English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > abime.net - Hall Of Light > HOL suggestions and feedback

Old 20 March 2003, 10:45   #1
Tim Janssen

Question Two general questions about HOL

I have two general questions about HOL:

- I noticed HOL mentions numerous games with the screens 'missing in action'. Some magazines I posess have actually reviewed these games and have a screenshot of it (Project Ikarus, Drop It, Space Wars, Lysis, Fill 'em, Hunt the Fonts, Creepers to name but a few). Do you accept scanned screenshots?
- The 'magazine review' box for each game is empty. Is this a future option that is going to be implemented? If so, will it be a link to other sites or will it feature only scores given by magazines?
Old 20 March 2003, 18:34   #2
RCK
Administrator

- 'missing in action' : In general who will prefer to take fresh screenshot when one emulator or real hardware can run it anyway scan can be accepted, especially for game who was not released ! (search option soon)

- 'reviews' : one review system is planned (with user submit, etc) I don't know when it will be ready & don't know about cross-linking yet ! we will talk about it when it will be coded
Old 25 March 2003, 09:55   #3
Tim Janssen

Cool Some suggestions...

- 'Missing in action': If you look for specific scans of 'unreleased' games, please contact me. I have many magazines which have reviewed such games. At the moment I can supply scanned screenshots of Drop It, Sanctuary and Project Ikarus.
- 'Reviews': I remember more than one year ago Cody often referred to an Amiga Power rating with a short description. Maybe you can use that list?
Old 25 March 2003, 10:10   #4
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Re: Some suggestions...

Quote:
Originally posted by Tim Janssen
- 'Missing in action': If you look for specific scans of 'unreleased' games, please contact me. I have many magazines which have reviewed such games. At the moment I can supply scanned screenshots of Drop It, Sanctuary and Project Ikarus.
Ideally, what would be preferrable would be scans of the WIP pages to be included on the HOL pages as MiscShot, which is used for scans other than box, disk, or screenshots (can be manuals, inserts, adverts, etc.) This should be preferrable to having scanned screens from magazines as screenshots, which are reserved for actual screen captures from games (or in some cases, demos).