English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 20 November 2007, 14:45   #1
mikkers

No idea what to do !!!!!

Hi People,

Was on my pc the other day and decided to try and play some old amiga games, ik+ cannon fodder etc. Anyway I read i needed to get winuae, now I have downloaded all of the kickstart roms(about 30 of them) but when I run winuae it says all the rome are available a500 a600 etc but it says something about a cdtv available but not running also I dont have ARCADE MULTI SELECT available and A590/A2091 Boot rom available, I am just a meagre guy who wants to play some old school classics, can anyone please point me in the right direction please....MIKEY

Old 20 November 2007, 18:16   #2
eLowar
Citizen of Elthesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikkers View Post
[...] but when I run winuae it says all the rome are available a500 a600 etc but it says something about a cdtv available but not running also I dont have ARCADE MULTI SELECT available and A590/A2091 Boot rom available [...]
I'd say you're set.

Did you actually try running something? Usually you'll be able to run most anything with one of Kickstart 1.2/1.3 (A500), 2.05 (A600, I think.) and 3.1 (A1200).
Old 20 November 2007, 18:20   #3
Photon

Maybe he wants to know where the games are.
Old 20 November 2007, 18:52   #4
Sune Salminen
Dinamáquina

I never liked people who have everything, and no idea about what to do with it!

Seriously,
At the least, you need floppy disk images. They come in .adf or .sps format and the most popular games can be easily found with google by searching for gamename.adf.

Get hold of some and then come back if you have more questions.

To emulate a standard Amiga 500 you only need the 1.3 kickstart rom.
Old 20 November 2007, 18:55   #5
Graham Humphrey

Don't forget the FAQ, either
Old 21 November 2007, 11:22   #6
mikkers

Thanks for the reply guy's it turned out it was just a dodgy rom I was trying to run ,and having thoroughly read through the faqs I have had a few incorrect settings too. A good place to download IK + would be helpful as the one I have doesn't work. Thanks again

P.S Very philosophical Sune !!!

Old 21 November 2007, 11:57   #7
T_hairy_bootson
Workbitch 1.3

Quote:
A good place to download IK + would be helpful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Humphrey View Post
Don't forget the FAQ, either
Old 21 November 2007, 13:19   #8
Graham Humphrey

To save the trouble, though, this version of IK+ seems to work fine in A500 quickstart mode.
Old 21 November 2007, 14:07   #9
mikkers

Cooool

Thanks Graham thats fantastic, just trying to get used to the keyboard layout is there a way of setting your own instead of the preset ones in wuae ?, and also sorry to be a pain in the arse I have tried looking throught the forum but cant seem to find out how to combine rom files, I basically hace 3 lemmings files and I need them all in one or need to find out how to run the other roms when it tells me to insert disk2/3 etc

Old 21 November 2007, 14:17   #10
Sune Salminen
Dinamáquina

You have to exit to the front-end and change the inserted disk image. Then go back to the game.

Some games require you to press the left mouse button, space or the joystick button to start loading from the newly inserted disk. Others start by themselves.

IIRC there are also hotkeys to do diskchanges but of course you have to tell the emulator which diskimage goes on which hotkey first.

Right now I can't remember if it's F11 or F12 that takes you to the front-end while you're playing.

You should really take a look at the FAQ, it has the answers to all the questions you've been asking so far.

Some games are more particular than others, but you will learn that it's important to set up the emulator so that the configuration closely reflects the type of Amiga you want to emulate. It's a good idea to read up on Amiga hardware, things like which CPU and what type of memory was used in the various models and so on - then compare this with the requirements for the game. That said, the built-in presets are usually fine for most things.

Good luck!
Old 21 November 2007, 14:21   #11
Belgarath
HOL Team Member

Lemmings supports 2 drives, Lemmings 2 supports 3 drives, so there isn't any need for diskswapping.
Old 21 November 2007, 14:28   #12
hoborg

Send a message via ICQ to hoborg
Quote:
Hi People,

Was on my pc the other day and decided to try and play some old amiga games, ik+ cannon fodder etc. Anyway I read i needed to get winuae, now I have downloaded all of the kickstart roms(about 30 of them) but when I run winuae it says all the rome are available a500 a600 etc but it says something about a cdtv available but not running also I dont have ARCADE MULTI SELECT available and A590/A2091 Boot rom available, I am just a meagre guy who wants to play some old school classics, can anyone please point me in the right direction please....MIKEY
Well, try http://hobring.esero.net/games.htm#how_to_run

No need to configure anything. Just install HWA + games and double click on icon ! Done.

Pages are in Czech, but there is englis description. It is realy easy.

Last edited by hoborg; 21 November 2007 at 14:34.
Old 21 November 2007, 14:52   #13
mikkers

Thanks for all the input again people, I suppose I should be a little more thorough searching throught the facts. I will try and set all that up now.. Thanks again ......MIKEY