English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 16 February 2021, 16:15   #1
Seiya

Amiga in hardware and Software

To not go OT in hardware sections i open here my little consideration, my little opinion (maybe is wrong) about how many loosing resource to develop new hardware when we can concentrate on softwares or enhance

Windows has DX11/12 applications, demos & games that exploit these features
Linux has Vulkan applications, demos & games that exploit these features
Amiga has nothing

We have Vampire, Buffee, Warp and others hardwares, but nothing that exploit their special features so why spend time and money to invest or produce if there isn't software that use it.

There is for sure some new games like Worthy, Sam's Journey, Reshoot, Invija and many others, but they require a stock Amiga 500 or Amiga 1200 that show again that invest in new hardwares with special features are useless.
If from games part there is some productions, but always for stock Amiga, from other part, no new applications. Yes many can conisder Vampire, Buffee or Warp like simple accelerator to speed up old applications, but these cards have so new features that require new softwares.

Today the only updated software are AIBB, SysInfo e Riva, but really this is the path of Amiga in 2021? Advertise the Amiga platform in the whole world with hardware news and then show 30 years old ago software?

For me i love games for stock Amiga. In the past me too, i loved Doom like games and i bought accelerators for that, but now Doom like i play on Linux or Windows and Amiga is a simple vintage retrogaming experience