English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Misc > MarketPlace

Old 08 May 2021, 16:58   #1
solarmon

Custom RGBtoHDMI boards for sale

I have the following custom RGBtoHDMI boards for sale from the UK.

Payments via PayPal. Postage costs to be confirmed.

3 x RGBtoHDMI v2++ Rev 2 - £20 each, plus postage:

2 x RGBtoHDMI with Pi relocation (SOIC) - £20 each, plus postage:

2 x RGBtoHDMI with Pi relocation (TSSOP) - £20 each, plus postage:

You will need to source your own Raspberry Pi Zero from an official Raspberry Pi store, and suitable HDMI cabling, and momentary switch (for the RGBtoHDMI OSD menu). Ask me if you need more details or clarifiction.

These custom boards have FlashFloppy OSD integration which allows you to have FlashFloppy OSD on both RGB and HDMI outputs. There is a FlashFloppy Blue Pill adapter board that has been designed to be connected directly to these boards - ask me for more details if interested.

There is also an optional jumper add a 47pF cap to the PiCLK signal (this is sometimes required to reduce any pixel sparkles issues).

All have been tested on a A500 rev 5 OCS Denise, but should be compatible with an ECS Denise, selectable via a jumper. There were no pixel sparkles detected during testing.

The SOIC (larger) and TSSOP (smaller) designs are the same, just different chip size packages. There is no difference for the end user.

These RGBtoHDMI custom board design files can be found at my Github repo, if you want to build your own.:
https://github.com/solarmon/RGBtoHDMI

Last edited by solarmon; 08 May 2021 at 17:08.
Old 22 May 2021, 11:41   #2
ChadsArcade

I'm interested in an RGB to HDMI solution for my CDTV, the replicator boards look good but I'm not sure about clearance, and height in particular. I think the pi would need to be soldered directly to the board to minimise the height.

I'll have a measure up and drop you a PM, worst case I could fit it to my Rev5 A500 as my current standard build one fouls my ROM switcher.
Old 22 May 2021, 12:45   #3
solarmon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadsArcade View Post
I'm interested in an RGB to HDMI solution for my CDTV, the replicator boards look good but I'm not sure about clearance, and height in particular. I think the pi would need to be soldered directly to the board to minimise the height.

I'll have a measure up and drop you a PM, worst case I could fit it to my Rev5 A500 as my current standard build one fouls my ROM switcher.
I do have a FFC flex cable based solution - that has a separate breakout and main board, but you would need to mount the main board somewhere.
Old 25 May 2021, 14:28   #4
ChadsArcade

Now that sounds promising, do you have any pics? There are spaces where such a board would fit. Ideally the HDMI would break out at the expansion port but I guess we need to keep the flex cable short, so rather than mount the RGBtoHDMI board in that space under the main PCB we'd run an HDMI socket to that area and keep the RGBtoHDMI board close to Denise.
Old 05 June 2021, 13:59   #5
solarmon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadsArcade View Post
Now that sounds promising, do you have any pics? There are spaces where such a board would fit. Ideally the HDMI would break out at the expansion port but I guess we need to keep the flex cable short, so rather than mount the RGBtoHDMI board in that space under the main PCB we'd run an HDMI socket to that area and keep the RGBtoHDMI board close to Denise.
Hi, sorry I didn't get notification of this message.

I've actually just recently uploaded the design files to my Github page:

https://github.com/solarmon/RGBtoHDMI

You can find some example rendered images on there.

There are already some 3D printed mount designs available - I'm hoping that my design will be able to make use of these, but I have not tested them.