English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Misc > MarketPlace

Old 07 February 2020, 23:09   #1
68Kaya

GBA1000 Turbo Card ??

Hi all......is this old card still in existence ? I see people selling PCB's, but what is the use of this if one cannot get the parts//jedec files for the pld devices ?
Best, Anthony.
Old 08 February 2020, 21:07   #2
pgovotsos

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68Kaya View Post
Hi all......is this old card still in existence ? I see people selling PCB's, but what is the use of this if one cannot get the parts//jedec files for the pld devices ?
Best, Anthony.
If you get the bare board, people like hese on AmiBay can provide the other parts and assemble it. Not sure how much others may charge but he is reasonable. It was around $300 USD for him to assemble one for me. The quality of his work is excellent.

It can take some time for him to get it done since he has a lot of Amiga work sent to him and he has a real job in addition The wait isn't unreasonable, just a couple of months. Tbtorro also can do work and he does this for his real job and has excellent tools at hand. In the US there is acill but his turnaround time is long because he is really swamped with Amiga work and travels a lot for work but people seem to be happy with his work. Amigapassion in the UK can probably do it.

There are others that you can find if you go through the offered services forum on AmiBay. I only have personal experience with hese since he was able to do a big job assembling a dozen boards for me and I haven't really had any need for any more work to send to anyone else. The reviews of the other people I mentioned are very good so any of them would be good.

If you need the boards themselves, there are several people on AmiBay and ebay that order batches of them (to get lower per board price vs a single board) and sell them on. I got mine from jkremski in Poland. They came with some of the odd bits that can be hard to source already mounted with the chips already programmed. I think it was between $200 and $300 for the full set of motherboard and GPU and accelerator boards. Sorry, it's been a while since I got them and don't remember the actual price but I didn't feel that it was unreasonable.

Hope this rambling reply helps answer your question.
Old 11 February 2020, 21:13   #3
68Kaya

Hello to Pgovotsos........Many thanks for your in-depth reply ! I can get the board and i can get the parts. I have 30-years soldering under my belt and i can build this idea.......but how do i program the Xilinx PLD chips without the jedec files ? If you know where i can download them.....or buy the chips programmed ?......Pray please tell me. I use Paypal for payments. Regards, Anthony.