English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware > Hardware mods

Old 15 February 2016, 18:22   #221
McTrinsic

Via eMail or via amigaworld.de...

Sorry can't remember which way. But one of the two.

Cheers,
McT
Old 24 November 2016, 12:53   #222
Overflow

Quote:
Originally Posted by McTrinsic View Post
Via eMail or via amigaworld.de...

Sorry can't remember which way. But one of the two.

Cheers,
McT
I got contact with him at end of June. Paid for the clockport, but havent seen him ever since. No expander sent as of yet.
Last activity on amigaworld.de is in august. He hasnt read Amigaworld.net since June.
So while the 28 euros Ive sent him wont ruin my bankaccount, its mildly annoying. Tbh I had actually forgotten about it, until the Prisma Card was released.
Old 24 November 2016, 13:36   #223
Daedalus

Hmmm... Surely someone else could step in and design a replacement? I'd do it myself only I'm so busy with so many other things going on. Anyone else got any PCB experience? I can supply schematics...
Old 24 November 2016, 13:49   #224
Overflow

Im not in a real hurry anymore tbh.

My V600 doesnt have a Rapidroad USB, so the 604n board got a free clockport for the Prisma card if need be.
I have considered getting the USB for my A600 too tho, since swapping between my Internet card and CF adapter is bound to break something eventually.

Setting up google drive should negate those issues tho.
Old 25 November 2016, 00:38   #225
Stedy

@Daedalus,

Didn't you give me some schematics years ago similar to the attached?

It's un-tested but complete. I did email the design to a someone who was going to make some PCBs many years ago.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Clockport_expander.png
Views:	270
Size:	40.6 KB
ID:	51012   Click image for larger version

Name:	Clockport_expander_PCB.png
Views:	333
Size:	40.0 KB
ID:	51013  
Old 25 November 2016, 11:33   #226
Daedalus

Hehe, yep, I believe I did! Though those schematics are quite a bit more comprehensive than my old ones. Was just looking into quotes for getting some PCBs made there as it happens... Just a quick one but there are a few hobby places in the UK who do small runs (20) for around £5-6 per board, though you probably have some preferred PCB manufacturers yourself Stedy

During my searching, I came across this thread which seems to imply DJBase is still interested in taking orders but via Facebook. Seems very strange he doesn't check *any* of the forums if he's still interested in selling them... Might be worth trying to contact him there Overflow, see if he responds.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	clockport.gif
Views:	250
Size:	20.0 KB
ID:	51019  
Old 16 December 2016, 12:23   #227
DJBase
Amiga is my Religion

Its just a matter of spare time to read all forums so I can't follow everywhere.
Old 16 December 2016, 14:31   #228
Daedalus

Ah, good to know you're still around Yeah, I can appreciate not having much time, but then perhaps you should provide details for one place where you can be easily reached, be it here, Amibay or wherever. It seems a lot of people would still be interested in buying a splitter but are put off by the difficulty in contacting you.
Old 16 December 2016, 15:14   #229
DJBase
Amiga is my Religion

Yeah I need better Solution. At least they are still available and a new revision is coming in January.
Old 18 December 2016, 18:09   #230
Overflow

DJBase:

Good to see you are still alive

I did pay/transfer funds to you via paypal (refrence our private message exchange on Amigaworld.net).
But if you are making a new revision in January, then I would like to wait for that one, if possible.
In case you have emailed me regarding this transaction, I do apologize IF ive missed it.
Old 09 January 2017, 17:15   #231
chocsplease

Hi,

I've just discovered this thread and am also interested in a clockport expander. However to save me reading through 12 pages of posts would someone be able to give a very quick resume? (incidentally how do you put a slanty thing over the e here???)

From DJBase's last post I see a new version is coming (great) but does anyone know the best way to pay, costs to ship UK, best way to contact DJBase - I'm not on facebook.

Thanks in hope.
Old 09 January 2017, 17:52   #232
Daedalus

Summary is that DJBase makes and sells these adaptors, and has done for years with many happy customers. He has several places where he can be contacted, but many of them he isn't around much so questions tend to go unanswered and orders untaken for months.

His website and blog can be found at http://www.amigaworld.de/ (German). It also includes a contact form so maybe that's the way to contact him more reliably if Facebook isn't a runner. But DJBase himself hasn't offered an official point of contact as far as I can tell.

As for the slanty thing, it's an accent aigu for French words anyway, and the keyboard shortcut depends on your OS. Under Amiga OS, it's Alt-F, followed by the character to put the accent over (e). I can't remember the Mac one but it's similar to the Amiga I think. Linux and Windows are a mess; Office uses Ctrl-' followed by the letter required, but helpfully, Windows itself doesn't have that, so you have to use the Unicode entry: hold down Alt, type the ASCII or Unicode value required on the numpad, release Alt). In this case it's 130 you're looking for, or 144 for a capital...

Or just copy & paste it from somewhere