English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > New to Emulation or Amiga scene > Member Introductions

Old 12 July 2021, 12:32   #1
turbo_billy

Greetings

Greetings ladies and gentlemen,

My name is Tim and back in the day the Amiga 600 was the first computer I ever owned.
This was followed shortly thereafter by the Amiga 1200 for which I purchased an optional plug in external hard drive with a massive.....256mb of storage. If I remember correctly this cost close on £100........I also became the owner of an Amiga CD32 games console when they became available.

This brings me to the purpose of my visit. After digging the console out of storage recently, the graphics appear to be faulty. I have read through the forums on this site and believe this is a common problem, with the capacitors giving up the ghost on the board. Graphics are faintly visible on screen but appear almost in the primary colours only with a brackish background. The machine boots and loads as it should do and the sound is fine.

As you are all aware, these are becoming rarer to find and hence the prices seem to be going through the roof. It would be nice to get this back into good working order and so am looking for any advice on who to trust with the job? I believe one of the members here, BEBEK has many good things said about him?

Hopefully I haven't overstepped the mark by posting this here and look forward to trawling the forums.

Cheers.
Old 12 July 2021, 13:16   #2
Nobby_UK

Welcome

Trawling or Trolling
Old 12 July 2021, 13:25   #3
chip

Welcome !