English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Old Rare Games

Old 25 August 2005, 13:45   #1
Styx

the lost patrol (winuae 1.0)

Hi there,

I am looking for a working original version of tlp. I tried google and the links of the faq-section but they all point to certain cracked versions.
One can play them but there is certain problems. Here is what I figures out after ours of reading and testing. There is at last two versions of the game out there.
One is a pre-release and it has a white time bar on top. This version is very buggy and screws up sometimes. Also it misses some animations and stuff like that of the original version. The game menue is also slightly different.
The final version has a green time bar on top and more animations and so on. The final version can be downloaded as a cracked version but it has a hidden copy protection. When you enter the second screen on the main map (after you leave the first village behind you and walked west a bit) all of your man go nuts an kill you all of a sudden.

I would appreciate some help.
Old 25 August 2005, 16:24   #2
fiath

That "hidden copy protection" is probably the "region lock" on this game. Try changing your NTSC/PAL setting.

Is there a version number in this game? Anyone know what the IPF versions are?
Old 25 August 2005, 18:34   #3
Styx

Hm, I don´t think so because you need to choose language before the game starts and I already tried all of them. tnx anyway
Old 26 August 2005, 14:14   #4
fiath

Not language, but *chipset*. Change your PAL/NTSC setting in WinUAE, or on your Amiga (FAT angus needed on A500, or newer Amiga).

The region protection has nothing to do with what language you set in-game.

You probably either have the European (PAL) release and are using it in NTSC mode. Or you have the US version and are using it in PAL mode.

Of course, it could also be another protection I don't know about.
Old 29 August 2005, 15:47   #5
Styx

I assume you mean the host/display settings in winuae. I played around a little with pal and ntsc but unfortunately it didn´t help.
Old 30 August 2005, 14:24   #6
Styx

I found something that underlines what I assumed: http://thelostpatrol.knagge.com/guestbook.htm The webmasta wrote there... Hi, it`s like this... 1) There are two versions of the game: A pirated (buggy) prerealese version and the final sales version. Various different cracks were spread back then, most people seem to know the prerealese version. 2) There is NO WORKING CRACK of the final sales version (the 100% working one with the green timebar on top of the screen). People thought they past the Copylock protection, but it`s more tricky this time and takes effect when moving to the second screen (your men go nutz...) Get your hands on the prerealese version, it does work, but you may notice some bugs there (e.g. minefield section doesn`t work). On the other hand, some prerealese cracks do not seem to work aswell... Maybe you can find the original disks at ebay... uhh, it`s tricky! So there is no other way than the original version.
Old 30 August 2005, 14:43   #7
fiath

Apart from the IPF version... Well, at least maybe. I don't know the version numbers, so I can't tell you which version they are...
http://www.softpres.org/?id=games&search=lost+patrol

Of course, you also need to find it, because you can't download it from that page.
Old 30 August 2005, 19:34   #8
Styx

Well, I got a working version after all.
Old 31 August 2005, 12:07   #9
CFou!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styx
The final version has a green time bar on top and more animations and so on. The final version can be downloaded as a cracked version but it has a hidden copy protection. When you enter the second screen on the main map (after you leave the first village behind you and walked west a bit) all of your man go nuts an kill you all of a sudden.

Indeed, it's RobNorthen copylock protection which causes it. If RNC KEY is bad or not found, game is implayable after the first map scrolling it's a very good protection

In my knowledge there are not good cracked version...

So, you need whdload's patch. It removes goodly robnorthen copylock protection.. so game is fully playable but a bit easy now

to read http://www.whdload.de/games/LostPatrol.html

and you need also both disk image files of the original pal or ntsc game version

Regards,
Old 10 December 2011, 02:23   #10
ufo

I have the original version somewhere (might be rather tricky locating it though).

Also have a few cracked versions though, the particular ones that come to mind are one that begins with a scrolling intro and another that begins with a trainer. These both seemed to work fine as far as I can remember.