English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 03 May 2019, 08:51   #21
AMIGASYSTEM

Quote:
Originally Posted by movec View Post
Indeed! Thanks for the links! The cat is then probably a local from Brindisi or Ostuni

In the video there is also a village in the province of Lecce "Santa Maria di Leuca".

Last edited by AMIGASYSTEM; 08 May 2019 at 21:18.
Old 03 May 2019, 18:24   #22
Seiya

can i use this agablaster inside CD32 application to use this to have better quality than original player?
i tried, but cd32 games don't start more.
in some CD i found "PlayVideo". I tried to use AGABlaster or rename it as PlayVideo, but don't work.

or i have to convert all original file at 12/24 bit?

Last edited by Seiya; 03 May 2019 at 20:36.
Old 03 May 2019, 20:44   #23
Seiya

Quote:
but if there is interest I can release this too at some point, but for now I want to make sure that the player works on some Amigas
i'm interested in this tools if i can convert original CDXL in ones compatibile with AGABlaster

edit:
well, i made some test. i think that i wanted to do is very hard work to do. So nevermind.

Last edited by Seiya; 03 May 2019 at 21:34.
Old 03 May 2019, 21:09   #24
AMIGASYSTEM

Quote:
. The video displays correctly within its height, but you will see garbage beyond its height.
Try: agablaster 1.cdxl FR=22050 FORCE
The introductory video of the game CD32 Zool "introham.xl" does not start, I used the parameter "FR=22050 FORCE"

Last edited by AMIGASYSTEM; 08 May 2019 at 21:18.
Old 04 May 2019, 05:46   #25
movec

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIGASYSTEM View Post
The introductory video of the game CD32 Zool "introham.xl" does not start, I used the parameter "FR=22050 FORCE"

From the error message and the options you use it's simply because the X dimension is not a multiple of 320. There might be some more details to address, is this file available somewhere for testing?

Do you know the options that are used for running it?
Old 04 May 2019, 08:31   #26
thairacerjp

Quote:
Video CDXL Akira1 also works well with the V.A.M.P. Player, only the audio is very fast

@ movec
Your videos don't work on V.A.M.P.
Hi , i tried Vamp but it took ages for install plugins , after he asked me again for "cybergraphics.library" that i put in Libs but still same error
Old 04 May 2019, 08:54   #27
AMIGASYSTEM

Quote:
From the error message and the options you use it's simply because the X dimension is not a multiple of 320. There might be some more details to address, is this file available somewhere for testing?
I have the original CD PAL, on the server of EAB find the ISO NTSC

http://grandis.nu:81/eabsearch/searc...xclude=&limit=

This is my video file:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=19j...6TnwCbi_XeIOUM
Old 04 May 2019, 09:15   #28
AMIGASYSTEM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thairacerjp View Post
Hi , i tried Vamp but it took ages for install plugins , after he asked me again for "cybergraphics.library" that i put in Libs but still same error
V.A.M.P. Requires an RTG system

Last edited by AMIGASYSTEM; 18 May 2019 at 18:07.
Old 04 May 2019, 17:31   #29
thairacerjp

Yes , i've just had the answer in a french forum, thanks for notice me !
Old 13 May 2019, 07:50   #30
movec

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyWilkins View Post
Ok, this could very well be user error here, but I just tried AGABlaster with a different CDXL file, [AmigaAnimeCD][cdxl]akira1.zip (not sure if I can link to it here, but that's easily found if need be), and it failed attempting to play the CDXL file on that ISO:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/VquRramYw3m3nARE7

I checked to see if the file played with the player included on the ISO image, and that played without issue under Amikit X. I'm not sure if this will be of any help or not, but I hope so.
Thanks for checking this out. I just uploaded an update. With this new version 0.9.64 the Amiga Anime CD Project videos work now out of the box. These are standard CDXL HAM6 videos with 24000 Hz audio. Use option FR=24000 to get a correct display timing.
Old 13 May 2019, 07:57   #31
movec

Quote:
I have the original CD PAL, on the server of EAB find the ISO NTSC

http://grandis.nu:81/eabsearch/searc...xclude=&limit=

This is my video file:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=19j...6TnwCbi_XeIOUM
Thanks for the links. I have this working now in my dev branch, assuming the little guy is indeed green - but it requires some more tweaks to make it more general, this will be addressed in the next update.
Old 13 May 2019, 18:33   #32
BSzili
old chunk of coal

Quote:
Regarding the conversion: yes, I use ffmpeg for extracting PNGs. The rest I do with my own tools - written in C++ & some bash scripts and run on Linux - with some experimental dead-ends and needs some clean up, but if there is interest I can release this too at some point, but for now I want to make sure that the player works on some Amigas
I'd be most interested in your tools. Most of the tutorials out there involve using WinUAE and/or outdated programs, and I never got very far with them. The quality of the HAM conversion can make a big difference too, and your sample videos look neat
Old 19 May 2019, 21:12   #33
thairacerjp

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSzili View Post
I'd be most interested in your tools. Most of the tutorials out there involve using WinUAE and/or outdated programs, and I never got very far with them. The quality of the HAM conversion can make a big difference too, and your sample videos look neat
+1 , i have made many conversions before (ham6/8/CDXL), with the help of zoviax (from the website amigaanimecd), my results were dissappointed, picture had many glitches and no sound syncro, i spents so many times and stop because result, and i saw yours vidéos since 2 years ago... i have used this long tutorial from zoviax, i hope one days we could have something
from you for testing cause it would be so great to see this on CD32 who have the extensions cards and on other Amiga.

tutorial from amiga animecd :https://drive.google.com/file/d/1K_z...ew?usp=sharing
Old 20 May 2019, 13:28   #34
movec

Quote:
Originally Posted by thairacerjp View Post
+1 , i have made many conversions before (ham6/8/CDXL), with the help of zoviax (from the website amigaanimecd), my results were dissappointed, picture had many glitches and no sound syncro, i spents so many times and stop because result, and i saw yours vidéos since 2 years ago... i have used this long tutorial from zoviax, i hope one days we could have something
from you for testing cause it would be so great to see this on CD32 who have the extensions cards and on other Amiga.

tutorial from amiga animecd :https://drive.google.com/file/d/1K_z...ew?usp=sharing
Ah ok, thanks for you interest, yes that's my plan. Currently it goes through several conversion steps, but I am looking into simplifying what I have such that only 2 steps are required:
1) Extract frames from the original video with ffmpeg
2) Encode the extracted frames with agaconv (my cdxl encoder) to the custom 24bit col cdxl.

Right now I have a bunch of programs between steps 1 and 2, and I think this can all be done with ffmpeg (and gives more options to play with). This would simplify the conversion, and would make the tutorial really short, actually only 2 lines
Old 20 May 2019, 13:35   #35
AMIGASYSTEM

Hello movec, if you can use it, on PC there is a free application that converts with a simple click file videos .xl to any video format.

Last edited by AMIGASYSTEM; 20 May 2019 at 13:41.
Old 20 May 2019, 19:41   #36
thairacerjp

HI movec, yes it's the deal to make easy friendly conversion , Dynamic_Computi from this forum (nice podcaster ! who have made conversions to )http://www.10marc.com
he helped me to made more simply conversion for HAM6/HAM8, the result is average, but just in 2 step :
Quote:
The FFMPEG method I use is so much faster than the vdub, cool edit pro method. It is literally one single command line to extract the AVI file and WAV file, and the entire thing takes about two minutes for a 10 minutes video. You do need the FFMPEG program, and it is command line based for Windows or Linux (It also works for 68K Amigas but you need a ton of RAM and it is SLOW! A ten minute file conversion takes about 6 hours instead of two minutes)

Here is the syntax for the command.

ffmpeg -i V:\originalvideo.mp4 -map 0:a -ar 11025 -sample_fmt u8 -ac 1 -acodec pcm_u8 V:\OriginalVideo.wav -map 0:v -r 15 -s 320x216 -vcodec rawvideo -pix_fmt rgb555le -vf "vflip" V:\OriginalVideo.avi

In a nutshell, FFMPEG extracts 8 bit, mono at 11025 Hz and saves it as a .WAV file. Then it extracts a 15 FPS 320x216 resolution AVI file a 15 Bits per Pixel, and flips it upside-down. It saves this as the .AVI file. Don't worry about the fact it is flipped - for some reason it needs to be and rights itself when you run AVI4HV.

These file sizes are smaller, and the entire process is so fast. FFMPEG can be downloaded free from www.ffmpeg.org

This is such a powerful program. It also can convert an MP4 to an MPEG1 file in moments.

Yes. HAMPNEW.RUN is a much improved version. If only we had a slider to fast forward the videos during playback!
FFMPEG is such a great tool !

i have posted one video of my tests here (CD32 8M WITH TF 328 WITH CF CARD) :
[ Show youtube player ]
but CDXL you done are just stunning
Old 21 May 2019, 12:02   #37
drluking

when I run agablaster_0_9_64 or agablaster_0_9_63 or agablaster_0_9_62 from shell (even the only command) I have: "not enough memory available"

why ?

using a cyberstomppc/060 with 128Mb + 16Mb (IDE hd and UWSCSI hd), cybervisionppc CGX4, OS3.9BB4

thanks
Old 21 May 2019, 12:09   #38
DamienD
Banned

Just a guess, but maybe it requires a lot of free Chip RAM? So what do you have free?
Old 21 May 2019, 13:04   #39
drluking

It's impossibile because I have 2047kb of free chip ram (I'm using OS3.9BB4 in 1024x768 16bit via cybervisionppc CGX4)

I have also tried to change in AGA PAL 640x256 2bit but I see always "not enough memory available" if i run the simple command "agablaster" from shell
Old 21 May 2019, 13:54   #40
drluking

solved (problem in the transfer file, from PC to Amiga ... ); please upload in google drive .lha/.lzx/.zip file, not the .exe file !

great software !!!

some stats:
Lores 17fps from IDE pio0 cybppc060@50 A4k PFS3AIO
Lores 24fps from UWSCSI cybppc060@50 A4k PFS3AIO
Hires 22fps from UWSCSI cybppc060@50 A4k PFS3AIO
Hires 24fps from RAM cybppc060@50 A4k PFS3AIO

possible to download the full Hires 16:9 video ?