English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > Looking for a game name ?

Old 21 April 2004, 22:07   #1
killergorilla
Lesser Talent

Looks like Woody's World but with floating king(s)

It's a game where you play a little king that floats around the screen, the gfx are extremely similar to Woody's World.

The king was pink (I think) and I think the second player played as a blue king.

There was something to do with playing cards in the game and I think you fired stars or something like that from a little cane.

It was a side on affair and looked like a cross between Woody's World and Psycho Santa.

Any ideas?

I'll add any more info as I think of it
Old 21 April 2004, 22:09   #2
mr_0rga5m
Tik Gora :D

Like i said on IRC .. It was just a dream .. You crack head
Old 21 April 2004, 22:16   #3
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Sounds like...

Galactic by Stavros Fasoulas......

http://hol.abime.net/?id=2689
Old 21 April 2004, 22:52   #4
killergorilla
Lesser Talent

That's the bastard! Thanks galahad, I was hoping it would trigger some memories.

Now just gotta see how close my description was!
Old 21 April 2004, 23:12   #5
andreas
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to andreas Send a message via AIM to andreas
Question

Hmmm .... HOL says Galactic Xmas Edition so there might exist an "unedited" version of this game as well, then?
Old 22 April 2004, 02:12   #6
killergorilla
Lesser Talent

From the whdload readme...

This patch applies to "Galactic" (c) 1993 Stavros Fasoulas. Galactic
was released exclusively on "The One" coverdisk at Christmas 1993.
Thanks to Mathew Ignash and Fabrizio Bartoloni for sending the originals.

Maybe not then!
I think there was a demo of the original game released in Amiga Power Issue 15 but the full 100 level game was only released as a ONE coverdisk

Also it's in DeCreators archive as AGA and It's not! Change it DeCreator you crazy loon!

Last edited by killergorilla; 22 April 2004 at 02:29.
Old 22 April 2004, 03:44   #7
andreas
Zone Friend

Hooooo

OK but point stays:

This 'Xmas Edition' thing is not only confusing as hell, but it suggests that there's a 'normal edition' too ( = non-Xmas).

<pipe dream>
There might exist a game called 'Galactic' which was never released by the author, Stavros Fasoulas.
</pipe dream>
Old 22 April 2004, 04:56   #8
Codetapper
2 contact me: email only!

There is no "normal" version. Stavros was trying to get a publisher for the game for months without success. I think I even have some previews which said the game was nearing completion mid to late 1991. Once the publishing thing fell through I believe The One offered a decent enough bag of cash to get the game as an exclusive and hence bought the game up. Because it was the Xmas issue the game was probably named as the Xmas edition - even though that is the only version.

The WHDLoad suppliers that sent the originals were in fact people that sent me the original coverdisks in case that isn't clear.
Old 22 April 2004, 08:53   #9
killergorilla
Lesser Talent

Cheers for the info matey, thanks to everyone who's helped as well.

Will give it a go this weekend.
Old 22 April 2004, 22:32   #10
andreas
Zone Friend

Thanks for clearing up that myth, Codetapper.
Might be good to add this info to HOL. But as your info gives the impression of someone very well-informed about this matter, I'll keep out of that in this case.
Old 28 April 2004, 16:42   #11
7-Zark-7
Zone Friend

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codetapper
There is no "normal" version. Stavros was trying to get a publisher for the game for months without success. I think I even have some previews which said the game was nearing completion mid to late 1991. Once the publishing thing fell through I believe The One offered a decent enough bag of cash to get the game as an exclusive and hence bought the game up. Because it was the Xmas issue the game was probably named as the Xmas edition - even though that is the only version.

The WHDLoad suppliers that sent the originals were in fact people that sent me the original coverdisks in case that isn't clear.
Very True. The One actually did a WIP of Galactic quite early after their "relaunch" (with the meger of ACE(? I think)) & at the time mentioned that Stavros was "in talks" with various publishers but that Galactic was unsigned at that time-it also appeared as a demo coverdisc an issue or so later, & presumably also with the other gaming mags-although I'll have the issue somewhere with the WIP,I don't have a scanner unfortunately!

Maybe a case for AGTW to see if there ever was a fully working V1.pre Xmas remix edition still in existance. Maybe Stavros might've had a mostly complete version lying dormant & after the offer from The One, did the remixed version complete with changed GFX & probably fixed any bugs from his original version??
Old 20 March 2006, 15:28   #12
cai24
Graphics Astronaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7-Zark-7
Maybe a case for AGTW to see if there ever was a fully working V1.pre Xmas remix edition still in existance. Maybe Stavros might've had a mostly complete version lying dormant & after the offer from The One, did the remixed version complete with changed GFX & probably fixed any bugs from his original version??
Yes he had a 'complete' version, but the only difference between the One Xmas edition and the 'complete' version was the main sprite.

I will post links for my webpages about P.I.D. and Elfmania datadisk very soon; probably this week, I just want to finish the rest of my amiga galleries before I release them.
There will be *loads* of previously unseen stuff and information, so it will be worth a check
Old 24 March 2006, 15:51   #13
7-Zark-7
Zone Friend

Thumbs up

Very nice to hear-whilst my memories on PID are quite hazy I do seem to recall the screenshots on that one looked very nice-will be interesting to see.