English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.AmigaOS

Old 10 October 2021, 14:30   #1
rabidgerry

Custom Menus OS3.2

Is there features built into OS3.2 that allow me to customize drop down menus from the title bar, right clicking on the screen drop down menu and also a way to put the time in the title bar?

Or do I need to install something like ToolsDaemon? I literally just discovered ToolsMenu but it only allows you to put things under "Tools" and whilst that does what I want, it would be better to have the option to put things under different titles like "programs" or Utilities. Things like this.
Old 10 October 2021, 15:03   #2
Firestone

Yes, OS3.2 got a native and supported way of making custom pulldown menus. It's called MenuTools. Should be in your WBStartup-drawer and is an ARexx-script.
Old 10 October 2021, 15:34   #3
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

Send a message via ICQ to Predseda
You can edit it in a text editor and it contains easy to understand examples. Customising is not so comfortable as with ToolsDaemon, but works well and it is considered to be system friendly.
Old 10 October 2021, 16:46   #4
rabidgerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firestone View Post
Yes, OS3.2 got a native and supported way of making custom pulldown menus. It's called MenuTools. Should be in your WBStartup-drawer and is an ARexx-script.
I don't seem to have this MenuTools, I have something called ToolsMenu which lets me edit things in the Tool drop down menu. Would it be anywhere else?
Old 10 October 2021, 16:58   #5
rabidgerry

I have a hunch that after installing BestWB it has removed MenuTools and put in this ToolsMenu instead!
Old 10 October 2021, 23:22   #6
fxgogo
your average eccentric

I think so. I am approaching 3.2 without any custom installers like BestWB etc. They make customisation assumptions based off old versions like 3.1, 3.1.4 and the people who made it. I want to experience this new OS in its raw state and add bits as I see fit.
Old 10 October 2021, 23:50   #7
gulliver
BoingBagged

I designed BestWB for AmigaOS 3.1.4.

It SHOULD NOT be used under other AmigaOS versions. The website and readme are pretty clear about this.
Old 11 October 2021, 20:22   #8
rabidgerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by gulliver View Post
I designed BestWB for AmigaOS 3.1.4.

It SHOULD NOT be used under other AmigaOS versions. The website and readme are pretty clear about this.
Sorry that was my fault I used this - BestClassicWB v2.0.3 Easy to get mixed up with the titles.

https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=107410

So I didn't read your instructions wrong, just used a completely different thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fxgogo View Post
I think so. I am approaching 3.2 without any custom installers like BestWB etc. They make customisation assumptions based off old versions like 3.1, 3.1.4 and the people who made it. I want to experience this new OS in its raw state and add bits as I see fit.
I did this with 3.1.4 any it was tiresome. I figured BestClassicWB would get me up to speed a little quicker.

I dunno how to uninstall this ToolsMenu, but I think I'll just get rid. Not sure if I can just copy MenuTools from another HDF I have PRE BestClassicWB and just stick it in the WB Startup folder. If so I can do this or get if from the install disks.

Or Just install ToolsDaemon.

Last edited by rabidgerry; 11 October 2021 at 20:31.
Old 13 October 2021, 19:54   #9
rabidgerry

Went for ToolsDaemon instead, much easier for someone like me to use. I tool a look and MenuTools and thought it seemed like a lot of hassle.