English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware

Old 15 February 2009, 12:37   #1
Peter
Still an Amiga user

Do you have an Indivision AGA 1200 ?

Do you have an Indivision AGA 1200 scandoubler/flicker fixer?... if you do, did you have any problem setting it up?

I have one installed into a desktop A1200 - it installed fine (great piece of kit) I downloaded the latest software for it - the software recognises that the device is present but I cant get a picture out of my Monitor.

The monitor is actually an LCD TV with PC monitor input - a Sony klv-s19a10u

I have followed all the pretty simple instructions but without any luck and I dont think it is a hardware or installation issue - the monitor just states out of range... it must be picking up a signal to be able to report an out of range message.. I think...

Any ideas?.... did you face any such problems when installing your device?
Did you have to change any settings?
Old 15 February 2009, 17:13   #2
AlfaRomeo
A1200 040 SAM440EP 667

With my IndivisionAGA I had an issue somewhat like yours..
I have 2 LCD´s, one is a LG with 2 outputs (DVI and D-sub) and the other LCD is a sonic.
The LG supports 30-83Khz and 56-75Hz and the Sonic I don´t remember very well but think it supports 31-57Khz or something like that.
I tested the indivisionAGA with the Sonic lcd and it know it has a signal but went in standby mode, and never give me any image, I don´t know why.
With LG, if I has it connected to my PC by DVI and if I try to select the IndivisionAGA signal by D-sub it not recognise that signal and stay connected to PC signal but if I disconnects the PC signal or shut down the PC it automaticaly selects the IndivisionAGA signal and give me a clear picture.
For some weird reason my LG only recognise the IndivisionAGA signal if has not other signal connected by DVI and my other lcd even recognise any signal from IdivisionAGA.
Old 15 February 2009, 19:06   #3
Peter
Still an Amiga user

It seems to me as though there could be a compatibility issue here with my LCD TV/Monitor - below is the chart from my Sony manual which suggests the screen modes the screen is capable of... I thought I may be over-looking something very simple here but now I'm not so sure.

I have emailed Amigakit for some technical advice and I am hoping that they may be able to throw a little more light on this for me - I really don't want to have to buy another Amiga specific monitor as I am short on desk space - I thought the Indivision was going to be the solution for me here...

Thanks for your comments AlfaRomeo...
Any other users had similar experiences?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sony PC Screens Info.jpg
Views:	500
Size:	74.3 KB
ID:	20288  
Old 15 February 2009, 20:14   #4
AmigaFriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfaRomeo View Post
For some weird reason my LG only recognise the IndivisionAGA signal if has not other signal connected by DVI and my other lcd even recognise any signal from IdivisionAGA.
It's common on dual input monitors. DVI always supersedes d-sub signal, unless there is a monitor's menu definition that you can set. That's why you don't get signal from you Miggy with you pc on.

EDIT: Try this: with both computers off, fire your Amiga first, let monitor have signal, then fire your pc and see what happens.
Old 15 February 2009, 20:16   #5
AlfaRomeo
A1200 040 SAM440EP 667

Do you already tested IndivisionAga with the HighGFX40_6 driver from aminet?
Old 15 February 2009, 20:23   #6
AlfaRomeo
A1200 040 SAM440EP 667

@xpect
What you said it´s a half true but why when I try to select D-sub the lcd don´t lock that signal? The same configuration but with my Power computing scandoubler signal at D-sub and I can select between PC or Amiga signals with no problem :P
Old 15 February 2009, 21:43   #7
Peter
Still an Amiga user

I have tried the HighGFX40_6 driver from aminet but still no picture - I mean, I am missing something here - you should pretty much just turn on your monitor and get a picture here basically, is that right?

I realise there is the option to adjust via the software but in principle you should just see a picture - I have booted in both pal and ntsc modes on the A1200 as I read that some lcd's have trouble displaying pal.

What configuration do I have to change or do in prefs/screen mode?
Are there any other adjustments I am over-looking?

Cheers for any help...
Old 16 February 2009, 02:30   #8
Yoto
1 Potato to Spam´em all!

Im running my A1200 Indivision Aga with HighGFX on a Samsung SyncMaster 226BW, with Dual input, My Pc is connected to the DVi input and my A1200 to the 15 pin VGA, i can select between both computers with no problems.
@Peter
The problem Peter is probably non stardard display modes, between INDI and your TV set, in fact you probably have a bigger resolution set on your A1200 than your TV can support in plain VGA mode. 19" LCD TV´s VGA input max. resolution is usually 640x480 @60hz. Make sure your Workbench is set at this resolution first.Other modes like Vesa, may not be compatible with Indivision.
Old 16 February 2009, 04:52   #9
Amiga1992

But when you boot, it should be 320x256 PAL, surely something the TV can recognize...

This probably is a scanrate issue... You need the indivision to send out 640x480 at 31.5 Khz scan and 60 Hz sync, minimum, to get an image. What does the Indivision send out? And PAL being at 50Hz sync, would not work in this TV, if I read the charts correctly...
Old 16 February 2009, 11:08   #10
Peter
Still an Amiga user

At the moment I am having to make the configuration changes while connected to the TV via the old RF cable...

See if I'm doing this right...

1.boot system into NTSC mode via early start up
2.At this stage I am just looking at an NTSC screen via RF
3.Run the Indivision config tool to make the user settings of PAL, NTSC and High GFX to read a setup of 31.5 Khz and 60 Hz (or as near as the config tool allows) - Run Indivision config (file in WB startup to update settings?)
4.Select an NTSC output monitor driver in system/prefs/screenmode - configure screen size to 640x480 and select use - check PC output on TV...

I think I am missing something - although I am seriously now doubting that this TV/PC is capable of displaying a picture via Indivision I am not 100% sure my set up process is correct...
Old 16 February 2009, 12:58   #11
Yoto
1 Potato to Spam´em all!

You cannot use RF and INDI both at the same time i think, if the Aga chipset is used by the rf output it will not initialize the INDI correctly, so no output is displayed.
Just use the INDI setup utility to set it to HIGH GFX, and install the latest driver, set you workbench resolution to 640x480 (or something similar*).

*High FX has a minimum display, remove the default checks and try to use it instead.

Just boot the normal way, (dont select NTSC).
Dont forget to remove the RF output before rebooting, a hard reset would be better.
Old 16 February 2009, 14:37   #12
Peter
Still an Amiga user

That may create a bit of a problem - at present if I choose to USE a screen display to test it - if I cant see it I have the option to revert back to RF to see what I'm doing - if I SAVE a screen display in prefs in the hope that when I re-boot with the RF unplugged and the display doesn't appear I wont be able to get back to a point where I can see anything... hope this makes sense - I am using Classic Workbench 3.1

It is a bit tricky because if I boot up into WB, make the changes, save then re-boot and no picture is visable I wont be able to reset a pal screen type to view via RF to continue testing...
Old 16 February 2009, 14:51   #13
Yoto
1 Potato to Spam´em all!

I believe you can always revert it by booting your amiga from your Workbench Disk, and remove
High GFX from the monitors folder.
Hummm, i may have to test this one out...
Old 16 February 2009, 15:38   #14
Peter
Still an Amiga user

I have to go out for a bit but will get back on this later... thanks for all advice so far!
I need to try to get another screen for testing purposes as I haven't actually seen what this Indivision can even do as yet...!

Come back Commodore 1942 - all is forgiven!
Old 16 February 2009, 17:52   #15
Peter
Still an Amiga user

Going to spend some more time investigating this but just to test the water... can anyone that has an Indivision tell me what monitor they have it connected to and what their opinion of it is... I need to know (if I cant get a picture on my Sony TV/Monitor) what is going to be the best screen to buy to get the best picture from this device... all comments welcome...

Last edited by Peter; 16 February 2009 at 17:58.
Old 16 February 2009, 21:40   #16
Cammy

I use the composite video output and the Indivision output at the same time (on the TV and the PC monitor respectively) and they work fine. Do you have a TV or something with AV-in, or only RF?

If you need to boot back into Workbench after you've changed to an incompatible screenmode, just reboot without Startup-Sequence and re-save the prefs as NTSC/PAL and try again.

I have used the Indivision on both a 17" ViewSonic VX724 LCD display and a 17" Sony Trinitron CPD-200GS CRT display. The LCD works every time. The FIRST time I plugged the Indivision into the Sony, I got the "No signal" screen a few times, but after switching evertything off, checking the plug again (which seemed fine, but I gave it an extra wiggle anyway) and turning it all back on, it's worked ever since.

I guess it's possible that the Indivision itself hasn't been pressed firmly enough onto the Lisa chip, I had to open the A1200 and push it back on harder after experiencing problems the first time I installed it too.

If you run the Indivision tool (viewing on your TV output) try switching between the 1.0 and 1.25 modes and saving it, that might help.

I hope you get it working, Indivisions rock!
Old 17 February 2009, 00:23   #17
Peter
Still an Amiga user

Thanks for your advice Cammy - it seems like these devices are very compatible, I guess they just need a little persuading on occasion...

I tried the Indivision connected to a different LCD TV/PC input this evening and although after some adjustment of the settings on the LCD a picture was clearly visible the screen would not stop rolling from top to bottom...

I tried all the adjustments I could think of but could not get the picture to stay still as it were

A few other people are having a think about this situation for me - I will update the thread here when i have some more information...

If any one else has any idea's or wants to share their Indivision experiences please feel free to post...

Peter
Old 17 February 2009, 01:56   #18
Yoto
1 Potato to Spam´em all!

So far i´ve connected this monitors / TV´s:

Samsung Syncmaster 226BW (22")
LG Flatron L1917S (19")
LG N2200P (CRT) (22")
LCD TV, LG M1921A-BZ (19")
HP LP3065 (30")

All worked fine with no adjustments, just plug and display.
Old 17 February 2009, 14:47   #19
Crowman

I had the same problem on my 26'' LCD TV.
I fixed it by changeing the scanrate from 1.2x (default) to 1.0.

Old 17 February 2009, 15:33   #20
Peter
Still an Amiga user

HI Crowman - what TV do you have?
Did you experience the "rolling picture " that I have on my Panasonic before you changed scan rate?

I intend to do some more testing today... at some stage... it is a bit of a mystery as to why both my LCD TV's seem to not want to co-operate with this Indivision... it does beg the question - is there anything wrong with it but I guess you could just as easily say it could be something wrong with my A1200 but the A1200 had never been opened... it's a puzzle at present.