English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Games

Old 25 July 2012, 11:43   #1
PowerPie5000
Miggy Ate My Hamster!

Theme Park CD32 Issues...

Did the CD32 version of Theme Park ever have any talking in the intro? I know most other versions did (A1200, PC, Saturn, PS1). The intro just seems to have bad quality music which is looped

Anyway, my main issue is the fact that i can't see anything after the intro has finsihed... The screen goes blank where the menu should be! And i'm playing this on a real CD32 (trying to anyway ). Has anyone else come across this?
Old 21 August 2012, 21:05   #2
PowerPie5000
Miggy Ate My Hamster!

I've tried it on another TV using a real s-video cable (not s-video to scart) and it works fine... The FMV intro for the CD32 version still doesn't have any speech though
Old 22 August 2012, 16:17   #3
Phantom
Adventurer

The CD32 version of Theme Park suxx in my opinion, as it saves only your money and not your progress (so everytime you have to build everything from scratch), so it's better to stick with the AGA version.
Old 21 September 2018, 01:21   #4
retrogamer
Zone Friend

I can't get the game too work in Winaue either.

Any solution?
Old 21 September 2018, 08:32   #5
Amigajay

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerPie5000 View Post
Did the CD32 version of Theme Park ever have any talking in the intro? I know most other versions did (A1200, PC, Saturn, PS1). The intro just seems to have bad quality music which is looped

Anyway, my main issue is the fact that i can't see anything after the intro has finsihed... The screen goes blank where the menu should be! And i'm playing this on a real CD32 (trying to anyway ). Has anyone else come across this?
No it just had the music over the top, it was cdxl video, so no reason why they couldnt have add voice overs on it, but it was created by Mindscape a year later, so i guess minimal effort, i think the CD32 version has more frames of animation in the intro though.

Should go to the menu after the intro. Is this original game? Also what is CD32 setup any addons?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
The CD32 version of Theme Park suxx in my opinion, as it saves only your money and not your progress (so everytime you have to build everything from scratch), so it's better to stick with the AGA version.
Well you cant stick with AGA version if you just have a CD32! But i remember being annoyed with it, but also found out the Jaguar and a couple of other versions only save the money and stats too.

Last edited by Amigajay; 21 September 2018 at 08:39.
Old 21 September 2018, 10:03   #6
Glen M

I'd hazard a guess that it only saves the money due to a lack of space to save anything on the CD32.

Better to play these types of games in front of the computer rather than the console and to be honest your better playing the DOS version as the Amiga version, no matter which one you run, slows to an absolute crawl once your park gets up in size.
Old 21 September 2018, 13:02   #7
Amigajay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen M View Post
I'd hazard a guess that it only saves the money due to a lack of space to save anything on the CD32.

Better to play these types of games in front of the computer rather than the console and to be honest your better playing the DOS version as the Amiga version, no matter which one you run, slows to an absolute crawl once your park gets up in size.
Yes not enough save space is the reason.

Tbh i would rather play the PS1 version than the DOS version!