English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 12 May 2021, 21:13   #1
Syntrax

Aros 68K

Hi all,

Where can I download an Aros version for 68K that supports Vampire RTG but doesn't require "68080"? Most locations have been removed. This is going to be used on a real 1200 so I can't work with HDF images.

Thanks

Old 12 May 2021, 22:11   #2
Samurai_Crow
Total Chaos forever!

The Vampire team have changed the register map since the original open-source driver was written. The old driver doesn't work any more.

EDIT: The source is at https://github.com/ezrec/saga-drivers
Old 12 May 2021, 22:40   #3
Syntrax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai_Crow View Post
The Vampire team have changed the register map since the original open-source driver was written. The old driver doesn't work any more.

EDIT: The source is at https://github.com/ezrec/saga-drivers
If that implies, they kept the new layout secret, they are very much like other organisations.

Old 12 May 2021, 23:08   #4
Samurai_Crow
Total Chaos forever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syntrax View Post
If that implies, they kept the new layout secret, they are very much like other organisations.
Their public wiki holds the information here. Although they ARE like other organizations with closed-source stuff, they advocate hardware banging and therefore are open with their register map.
Old 13 May 2021, 00:01   #5
AMIGASYSTEM

@Syntrax

My AROS One 68k (see attached video) is currently not distributed but will be when it is more mature.

Of course to run on the Vampire it will need to install the SAGA Drivers and add some in the startup-sequence.

The latest ApolloOS images include a FAT32 partition and this does not allow mounting or booting on WinUAE.

To mount ApolloOS on WinUAE you have to "extract" the RDB partition and use it as if it was a normal Hardfile, after that from WinUAE you can do all the operations you want.

AROS One 68k:

[ Show youtube player ]

Last edited by AMIGASYSTEM; 13 May 2021 at 00:28.
Old 13 May 2021, 10:35   #6
Syntrax

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIGASYSTEM View Post
@Syntrax

My AROS One 68k (see attached video) is currently not distributed but will be when it is more mature.

Of course to run on the Vampire it will need to install the SAGA Drivers and add some in the startup-sequence.

The latest ApolloOS images include a FAT32 partition and this does not allow mounting or booting on WinUAE.

To mount ApolloOS on WinUAE you have to "extract" the RDB partition and use it as if it was a normal Hardfile, after that from WinUAE you can do all the operations you want.

AROS One 68k:

[ Show youtube player ]
As I said in my first post, I want it to run on a real Amiga. So information about UAE is irrelevant. I tried your One version in VMware and it looks mature enough if the Amiga version is at the same level.

The Vampire team keeps the 1200v2 owners running after a carrot: yeah we are still (+1 month) debugging core v2.14 before you can run ApolloOS. In other messages you can read that they go full speed forward with newer cores and newer Apollo OS versions for their v4 product. Thats why I am looking at Aros without the Vampire blessing.

Old 16 May 2021, 22:36   #7
AMIGASYSTEM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syntrax View Post
As I said in my first post, I want it to run on a real Amiga. So information about UAE is irrelevant. I tried your One version in VMware and it looks mature enough if the Amiga version is at the same level.
On VMware you cannot try AROS One 68k, you have tried AROS One x86
Old 17 May 2021, 06:13   #8
Syntrax

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIGASYSTEM View Post
On VMware you cannot try AROS One 68k, you have tried AROS One x86
I don't get your point. That distinction is already in my remark.