English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Games

Old 20 March 2021, 19:42   #21
Louk

I can get the game working on WinUAE fine but was wondering if GloomDX.lha was a bootable WHDLoad version i could play on Emulationstation/my Raspberry Pi - as all the games I play on that are single file .lha or .adfs
Old 20 March 2021, 22:51   #22
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louk View Post
I can get the game working on WinUAE fine but was wondering if GloomDX.lha was a bootable WHDLoad version i could play on Emulationstation/my Raspberry Pi - as all the games I play on that are single file .lha or .adfs
As far as I'm aware there are no WHDLoad versions of Gloom Deluxe, Gloom Special Edition, or Gloom 3: Zombie Edition.

I have .HDFs that I created of these though

Anyway, I've now created a bare-bones / self-booting .HDF with trainer of Gloom Deluxe for you

Archive in The Zone!

If you want to run in fullscreen then I suggest setting an "AGA" configuration with "Fastest possible" set.

Last edited by DamienD; 20 March 2021 at 23:06.
Old 21 March 2021, 10:32   #23
Louk

Ah thank you very much! I will give it a go now
Old 21 March 2021, 11:33   #24
mrv2k

Aladin has a set of Gloom WHDLoad files in his collection here. ftp://grandis.nu/~Uploads/Aladin/WHDLG/
Old 21 March 2021, 12:59   #25
Patrickx1989

I'd really like to recommend "ZGloom" to anyone who wants to play Gloom Deluxe, Gloom 3 or Zombie Massacre. It's basically a port of Gloom using the GZDoom engine, optimised to run on modern PCs Here you can find out more about it and the links:
https://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=67283
Old 10 April 2021, 03:08   #26
SquawkBox
Speedbump gimme goosebump

Send a message via ICQ to SquawkBox
I looked into nittamituaki's Gloom mod section on his web site (link here) and noticed Zombie Massacre DATA link was broken (ZGloom engine requires Earok Gloom source code or any of these DATA archives).
My question is : Can someone (or nittamituak himself, since he happens to be a member of EAB) put into the Zone Zombie Massacre DATA archive "Gloom4-for-ZGloom.zip" ?
Here is the GitHub link to download right away ZGloom engine Windows binary and / or Gloom source code :
https://github.com/Swizpig/ZGloom/releases

Last edited by SquawkBox; 10 April 2021 at 04:35.
Old 10 April 2021, 20:21   #27
wiz12

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
As far as I'm aware there are no WHDLoad versions of Gloom Deluxe, Gloom Special Edition, or Gloom 3: Zombie Edition.

I have .HDFs that I created of these though

Anyway, I've now created a bare-bones / self-booting .HDF with trainer of Gloom Deluxe for you

Archive in The Zone!

If you want to run in fullscreen then I suggest setting an "AGA" configuration with "Fastest possible" set.

Damien, I've copied the contents of this hard drive file or the entire system drawer to my DH1 drive, is it possible to have an executable file that will run the startup-sequence from there as I'd like to have it run the trainer and then the game automatically?
Old 10 April 2021, 21:20   #28
Patrickx1989

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquawkBox View Post
I looked into nittamituaki's Gloom mod section on his web site (link here) and noticed Zombie Massacre DATA link was broken (ZGloom engine requires Earok Gloom source code or any of these DATA archives).
My question is : Can someone (or nittamituak himself, since he happens to be a member of EAB) put into the Zone Zombie Massacre DATA archive "Gloom4-for-ZGloom.zip" ?
Here is the GitHub link to download right away ZGloom engine Windows binary and / or Gloom source code :
https://github.com/Swizpig/ZGloom/releases

Hi, I'm not sure what data exactly you need, but I have all the ZGlooms in a "ready to go" package. I just uploaded my zip of Gloom 4 to the Zone. All you have to do is download it (about 12MB) and extract it, click on the exe and you should be ready to go Hope it works!

PS: All credit of course goes to nittamituaki for creating this awesome port of Gloom!!

Last edited by Patrickx1989; 10 April 2021 at 21:30.
Old 10 April 2021, 21:47   #29
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiz12 View Post
Damien, I've copied the contents of this hard drive file or the entire system drawer to my DH1 drive, is it possible to have an executable file that will run the startup-sequence from there as I'd like to have it run the trainer and then the game automatically?
Just create a script to do that

If you're stuck let me know and I'll quickly slap one together for you
Old 10 April 2021, 22:06   #30
wiz12

Quote:
Just create a script to do that

If you're stuck let me know and I'll quickly slap one together for you

Yeah, it's the script I'm stuck on.
Old 11 April 2021, 01:01   #31
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiz12 View Post
Yeah, it's the script I'm stuck on.
Ok, I've put a file "StartGloom.lha" into the Zone!

Just extract this into the "Gloom" folder

You can now also delete the file "playgloom.info"...
Old 11 April 2021, 01:37   #32
wiz12

Quote:
Ok, I've put a file "StartGloom.lha" into the Zone!

Just extract this into the "Gloom" folder

You can now also delete the file "playgloom.info"...

Thanks Damien.
Old 13 April 2021, 15:10   #33
SquawkBox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrickx1989 View Post
I just uploaded my zip of Gloom 4 to the Zone. All you have to do is download it (about 12MB) and extract it, click on the exe and you should be ready to go
Thank you for uploading both Gloom 4 and Gloom Deluxe packages. I am facing a small issue with controls though, it affects each and every package (so that must be down to the way the controls are mapped in the SDL library).
When I start the game, autofire is on, I'd rather shoot enemies on my command, so I deactivate autofire. Back in the game, shooting doesn't work anymore whether I leave default shoot key to left Ctrl or not. Even if I activate autofire again in the middle of a game, no shooting at all, I must restart the executable with autofire on to be able to fire bullets.
Old 13 April 2021, 16:13   #34
Patrickx1989

Are you using the package as I uploaded it, with the config.txt file? I just tried to duplicate your problem in both Gloom Deluxe and Gloom 4, but it works fine for me. I just turn Autofire to "Off" in the in-game options menu, then "Return" to the game, and I can shoot single shots manually. So it's not an error with the package.....

If it doesn't work in-game, try opening the config file and changing "autofire 1" to "autofire 0", then launch the game. If that also doesn't work, then I am sorry, I don't know what the problem could be. Works fine on both of my Laptops.

Quote:
Thank you for uploading both Gloom 4 and Gloom Deluxe packages. I am facing a small issue with controls though, it affects each and every package (so that must be down to the way the controls are mapped in the SDL library).
When I start the game, autofire is on, I'd rather shoot enemies on my command, so I deactivate autofire. Back in the game, shooting doesn't work anymore whether I leave default shoot key to left Ctrl or not. Even if I activate autofire again in the middle of a game, no shooting at all, I must restart the executable with autofire on to be able to fire bullets.

Last edited by Patrickx1989; 13 April 2021 at 16:21.
Old 13 April 2021, 17:26   #35
SquawkBox

It's an issue I was facing prior to using any of the packages you uploaded. Such was the case when I first attempted to play Gloom with the ZGloom source port and Earok's package, which happens to be original Gloom "source code". I suspect it's down to the way the SDL library is handled within the source port engine, so I'd say it has absolutely nothing to do with any of the game / mods assets. I will give it a try from another machine.
Quote:
try opening the config file and changing "autofire 1" to "autofire 0", then launch the game.
It doesn't solve the issue. Well, don't fret, it provides me an opportunity to make another attempt from my glorious Windows 10 machine .
Old 13 April 2021, 17:40   #36
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
It's an issue I was facing prior to using any of the packages you uploaded. Such was the case when I first attempted to play Gloom with the ZGloom source port and Earok's package, which happens to be original Gloom "source code". I suspect it's down to the way the SDL library is handled within the source port engine, so I'd say it has absolutely nothing to do with any of the game / mods assets. I will give it a try from another machine.

It doesn't solve the issue. Well, don't fret, it provides me an opportunity to make another attempt from my glorious Windows 10 machine .
Not your French keyboard again is it?
Old 13 April 2021, 23:51   #37
Patrickx1989

Quote:

Sorry I couldn't help you solve it. But, once you solved it and finished the games, if you want even more Gloom, I also have a big package called "First Age of Gloom" somewhere that has about 20 or 30 additional levels for Gloom Deluxe. You can just drop me a PM then and I'll look for it, not sure where I have it stored

Last edited by Patrickx1989; 13 April 2021 at 23:59.
Old 14 April 2021, 21:44   #38
SquawkBox

Quote:
if you want even more Gloom, I also have a big package called "First Age of Gloom" somewhere
An even bigger Gloom collector than nittamituaki, who would have thought !
Old 15 April 2021, 15:53   #39
Patrickx1989

Quote:
An even bigger Gloom collector than nittamituaki, who would have thought !

Not sure about that, but yes, I really like Gloom, especially the backstory with the NWO Council ruling the world and the Cultists. It's a pity the story was never fleshed out more, although a draft exists.