English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 13 November 2021, 17:48   #1
Dionysis

load lha files?

I have read and read instructions about opening such files but I cannot understand them. I have used winrar to unpack them. What next? How can I make UAE load them? Please point me to a step by step guide, cause I am still ignorant about UAE (only thing I know how to do is how to load adf files).
Thank you!
Old 14 November 2021, 00:59   #2
AMIGASYSTEM

LHA files are archives like ZIP, which can contain files and folders, but also ADFs, ADFs are Floppy images, called Virtual Floppies.

Actually on WinUAE you don't need to unpack an LHA or a ZIP, just drag them to see them unpacked on the Workbench (Desktop).

If these LHAs or ZIPs contain ADFs you can use them as if they were normal ADFs, WinUAE will automatically unpack them and use the floppy inside.

Now if you specify what you have in the LHA files we can better help you on how to use them.
Old 14 November 2021, 11:44   #3
Tomislav

Also it is good practice to unpack lha, lzx (and maybe some other) files created on Amiga to unpack it on Amiga (real or emulated). That is because Amiga archives can contain filenames which have characters or words which can not be used in other than Amiga filesystems. Same is for ADFs.