English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.FS-UAE

Old 04 January 2014, 07:40   #1
Muppetteer

Custom configurations disappearing from list after scan?

I am using 2.3.15dev on OSX and all in all FS-UAE is fantastic apart from a few obscure games that I like that are missing from the database and a couple of problems that I am having with the launcher.

I have a custom hard drive folder set up with workbench on it along with a few games that aren't in the database, so I created and saved launch configs for them. Now when I scan for any newly added floppies to match up with your database it deletes my custom configurations. Is there a way to stop this? If not can a flag be added to custom configs so that they are not touched by the scanning process please?

Last edited by FrodeSolheim; 05 January 2014 at 19:41. Reason: Updated title to better reflect the problem

Old 04 January 2014, 08:14   #2
Muppetteer

Actually upon further inspection it appears that my custom configs are not deleted as I found them in the Configurations directory. However they are removed from the list when I run a scan, so I need to quit and restart the launcher to show them again. So its a small bug that needs fixing so that custom configs are included in the list after a database scan recreates it.

Old 04 January 2014, 09:14   #3
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Hi, can you send Documents/FS-UAE/Cache/Logs/fs-uae-launcher.log.txt to frode[at]fs-uae.net? Thanks

Last edited by prowler; 04 January 2014 at 20:24. Reason: Obfuscated email address.
Old 05 January 2014, 13:51   #4
Muppetteer

Done.

Old 05 January 2014, 19:47   #5
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Hi, I have reviewed the log and found what I believe is the problem:
Code:
- ~/Documents/FS-UAE
+ ~/Documents/FS-UAE/Floppies
+ ~/Documents/FS-UAE/Hard Drives
+ ~/Documents/FS-UAE/Kickstarts
You have basically removed the default search dir and added specifically Floppies, Hard Drives and Kickstarts -but not Configurations.

The Launcher automatically scans the Configurations folder on startup if the modification time of the Configurations folder has changed (without regarding the search path). This is why the configs appear. The config paths are however stored in the file database, so when you scan, they get removed since they're not included in any of the directories.

Quick solution for you: also add the Configurations dir to the list of directories to scan. Please let me know if it works for you or not

To fix this issue generally, I'll force the Launcher to always scan the "Configurations" dir during file scan regardless of the list of search directories.
Old 06 January 2014, 01:45   #6
Muppetteer

Aha. You are right. I don't remember ever removing it but its possible. This also solves the mystery of why my screenshots would disappear after every upgrade. Thanks for your help.