English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > New to Emulation or Amiga scene > Member Introductions

Old 06 September 2021, 22:11   #1
chrisbeeley

Hello!

Hello everyone! I am super excited to be here. I haven't touched an Amiga for 25 years but recently got into Amiga with FS-UAE and latterly Pistorm.

I'm documenting my journey here https://chrisbeeley.github.io/amiga_blog/

I don't really know what I'm talking about but I know a lot more than I did three months ago so I thought I'd write some of it down.

As it says in the blog, I really want to try some programming, so I will be visiting the programming forums in due course to try and figure it all out
Old 06 September 2021, 23:33   #2
malko
Ex nihilo nihil

Welcome to the forum

If you want to do some programming, you have the choice. Among AMOS that you know, you can give a try to Scorpion Engine as well as the ASM tutorials made by Photon.
Old 07 September 2021, 00:36   #3
chadderack

Just the first two seconds for you

[ Show youtube player ]
Old 07 September 2021, 08:14   #4
chip

Welcome !
Old 07 September 2021, 13:20   #5
fxgogo
Also known as GarethQ

Hey Chris. Welcome. Like the theme of your blog. It is a great idea to log your findings as you go. I wish I did that. There is a lot of info out there but also a lot of misinformation or even just plain out of date info.

Regarding your plan to get back to coding, there is a gamejam on right now, maybe join us in making something. Nothing like a deadline to get you going. I never coded on my Amiga other than some Arexx scripts, so most my entry is going to be pants.
Old 07 September 2021, 21:57   #6
Anubis
Retro Gamer

Welcome!

Good idea with blog!

Just to add to your list, MiSTer FPGA is another (on probably better) option, and FS UAE is Windows + Linux. (and Mac OS iirc)

On Raspberry Pi, RPi400 seems good host for Amiga emulation (as well for other retro emulaiton).

No love for WinFellow?
Old 08 September 2021, 00:32   #7
chrisbeeley

Game jam

Quote:
Originally Posted by fxgogo View Post
Hey Chris. Welcome. Like the theme of your blog. It is a great idea to log your findings as you go. I wish I did that. There is a lot of info out there but also a lot of misinformation or even just plain out of date info.

Regarding your plan to get back to coding, there is a gamejam on right now, maybe join us in making something. Nothing like a deadline to get you going. I never coded on my Amiga other than some Arexx scripts, so most my entry is going to be pants.
Ooh, that sounds exciting! Where are the details please, I can only find old stuff?
Old 08 September 2021, 00:34   #8
chrisbeeley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
Welcome!

Good idea with blog!

Just to add to your list, MiSTer FPGA is another (on probably better) option, and FS UAE is Windows + Linux. (and Mac OS iirc)

On Raspberry Pi, RPi400 seems good host for Amiga emulation (as well for other retro emulaiton).

No love for WinFellow?
Haha, thanks, another good reason to write stuff down! I'm still confused about the basics as you can tell, thank you for more details and I will write a post about hardware soon and try to get it right
Old 08 September 2021, 00:35   #9
chrisbeeley

I meant to say Pimiga, not Pistorm! Still learning!