English Amiga Board


Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

 
 
Thread Tools
Old 10 September 2021, 19:25   #861
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Hämeenlinna/Finland
Age: 46
Posts: 25,039
Quote:
All Those Years (Demo) by Phenomena

[A500 1.3 ECS 512+512] In ECS the music slowing down when corruptions appears! (in OCS is fine as expected)

(Ps. I reporting it mostly because of the music is slowing down in ECS so not sure does it happens on a real machine.)
A500 confirmed (glitch uses more DMA time than non-glitch display)

Quote:
Anzax First (Demo) by The Lost Boys

[A500 1.3 ECS 512+512] If ECS there are glitches on he left side! (in 4400 it is different)
4.9 is 100% correct.

Quote:
Capone (Import Intro) by Bitstoppers

[A500 1.2/1.3 OCS/ECS 512+512] On the bottom scroller some white points appear! (if CE=disabled seems fine)

(Ps. If CPU=68010 white points does not appear but bottom red stripe glitches?)
Glitches A500 confirmed, A1000 confirmed.


btw, no need to say anything about 68010. It does not help anything.
Toni Wilen is online now  
Old 10 September 2021, 20:37   #862
amilo3438
Amiga 500 User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: EU
Posts: 1,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
btw, no need to say anything about 68010. It does not help anything.
How it does not help? Aren't you at least a little curious does it happen the same on a real machine too?

From the 4400 release note: "68010 emulation is now cycle-accurate. Including loop mode."

Btw. I usually don't report anything with the 68010 because there was nothing to report until now!

Ps. I don't know how difficult is on your real machine to change between the CPU's... If there is possibility to damage the pins on the CPU then it is probably not worth the risk.
amilo3438 is offline  
Old 11 September 2021, 17:47   #863
amilo3438
Amiga 500 User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: EU
Posts: 1,275
Tested on winuae.7z (09.09.2021)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Demodisk 05 - intro (Intro) by ESA

[A500 1.3 OCS 512] After decompression the music in the demo accelerates! (in 4400 it sounds normal)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
amilo3438 is offline  
Old 11 September 2021, 19:24   #864
paraj
Registered User

 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Denmark
Posts: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by amilo3438 View Post
Tested on winuae.7z (09.09.2021)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Demodisk 05 - intro (Intro) by ESA

[A500 1.3 OCS 512] After decompression the music in the demo accelerates! (in 4400 it sounds normal)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did some quick checks using Quick start A500 + Chipset = Cycle-exact (Full) it seems to work OK with 4.4.0 b20 and b21. b22/b30/b31/b32 exhibits issue.



i.e. change between b21 and b22 seems to be cause. P.S. intro seems to do something funky to display during decrunching in all versions.
paraj is offline  
Old 12 September 2021, 08:40   #865
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Hämeenlinna/Finland
Age: 46
Posts: 25,039
Bozebobs fixed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amilo3438 View Post
How it does not help? Aren't you at least a little curious does it happen the same on a real machine too?

From the 4400 release note: "68010 emulation is now cycle-accurate. Including loop mode."

Btw. I usually don't report anything with the 68010 because there was nothing to report until now!

Ps. I don't know how difficult is on your real machine to change between the CPU's... If there is possibility to damage the pins on the CPU then it is probably not worth the risk.
I don't care how something timing critical runs on "unsupported" CPU. Practically no one had an 68010. _If_ someone had made timing critical program that requires 68010, that would make a difference

Yes, socket and CPU pins will get damaged sooner or later. It is not worth the risk. (and I do have some other ways to use 68010..)

Quote:
Originally Posted by amilo3438 View Post
This is seriously bad. and probably dangerous to (some) CRT displays. It pokes "random" values to vertical position register which can result in very strange continuously changing refresh rates.

Speed up cause is same side-effect as in Circle scroller / UFO. Not sure if I bother with this too soon, it is simply far too seriously stupid, and not just normal accidentally stupid.

Hex edit the executable, offset 132 ($84). 00 DF F0 2A -> 00 DF F1 80 (to get usual background color flashes during decompression) or F1 FE (if you want to disable decompression "effect")

EDIT: I only got hang and blank screen when I run this on real A500 (connected to OSSC and LCD TV)

Last edited by Toni Wilen; 12 September 2021 at 08:46.
Toni Wilen is online now  
Old 12 September 2021, 09:34   #866
Foebane
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Cardiff, UK
Age: 49
Posts: 2,871
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
This is seriously bad. and probably dangerous to (some) CRT displays. It pokes "random" values to vertical position register which can result in very strange continuously changing refresh rates.
I had an experience like this with my CRT back in the day with the demo "Boundless Void" by Nemol. It was a plasma effect that looked fine when run from my original A500, but when I ran it on my A1200 years later, the entire screen (vertical and horizontal hold) failed and the screen was rolling as if the TV was broken, but instantly restored to normal when the plasma effect ended and the next effect appeared. My guess is there were some changes to the registers that were poked to achieve the plasma inbetween chipsets.
Foebane is offline  
Old 12 September 2021, 14:53   #867
amilo3438
Amiga 500 User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: EU
Posts: 1,275
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

F7 - Wildfire / Reaktor

[A500 1.3 ECS 512+512] There are after a while (after water balloons) appear glitches (sprite residues) if/when crash to pipe tower!

To faster start the game: After booting go to CLI with Shift+D and type 57g (return)!

Ps. Sorry, seems there is no separate file for this.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
amilo3438 is offline  
Old 16 September 2021, 18:13   #868
Zarnal
Registered User

 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: France
Posts: 348
Quote:
Originally Posted by amilo3438 View Post
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

F7 - Wildfire / Reaktor

[A500 1.3 ECS 512+512] There are after a while (after water balloons) appear glitches (sprite residues) if/when crash to pipe tower!

To faster start the game: After booting go to CLI with Shift+D and type 57g (return)!

Ps. Sorry, seems there is no separate file for this.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All glitches are confirmed on real hardware ( pic 1 and 2, A500 OCS 512+512, tested by Mutt2828/AF forum ).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	hp43wlu96ahsj95blhbnjh8tf457j2rg.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	141.3 KB
ID:	73205   Click image for larger version

Name:	n6zjobobg4nkp4h5mp96j35xx2ns9p71.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	150.2 KB
ID:	73206  

Last edited by Zarnal; 16 September 2021 at 18:38.
Zarnal is offline  
Old 16 September 2021, 19:17   #869
amilo3438
Amiga 500 User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: EU
Posts: 1,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarnal View Post
All glitches are confirmed on real hardware ( pic 1 and 2, A500 OCS 512+512, tested by Mutt2828/AF forum ).
If there was any doubt to the emulation accuracy, this has now been finally confirmed. Thanks for testing!
amilo3438 is offline  
Old 16 September 2021, 22:20   #870
Foebane
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Cardiff, UK
Age: 49
Posts: 2,871
Wonder why so many of these problematic demos are those pre-1990 ones that are so similar to each other, before design and a focus on variety took over? Those coders must've really been copying each others' code when it "hit the metal".
Foebane is offline  
Old 19 September 2021, 18:13   #871
Zarnal
Registered User

 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: France
Posts: 348
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
Phenomena-Dot (aka Phenomena-SpectreParty) should work now without scroller glitches.

All issues ( scroller glitchs and cli returns in A500/kickstart 1.3/OCS ) are back with b34.

@amilo3438

Can you confirm please ?

Last edited by Zarnal; 19 September 2021 at 19:35.
Zarnal is offline  
Old 19 September 2021, 20:10   #872
amilo3438
Amiga 500 User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: EU
Posts: 1,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarnal View Post
All issues ( scroller glitchs and cli returns in A500/kickstart 1.3/OCS ) are back with b34.

@amilo3438

Can you confirm please ?
Yeah, it is back again. (waiting for the second attempt, hope it will be successful)


CEN Demo (Demo) by Rare (or see post #827)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
Scroller glitch (left side and line below scroller having garbage) confirmed. Vector objects are correct on real ECS A500. This needs to be investigated more.
Hopefully in the next version! (ECS A500 - needs to be investigated more)

Last edited by amilo3438; 19 September 2021 at 21:17.
amilo3438 is offline  
Old 23 September 2021, 21:01   #873
Zarnal
Registered User

 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: France
Posts: 348
Quote:
Originally Posted by amilo3438 View Post
Yeah, it is back again. (waiting for the second attempt, hope it will be successful)


CEN Demo (Demo) by Rare (or see post #827)


Hopefully in the next version! (ECS A500 - needs to be investigated more)

@amilo3438


I've tested again and vector issue happens only with ECS Agnus 512+512. A500/Kickstart 1.3/ ECS Agnus 1Mb is ok.
Zarnal is offline  
Old 24 September 2021, 14:19   #874
amilo3438
Amiga 500 User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: EU
Posts: 1,275
CEN Demo (Demo) by Rare

Have tested it again on WinUAE 4.9.0 b34:

QS A500 1.3 OCS 512 = vector object seems fine
QS A500 1.3 ECS 512 = whole screen glitches when vector object appears
QS A500 1.3 ECS 512+512 = only vector object glitches
QS A500 1.3 ECS 1MB = vector object seems fine

(Note: QS = Quickstart configuration!)

Not sure what real config Toni used for confirmation in ECS!?

(JFI - Same happens also in last official WinUAE 4.4.0!)

Last edited by amilo3438; 24 September 2021 at 14:26.
amilo3438 is offline  
Old 01 October 2021, 16:11   #875
amilo3438
Amiga 500 User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: EU
Posts: 1,275
(Ps. Tested in WinUAE 4900b35)


Mystic Places BBS (Demo) by Dual Crew

QS A500 1.3 ECS 512 + 512 = crashes somewhere in the demo! (Note: If KS=3.1 it doesn't crash!)
QS A500 1.3 ECS 1Mb = doesn't crash

Does it crashes on a real A500 1.3 ECS 512 + 512 ?


Full Power (Demo) by Paranoid

QS A500 1.3 ECS 1Mb --> Press the LMB on the "greetings screen with bird" and in the next scene vector objects glitches or sometimes all crashes!

(Note: Press LMB on each screen to move forward faster!)

Last edited by amilo3438; 01 October 2021 at 17:46.
amilo3438 is offline  
Old 01 October 2021, 21:36   #876
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Hämeenlinna/Finland
Age: 46
Posts: 25,039
Quote:
Originally Posted by amilo3438 View Post
Mystic Places BBS (Demo) by Dual Crew

QS A500 1.3 ECS 512 + 512 = crashes somewhere in the demo! (Note: If KS=3.1 it doesn't crash!)
QS A500 1.3 ECS 1Mb = doesn't crash

Does it crashes on a real A500 1.3 ECS 512 + 512 ?
It does crash, in exact same position. Blitter write corrupts memory. Probably works accidentally (corruption misses important code) in other configs.

Quote:
Full Power (Demo) by Paranoid

QS A500 1.3 ECS 1Mb --> Press the LMB on the "greetings screen with bird" and in the next scene vector objects glitches or sometimes all crashes!

(Note: Press LMB on each screen to move forward faster!)
A500 confirmed. Tried 3 times, it crashed once identically.
Toni Wilen is online now  
Old 04 October 2021, 18:51   #877
Zarnal
Registered User

 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: France
Posts: 348
Quote:
Originally Posted by amilo3438 View Post
Have tested it again on WinUAE 4.9.0 b34:

QS A500 1.3 OCS 512 = vector object seems fine
QS A500 1.3 ECS 512 = whole screen glitches when vector object appears
QS A500 1.3 ECS 512+512 = only vector object glitches
QS A500 1.3 ECS 1MB = vector object seems fine

(Note: QS = Quickstart configuration!)

Not sure what real config Toni used for confirmation in ECS!?

(JFI - Same happens also in last official WinUAE 4.4.0!)

@Amilo3438


Not confirmed on A500 ECS 512+512 ( tested by Mutt2828 AF forum ). Ship is ok ( pics 1,2,3,4 ).

Edit : oops, she has been tested already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
Scroller glitch (left side and line below scroller having garbage) confirmed. Vector objects are correct on real ECS A500. This needs to be investigated more.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	kbbclf63pdto76ubr5hh8vz5y4hehm39.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	216.0 KB
ID:	73382   Click image for larger version

Name:	0gmx0lrf1c7bkmrel1tf3u7kmemje6l1.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	176.6 KB
ID:	73383   Click image for larger version

Name:	ig49qpmfowub2x2fx7h363mxkzc6bsr1.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	128.9 KB
ID:	73384   Click image for larger version

Name:	mnekrfsbju7b7y2ah95f23ezl1jtxba3.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	131.3 KB
ID:	73385  

Last edited by Zarnal; 04 October 2021 at 20:09.
Zarnal is offline  
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Problematic GVP A530 Turbo Mogsy support.Hardware 22 13 November 2012 19:12
Problematic thread? prowler project.EAB 5 28 October 2011 00:06
Problematic Holiday Lemmings 94 demo disk MethodGit support.Games 19 08 November 2010 03:56
Problematic slaves list keropi project.Killergorilla's WHD packs 44 28 November 2008 12:46
Looking for two demos... eternalcrusader request.Demos 3 01 August 2006 08:57

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 10:34.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Page generated in 0.13923 seconds with 16 queries