English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 16 July 2020, 17:10   #1
solarmon

GUI taskbar display - current inserted DF0 disk image

Hi,

I see that the bottom left of the WinUAE GUI task bar shows the inserted disk image for DF0.

However, this only seems to be displayed briefly for a few seconds when the emulation starts, but then disappears.

Is there a setting to fix/change this behaviour?

I've tested this in latest WinUAE4400_x64 version.
Old 16 July 2020, 20:12   #2
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

It is status bar that shows some event messages (not only floppy related and not only DF0:) for few seconds. It is shown at startup because it is considered disk insertion and disk insertions are shown.

Keeping last message visible until next message appears would be quite confusing if there is more than 1 drive enabled or some other event is shown.
Old 16 July 2020, 21:46   #3
solarmon

Oh, right, it's a status bar.

There is no way to show the image inserted of each drive, whilst emulation is running? I know I can press F12 and get see it shown in the Floppy drives section, but it would be nice to see it whilst the emulation is running, even it is a separate window or something.

Or maybe is there some kind of WinUAE 'API' that can query that and show it in a separate window?