English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 25 June 2021, 23:32   #4561
Havie

Rachet and Clank: Size Matters on PSP - fun but camera is a pain sometiimes.
Spiderman: Miles Morales on PS5 - really enjoyed PS4 Spiderman and this is as much fun.
Warblade - have always and will always love this game, a true masterpiece of retrogaming with depth.
Old 28 June 2021, 15:10   #4562
Anubis
Retro Gamer

More I play Kerbal Space Program, more I like it. I learned quite few things about space exploration that I did not know previously. Always was under impression that similar to Elite - point craft in direction and fly there - space is more about what do you orbit and how to change orbit from one body to another...

Sadly my learning experience costed some Kerbal's their little meaningless lives.

Game is really lots of fun, some messages are just funny... like - we hope you got your toothbrush packed, we did not think yet of how we plan to return you back to Kerbal.

Last Friday finally got around to format new HD on MiSTer FPGA for Amiga, install WB, Picasso96 and MIster RTG, Share, WHDLoad and only 2 games to see if everything works. Still lots of work left to be done, but this is first non-ClassicWB install done on MiSTer. (still have one of those around ) I really like this little project.
Old 28 June 2021, 17:28   #4563
RoniWorlds

I'm currently finishing the game on X360 Castlevania. Good Game.
Old 28 June 2021, 22:58   #4564
Ostin Maur

Been playing World of Warcraft Burning Crusade Classic
I'm 63 hours in. I been grinding my characters to level 99 and been doing all the sidequests/hunts. With extra help it is much easier to play.

Last edited by Ostin Maur; 05 July 2021 at 23:29.
Old 04 July 2021, 14:29   #4565
Spriteer

Just played Banshee on CD32. Got around 13k pts on normal diff and defeated a boss (Ball&chain) that was invincible to me earlier.
Old 04 July 2021, 23:17   #4566
Biscuit
Baked Produce

I like that Banshee gives you a chance to build your weapons up again. I came so close to finishing it a few months ago when we played it in the competition, but the last level is mental. The beginning is one of the hardest bits too IMO.
Old 05 July 2021, 23:39   #4567
Spriteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuit View Post
I like that Banshee gives you a chance to build your weapons up again. I came so close to finishing it a few months ago when we played it in the competition, but the last level is mental. The beginning is one of the hardest bits too IMO.
Is it supposed to be even possible to defeat the game solo? I have been wondering about this with SWIV too.
Old 06 July 2021, 09:51   #4568
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Cat's Quest 2. The name may make it sound like a dorky mobile game, but it's actually a really good casual action RPG with coop play capabilities (where one plays a cat and the other plays a dog) - it even has a dodge roll mechanic. The gameplay, although pretty simple, is quite smooth and a few minor tactics are needed to get through fights without having to heal every 5 minutes; roll away at the right moment, use a magic spell at the right time, lure enemies into traps, that kind of thing.

If you want to get a spouse into gaming, this is the one.
Old 06 July 2021, 14:16   #4569
Anubis
Retro Gamer

I played a bit more of Kerbal Space Program over weekend. Figured out how to use orbits to move / change position and go form one planet to other, as well how to get close to other spacecrafts and did bunch of rescue missions. Quite interesting game, with steep learning curve. Some knowledge of physics is required for this one. Apparently parts of the game were added after NASA approached developer to include asteroids and later add some more challenges into the game.

https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...nasa-minecraft
https://www.space.com/kerbal-space-p...challenge.html

On MiSTer FPGA I was installing WHDLoad games and testing many of them, playing some more than others... (Lemmings, first 10 levels, Lionheart, Flashback (first level), Emerald Mines (original) - first 5 levels... and many others. Can't wait until they add some Accelerator to MiSTer, as that is only things that is missing at the moment. My current setup is with OS3.2, 1 x 6GB HD split into 3 partitions (2 x 500MB for OS and Work partition and 5GB for Data with games, demos and mod files). I have working RTG with Picasso96 installed and shared folder which works as good way to send data to and from Amiga OS.

Last edited by Anubis; 06 July 2021 at 14:45.
Old 23 July 2021, 05:30   #4570
Anubis
Retro Gamer

Company of Heroes - never finished first game... giving it a try.
Old 23 July 2021, 09:58   #4571
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Giving Blasphemous a second go now that I have a new controller. The gameplay experience is a little smoother this time around but jeepers this game is HARD. You can always know that is the case, the first enemy you fight in the game is a boss which sets the tone quite nicely.

I'm not going to call it a metroidvania game, it is instead a 2D Dark Souls-inspired game since it borrows quite some mechanics from it like dodge rolling and reposting and the way deaths are handled. I find the style a little depressing and the heavy religious undertones can get on the nerves at some point but all the really cool animations make up for it a lot.

One of Team 17's finest releases so far, I would say.
Old 23 July 2021, 20:29   #4572
Nobby_UK

Still on Skyrim
Finally maxed out Restoration

Only Pick-Pocketing left,
currently on 63.7% (mostly via trainer)
Old 23 July 2021, 21:21   #4573
modrobert
old bearded fool

GridRunner on the A1200 using WHDLoad.

(Also dusted off the Xbox 360 with xkey, playing Dead Space 3 late at night.)
Old 23 July 2021, 21:37   #4574
Anubis
Retro Gamer

Erm, what is xkey?
Old 23 July 2021, 22:28   #4575
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Either modrobert is talking about xk3y, or he dusted of his xbox 360 with a midi keyboard
Old 23 July 2021, 22:49   #4576
modrobert
old bearded fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimbal View Post
Either modrobert is talking about xk3y, or he dusted of his xbox 360 with a midi keyboard
Yes, that came out a bit weird, both xkey and xbox 360 were collecting dust.

(3k3y with '3', xkey was originally with 'e', but no one cares anymore.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
Erm, what is xkey?
An ODE (Optical Disc Emulator) for Xbox 360, hardware device with display, in short you can select and play the games from USB hard drive instead of DVDs.
Old 26 July 2021, 21:17   #4577
Nobby_UK

Playing the Dwemer Colosseum Mod:

You get Shanghaied into the Arena with just Basic Gear

Thought I was stuck that way but a Dark Bro helps

Done fighting ---
Now have to find Fuel for an AirShip

Last edited by Nobby_UK; 04 August 2021 at 13:54. Reason: update
Old 26 July 2021, 21:22   #4578
Anubis
Retro Gamer

For couple of days learning how to play Factorio.
Old 27 July 2021, 11:37   #4579
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Try to stay away from Youtube as long as possible The most fun to be had is to discover how things work on your own and just create abominations which you improve upon gradually.

The one tip I'll give you is to be careful with biters. They are triggered by pollution to attack you (something you already discovered based on the achievement you received) and they actually become stronger based on two factors: time and how many of their hives you have destroyed. Destroying a lot of their hives makes their evolution go faster, try to minimise doing that. It's better to just setup defences against their attack waves. And there is the old saying: don't protect your base, protect your pollution cloud.

(or turn off biters entirely if that aspect of the game annoys you, I certainly turn them off nowadays).
Old 27 July 2021, 13:18   #4580
Anubis
Retro Gamer

For now, just as you say, creating my own abomination. Good thing is that I don't mind creating something - destroy it and recreate better way. As for protection, for now it seems they attack from the same hive, so for now it is easy to protect.