English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > Looking for a game name ?

Old 23 December 2004, 20:38   #1
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

[Found: Trained Assassin] pd shooter

I don't have high hopes for this one... I just remembered a game that I absolutely loved for as far as I could play it, but seemed to have forgotten about in the last few years...

It was a side way shooter like R-Type, Project-X and Saint Dragon, only PD i guess, it wasn't exactly commercial material, although the ugliest amiga game topic proves me wrong there several times...

The "ship" was some kind of army dude in a blue outfit that just floated through the air, which is the biggest clue I can offer. I seem to remember that the first level scrolled from left to right, and the second from bottom to top where you had to battle a large boss. After that, the game crashed

I also remember that there were pickups to increase weapons, add lives, etc...

Does anybody have an idea what the hell I'm talking about?
Old 27 December 2004, 16:24   #2
Ironclaw
Banned

Played MANY space shooters... but not anyone like that. If you can't come up with more details, I can't help you. Sorry...
Old 27 December 2004, 16:38   #3
Shoonay
Global Caturator

So,
Quote:
Originally Posted by gimbal
The "ship" was some kind of army dude in a blue outfit that just floated through the air
, was it?

How about: Forgotten Worlds, then?
Old 27 December 2004, 17:15   #4
Ironclaw
Banned

Hmm, I recorgnise the title, but have never played the game. Gonna test it right away...
Old 27 December 2004, 18:06   #5
Ironclaw
Banned

Seems to me that there is no scrolling up, but only played the two first levels and they were both horizontal.
Old 27 December 2004, 18:11   #6
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Sounds like Blood Money to me. http://hol.abime.net/?id=154
Old 28 December 2004, 16:25   #7
Titler
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironclaw
Seems to me that there is no scrolling up, but only played the two first levels and they were both horizontal.
I don't know about the Amiga version off hand, but Forgotten Worlds does scroll vertically in the arcade on a number of levels; one of which is up the body of a boss creature, who punches from left and right with huge fists to try and kill you... He can be seen bottom left on this arcade flyer;

http://www.arcadeflyers.com/?page=fl...d=4213&image=1

(the final level is also vertical, if I remember correctly)

Apparently, Forgotten Worlds was the third in a series of similar games by Capcom, "Section Z", and "Side Arms - Hyper Dyne", so you may also be thinking of conversions of one of these too.
Old 30 December 2004, 09:51   #8
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Thanks for the replies, but no, I already went through all the sideway shooters in the HOL. As I said, I didn't have high hopes since there were a billion PD shooters for the Amiga out there.

Can't give more details either, because the entire game seemed to have slipped out of my mind for many years. Don't know what made me remember it, maybe because I played Saint Dragon again about a week ago. The game still kicked my ass....
Old 19 December 2011, 19:02   #9
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Ha! 7 years later I finally found it. It was Trained Assassin

http://hol.abime.net/1494

Apparently not a PD game, although it certainly looks like one. Yay for Recorded Amiga Games for finally solving it!

http://www.recordedamigagames.org/mo...dex.php?id=941
Old 25 March 2012, 15:32   #10
pSouper

heehee - you cheeky scoundrel Gimbal - I smiled more when I read that you loved the game but not so much when you said my graphics looked like they should be pd ;0P

take care.