Old 03 May 2007, 01:23   #1
littleb2005

Winuae Hardfile

how the heck do i get the hardfile to be detected by winuae

system trying to emulate is
A1200 Standard Configuration
kickstart 3.1
200mb Hard File [Know as DH0:]

the problem am having is with the hard file or hardrive as the amiga os would see it

neither is the hardrive showing up in the early boot menu

and hdtoolbox will not detect it either and yes i done Device=uaehf.device in hdtoolbox

Old 03 May 2007, 07:35   #2
thomas

Quote:
Device=uaehf.device
Replace this by SCSI_DEVICE_NAME=uaehf.device

Quote:
Know as DH0:
Where did you enter this name ? If you can give it a name, then HDToolbox won't work.

Either you enable "RDB Mode", then all fields in WinUAE's config are disabled and you can use HDToolbox to partition it, or you don't enable "RDB Mode", then you use WinUAE's config to specify the geometry and on AmigaOS you just format the drive, HDToolbox won't see it.
Old 03 May 2007, 16:26   #3
littleb2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas
Replace this by SCSI_DEVICE_NAME=uaehf.device

done that

Where did you enter this name ? If you can give it a name, then HDToolbox won't work.

i didn't it assign DH0 Once the hardfile was created winuae did

Either you enable "RDB Mode", then all fields in WinUAE's config are disabled and you can use HDToolbox to partition it, or you don't enable "RDB Mode", then you use WinUAE's config to specify the geometry and on AmigaOS you just format the drive, HDToolbox won't see it.
i really can't answer i try everything i could so i just uninstall it a pity it became very hard to create a hardfile real shame

Old 03 May 2007, 20:05   #4
Calgor
(Amigas && Amigos)++

The Green Amiga Alien Guides have instructions on how to setup winuae to use a hard file. This is not enabling RDB mode (no hdtoolbox) out of the two options suggested by thomas.

http://guide.abime.net/
http://guide.abime.net/wb3.1/chap1.htm

It doesn't take long at all.

If u were trying to do it the other way, I haven't tried that in WinUAE, but it sounds similar to a real amiga.