English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Coders > Coders. Language > Coders. AMOS

Old 08 July 2021, 16:20   #1
FirstNE

Roll eyes (sarcastic) Where is Monitor?

I have the AMOS Pro program and the addons. When I'm in AMOS it cannot find the Monitor program (F4). I've tried placing the Monitor in various directories, but AMOS Editor still cannot find it. Can someone tell me where it needs to go?
Old 11 July 2021, 15:34   #2
FirstNE

I don't know what is wrong, but in two copies of the AMOS package I have found the AMOSPro_Monitor program and even tried to execute it from the command line. All it does is hang. Calling it from the editor it just says that it cannot find it. Does anyone have a working copy of it? Does anybody actually use it?

Somehow in the program I'm working on I've got an infinite loop. But the way the original code is written (I didn't write it) there are a ton of gotos and gosubs, so single stepping through it would be the easiest way to find out why it's acting the way it is. (I suspect a logic problem -- ie if...then). Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 13 July 2021, 10:10   #3
adrazar

I have an AMOS_Pro directory containing the AMOSPro executable icon and subdirectories like Accessories, APSystem, Examples, Productivity1, Productivity2, Tutorial. I have a file inside APSystem that is called AMOSPro_Monitor, maybe it works if you put it there? The monitor program works for me.
Old 15 July 2021, 16:08   #4
FirstNE

Mmm. Ok - mine is there as well.

Can you run it stand alone?
Does it work with the <M> button within the editor?

I downloaded the software from a couple of different sites/releases - but they all fail. <sigh> Maybe this is a Cloanto/AmigaForever issue.
Old 15 July 2021, 20:43   #5
adrazar

Can't run it outside of AMOS (would have been surprised if I could), <M> button in the editor (the one connected with F4) works.

I can make it not work by renaming the file APSystem/AMOSPro_Monitor_Resource.Abk, perhaps you're missing that one?
Old 16 July 2021, 16:43   #6
FirstNE

Wink

I checked all my downloads and I do not have that file. It's not in the original downloaded file(s). Very strange - but I also checked on github and it's not listed on the "official" download list. However I did manage to find it using another link here on eab. Haven't tried it yet - but your reply makes absolute sense. I may have to install that version of it, but I'm going to try with just the .abk file first.

Many, Many thanks!
Old 16 July 2021, 21:37   #7
adrazar

Hooray!
Old 17 July 2021, 21:20   #8
FirstNE

Yes, indeed it works! This will make debugging sooooo much easier.