Originally Posted by earok View Post
Thank you mate, have responded with feedback
How did the beta test go?
Old 29 September 2015, 00:58   #122
earok

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolderPCB View Post
How did the beta test go?
Keep the faith, the release will come. The guys have done an amazing job on this.
Old 10 October 2015, 16:18   #123
Whitesnake
Martin Shaw

This isn't directly related but a prototype of Putty Squad for the SEGA Mega Drive got released recently.

It has no sound effects and is missing the ending but it has music and all the levels it also has same controls and passwords as the Amiga version.

http://www.retrocollect.com/News/unr...ed-online.html
Old 20 October 2015, 18:26   #124
Telemachus

is the beta available for test?
Old 22 October 2015, 02:02   #125
killergorilla
Lesser Talent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
This isn't directly related but a prototype of Putty Squad for the SEGA Mega Drive got released recently.

It has no sound effects and is missing the ending but it has music and all the levels it also has same controls and passwords as the Amiga version.

http://www.retrocollect.com/News/unr...ed-online.html
Wow, now that is interesting.
Old 24 October 2015, 11:21   #126
Psygore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telemachus View Post
is the beta available for test?
The final cd32 version is done. Earok will make the iso and it will be available on his blog.
Old 24 October 2015, 13:32   #127
wmsteele

Fantastic news... Well done to everyone involved.
Old 24 October 2015, 17:54   #128
Amiga1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psygore View Post
The final cd32 version is done. Earok will make the iso and it will be available on his blog.
HElls yeah! Thanks so much, this is awesome!
I didn't play Putty Squad yet because I Don't use my A1200 for games, now I can finally give it a go

Last edited by Amiga1992; 25 October 2015 at 02:31.
Old 24 October 2015, 21:45   #129
jotd
This cat is no more

Great job Psygore.
Gives me an idea. It should not be too hard to emulate whdload API (already done in Jst) but with all disk reads made using RN loader.
No os swaps no need for extra mem and all ecs games should be possible, and some AGA ones too provided they are not "twiddified".
Old 24 October 2015, 23:55   #130
SolderPCB

Quote:
Originally Posted by jotd View Post
Great job Psygore.
Gives me an idea. It should not be too hard to emulate whdload API (already done in Jst) but with all disk reads made using RN loader.
No os swaps no need for extra mem and all ecs games should be possible, and some AGA ones too provided they are not "twiddified".
Does this mean the possibility of running some AGA games on 2MB Aladdin or Lion King? or ECS games with 2MB requirement Primal Rage?

or even reduce OS swaps on certain games like Desert Strike?

Nice work Psygore Look forward to the release from Earok
Old 25 October 2015, 02:32   #131
Amiga1992

Quote:
Great job Psygore.
If you can make games not lock up with OS swaps it would be amazing, this is the main reason I rarely use WHDLoad installs on my CD32 anymore.
Old 25 October 2015, 08:48   #132
jotd
This cat is no more

I don't see why not. After all, CD32 versions of Chuck Rock & Last Ninja, Premiere, more others already use ECS disk images & a custom loader that removes protection, fixes blitwaits... Rings a bell?

The only problem with reusing whdload slaves "as is" would be the lack of keyboard on standard CD32 setup (I have a A2000 keyboard that connects to the CD32 but most users don't).
Button 1 & 2 would work nice, but you won't be able to pause by pressing "P", "ESC", "space bar" whatever (so long for Desert Strike w/o keyboard).

OR the slaves would need to be modified to be able to read joypad buttons to simulate the keyboard, each and every one, one by one (no generic processing possible here).

OR the tool could be able to "inject" a keyboard event through the joypad reads: read joypad during vblank, and somehow "forward" the utility buttons (pause, green ...) to the keyboard handler. Don't know if it's possible on a real amiga, or Bert would already have done it (or Bert already did it for whdloadcd32 ??)
Old 25 October 2015, 16:33   #133
Amiga1992

Well, I understand effort needs to be put on this and I think it's worth it. I think the CD32 is sadly underappreciated within the Amiga community and more releases like this could push its populaity a bit forward so we can have nicer things for it.

There are a lot of games that don't need a keyboard, and well, we can live without a Pause button I guess!
Old 26 October 2015, 08:13   #134
earok

Quote:
Great job Psygore.
I know JST is abandoned but I'd still love to see RN Loader functionality added to it There's still a few unofficial ports on our blog that rely on it (SOTB 3 and Oh No More Lemmings spring to mind)
Old 26 October 2015, 20:10   #135
jotd
This cat is no more

First JST is not abandonned. I just resurrected it, mainly to make whdload slaves run without whdload and with kick 1.3 support. Btw source is now available.
A cd32 loader would be an independent program, that would reuse some parts of whdload emulation and the rn cd loader.
It would not be possible to quit back since most games use 1mb, and quitting back to wb would be reserved to 512k only games so I won't do it.
I m currently collecting technical info and source. Maybe I ll do it myself or maybe someone else will step up.
Old 26 October 2015, 21:44   #136
Amiga1992

Quote:
It would not be possible to quit back since most games use 1mb, and quitting back to wb would be reserved to 512k only games so I won't do it.
Quit back to what?
It's a games console, so QUIT is not needed, only the RESET button

REALLY looking forward to this happening, thanks so much jotd!
Old 26 October 2015, 22:13   #137
earok

Quote:
First JST is not abandonned. I just resurrected it, mainly to make whdload slaves run without whdload and with kick 1.3 support. Btw source is now available.
A cd32 loader would be an independent program, that would reuse some parts of whdload emulation and the rn cd loader.
I m currently collecting technical info and source. Maybe I ll do it myself or maybe someone else will step up.
Both of those sound amazing. I've started investigating doing CDTV releases, so being able to run whdload slaves on kick 1.3 would be great good luck!
Old 28 October 2015, 13:39   #138
Telemachus

Putty Squad CD32 release has been a long time coming, I can't wait to try it

Where on earok's blog will it appear ?
Old 28 October 2015, 14:01   #139
earok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telemachus View Post
Putty Squad CD32 release has been a long time coming, I can't wait to try it

Where on earok's blog will it appear ?
We're inching closer to a release! Keep the faith
Old 05 November 2015, 19:14   #140