English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware

Old 24 November 2021, 08:35   #1
guybrush

Load a folder in gotek?

Not sure if this is possible so I thought I would ask.

I have a ton of folders, containing different disk mags, that I want to load in my gotek on my A1200. In general, when I want to add new ADF files I load the loader at position 000, select in the interface the files I want to add and then reboot.

Although if I have 80 floppy in a folder, I need to add all 80 each one on a different line. It gets old pretty fast
Other computers have much better "loaders" for their SD drive simulators, where the interface can be called on screen and you can load a file on the fly; so I was wondering if there is any way to make the gotek more flexible.

Even if I can auto-assign the content of a folder would be awesome; so I can use the 2 buttons on the gotek to cycle through all the files in that folder; but I could not find much in terms of such functionality, so I assume it can't be done.

Is that the actual state of things?
Old 24 November 2021, 08:42   #2
indigolemon
Bit Copying Bard

It sounds like you have really old firmware. Current FlashFloppy reads the pen drive and you can just cycle through the found ADF images without setting any kind of loader.

Do you have an OLED screen?
Old 24 November 2021, 09:01   #3
guybrush

Oh wow! I do have an old firmware; did the installation of the gotek in the amiga in 2018 maybe?

I do have both the mods for the rotary encoder and the OLED display; so I just need to update the firmware basically? This is awesome!
Old 24 November 2021, 13:52   #4
lesta_smsc

Quote:
Originally Posted by indigolemon View Post
It sounds like you have really old firmware. Current FlashFloppy reads the pen drive and you can just cycle through the found ADF images without setting any kind of loader.

Do you have an OLED screen?
This is handy to learn. I'm sure mine is one of the 1st releases! Thank you... might be a reason to update!
Old 24 November 2021, 17:17   #5
guybrush

SO I had 0.9 version on it LOL

Although beware of the firmware update process; if you have an old firmware. I had to use the bootloader firmware first; after that the drive was stuck in firmware mode, until I deleted the bootloader update file and replaced it with the actual firmware update.

The github instructions are a bit confusing at least for me; but it works like a charm, now that I know that I need to update the firmware Thanks Indigolemon! Now I can browse my usb stick, although I need to clean it up now that I can browse into folders directly
Old 24 November 2021, 17:28   #6
lesta_smsc

Quote:
Originally Posted by guybrush View Post
SO I had 0.9 version on it LOL

Although beware of the firmware update process; if you have an old firmware. I had to use the bootloader firmware first; after that the drive was stuck in firmware mode, until I deleted the bootloader update file and replaced it with the actual firmware update.

The github instructions are a bit confusing at least for me; but it works like a charm, now that I know that I need to update the firmware Thanks Indigolemon! Now I can browse my usb stick, although I need to clean it up now that I can browse into folders directly
I'm on that one too! Thanks for the heads up!
Old 24 November 2021, 18:50   #7
guybrush

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesta_smsc View Post
I'm on that one too! Thanks for the heads up!

Glad it helped Luckilly even if you do it wrong it won't mess up the firmware (unless power goes down while flashing)