English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 20 October 2012, 06:12   #1
zunebuggy

Roll eyes (sarcastic) Frustrating Issues With UAE Virtual HD

OK so after a couple of hours, I got a 2GB flash drive mounted as a virtual HD for the Amiga UAE. I assume I am doing something very wrong. I am a complete newbie to UAE. I have Workbench 1.3 in DF0 and it boots up and I can see the flash drive that is loaded with game .adf files. I doubleclick the drive in WorkBench and the window for the drive opens but has no icons or adf files. I can boot adf files easily from DF0 or DF1 by pointing them to individual adf files and saving that config and rebooting, but I would like to load the virtual HD with games and run them from the HD by booting up in Workbench and then opening the drive and double clicking the icon. Maybe that's not how the HD is supposed to work but if not I am totally lost and please walk me through it step by step as if I were a beginner because I am.

Thank you very much for your time.

Old 20 October 2012, 10:27   #2
thomas

ADF files are backup images of floppy disks. There is no way to run games directly from ADF on an Amiga, no matter if real or virtual. Most games are supposed to be booted from floppy disk. They cannot even be installed to harddrive without changing the game's code.

The easiest way to run Amiga games from harddrive is to install them with WHDLoad.

You might need a later OS version, though. 1.3 is very limited.