on AmigaVision. ANIM files, HAM6 videos and brushes are covered in this episode. Please enjoy! [ Show youtube player ]
Old 09 April 2019, 06:23   #59
Dynamic_Computi
10MARC

This week, my A1200 gets some well deserved love. I don't use it much because of annoying keyboard issues, half its guts were hanging out the sides, and the CF card was SLOW! Join me as I fix all of that and make the little guy purr like a kitten!
[ Show youtube player ]
Old 29 April 2019, 15:59   #60
Dynamic_Computi
10MARC

This week on 10 Minute Amiga Retro Cast, I explore the AGA graphics capabilities of the A1200 with some great photos from Amiga Bill from The Guru Meditation and Vicky (Pixel Vixen) - spoilers: AGA pictures at 1280x1024 resolution are fantastic!
[ Show youtube player ]