English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 22 May 2021, 17:25   #141
colourspace

remixed soundtrack is AWESOME! especially when those drums kick in. great job h0ffman!
Old 22 May 2021, 17:59   #142
h0ffman

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabidgerry View Post
ok gotcha!

In that case I just need to progress a little further before its's of any use to me

And just for the record I'm using a PSX to Amiga adapter and the pad functions perfect as CD32 so all buttons working well.

Thanks again h0ffman
Pro tip for anyone playing. Keep an eye on when those check points appear in the hud. That is where you will start again if you die / save. If you got off half way round the map and pick up some items it's a good idea to nip into these spots, mostly the elevators, so you'll have those items when you continue.
Old 22 May 2021, 18:01   #143
h0ffman

Also big thank you to everyone in the thread for you comments. I've been focusing on tech support mostly the last couple days but I really appreciate all the feedback.

If you complete it.. let me know!!.
Old 22 May 2021, 18:33   #144
Paulthetall

Amazing work Hofman! Really loved the work you have done for the game! I found a few things I know comparing to the original MSX version.

1. when you have selected a ration, it should automatically refill your health, it doesn't in this case, you need to refill it manually in the f3 part in this game.
2. very dull probably not worthy to mention is that the text boxes are longer then the text itself in quite some cases when you pick up things like weapons, gass mask and such.
3. I had a wierd bug on the roof when I crosses the wiggling bridge, then when I died the sound was distorting until I continued and got back alive, and then the same thing happened again when I died again. In the end it was quite hurtful to the ears so I turned the game off.

Would be nice if this could be fixed in an update? Many many thanks so far. Has been great so far already. Also the music is amazing. Awesome work.

(note: Playing from whdload (not from disk))

Last edited by Paulthetall; 22 May 2021 at 18:41.
Old 22 May 2021, 19:03   #145
nikosidis

The music and sound fx!!! Whow!!
Maybe not huge surprise since it is H0ffman but simply whow
Old 22 May 2021, 19:04   #146
h0ffman

Hey Paul

On the rations, I'm pretty sure that isn't the case having looked at every single line of code from the msx version. Is this a feature in the ports available pc? If so that's why I doesn't do it here. Maybe consider that as an update though.

Text boxes, yep that's right. There are 7-8 textbox configurations with different sizes. Each piece of text has been set to the most appropriate box. I actually added one additional texbox and it was a nightmare to get right.

Sound bug, yep that isn't something I cant fix as it's cache related. Was watching hitch stream it yesterday using an aca500 accelerator and he hit this. As soon as he added NoCache to the whdload slave it stopped happening.
Old 22 May 2021, 21:11   #147
dirkies
Zone Friend

Nothing to do with the high quality of this port, but hell, what were they thinking with the story line of the game. Send in a soldier on an important mission and all he arrives with at the enemy base is... A pack of fags??? :-D
Old 22 May 2021, 21:48   #148
rabidgerry

Yes I need to know, how do I smoke the cigs? It's actual vital that I am able to do that in this game. I love the fact that detail is in the game, wouldn't get that shit these days You'd get a vap e/cig thing which is rubbish.
Old 22 May 2021, 22:12   #149
Paulthetall

Quote:
Originally Posted by h0ffman View Post
Hey Paul

On the rations, I'm pretty sure that isn't the case having looked at every single line of code from the msx version. Is this a feature in the ports available pc? If so that's why I doesn't do it here. Maybe consider that as an update though.

Text boxes, yep that's right. There are 7-8 textbox configurations with different sizes. Each piece of text has been set to the most appropriate box. I actually added one additional texbox and it was a nightmare to get right.

Sound bug, yep that isn't something I cant fix as it's cache related. Was watching hitch stream it yesterday using an aca500 accelerator and he hit this. As soon as he added NoCache to the whdload slave it stopped happening.
Ah, the ration thing I might be confused with Metal Gear 2 which I am sure it refills. So now worries then. And ah, about about the text boxes, no worries it was just a small detail :P we can't have everything

About the sound, ah ok, so cache thing. No worry then. I got it after the game was running for a couple of hours. So no worries.
Old 22 May 2021, 22:19   #150
manossg

Just tried it in my V4, plays beautifully and the soundtrack is fantastic!

Many thanks!
Old 23 May 2021, 12:33   #151
Lisko

Really fantastic port! The new music is amazing! I tried this from floppy on my a1200 with blizzard 1230 mk iv. I have to report that saving after starting a new game, without getting to a check point, worked but after restarting the amiga the floppy didn't boot anymore stuck at a black screen with motor and floppy led on. It's like the floppy got corrupted. Also in the future consider adding an option for saving and loading from anywhere and not just from the elevators, like you could do on the msx if you have a Konami game master 2 cart. Will make the game easier without falling in cheating but obviously only if this doesn't require massive efforts. Thank you again for your work.
Old 23 May 2021, 13:01   #152
h0ffman

Thanks for the report. Any chance you could do an adf dump of the corrupt floppy? Would like to investigate.
Old 23 May 2021, 13:35   #153
Dradd

Quote:
Originally Posted by stylon View Post
Anybody else just getting a black screen after the WHDLoad splash screen appears? F10 doesn't work and I have to reset my Amiga.
Yes, I did. I've been playing from the ADF file since. Just can't get the install to work as in complete the install process - goes weird when asking for the source of the game install (ADF/Floppy etc.) but seems to actually install some files including the main game file. Think my installer is an old version. Not had much time to tinker with the install tbh so will try again this afternoon.

*Edit*
Should add I'm running stock A1200 with extra 8Mb ram and that's about it. RAM down to 4Mb as I use a CF card for stuff.

*Edit 2*
Okay, I've got it to install and it's working fine from WHDLoad. Strangely had to select 'floppy disk' from the installer point it to the ADF file on my USB key/Gotek.
It's installed and running fine now.

Last edited by Dradd; 23 May 2021 at 15:00.
Old 23 May 2021, 22:51   #154
rabidgerry

I absolutely love the MSX emulated music, it's pretty heavy!!

But enhanced Amiga track is also superb. I feel like I dunno which to choose everytime!! I got to a checkpoint in the lift BTW and indeed I can save my game

I love the options within this port it's like totally spoiling us!! Not gonna lie the game is frustrating as hell but it's very sophisticated and one you need to think about. It's all I've played this weekend!!! Just about to blow the fuck out of the electric floor with the remote rocket! Yeeee haawww!
Old 23 May 2021, 23:58   #155
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

Send a message via ICQ to Predseda
Lemon entry

https://www.lemonamiga.com/games/details.php?id=4639

(please H0ffman, check)
Old 24 May 2021, 03:06   #156
DMackey828

Enjoying the game on my Rev.5 a500.

Thanks for all you do.
Old 24 May 2021, 06:57   #157
honx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisko View Post
Also in the future consider adding an option for saving and loading from anywhere and not just from the elevators, like you could do on the msx if you have a Konami game master 2 cart. Will make the game easier without falling in cheating but obviously only if this doesn't require massive efforts. Thank you again for your work.
totally agree! we need more saving flexibility!
i completely forgot how hard this game can be! only having checkpoints in elevators makes it a bit frustrating...

btw. how do i use cheats in amiga port (more stuff in inventory)?
Old 24 May 2021, 08:21   #158
h0ffman

Quote:
Originally Posted by honx View Post
totally agree! we need more saving flexibility!
i completely forgot how hard this game can be! only having checkpoints in elevators makes it a bit frustrating...

btw. how do i use cheats in amiga port (more stuff in inventory)?
Don't use the cheats yet, they appear to have a bug which crashes the game!!
Old 24 May 2021, 14:23   #159
h0ffman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predseda View Post
Lemon entry

https://www.lemonamiga.com/games/details.php?id=4639

(please H0ffman, check)
Can you add

Credits: Translation - Akira

Language : Japanese

Otherwise all looks good, thanks for adding.
Old 24 May 2021, 15:01   #160
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

Send a message via ICQ to Predseda