English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 13 August 2004, 15:35   #1
synchro
Sending You Back In Time

Best i can come up with as an idea !!!

Ok this is just an idea of what i need for a workbench background.....Cant someone expand on this type of thing....There must be an artist here somewhere !!!

Last edited by synchro; 13 August 2004 at 15:42.
Old 13 August 2004, 17:21   #2
StarEye
Zone Friend

that looks nice, but maybe the light-blue on the left is a bit wide? Make it more narrow so that it looks specifally designed for the drive-icons, just like the bottom looks designed for the apps-icons.

Other than that, very nice and tidy.
Old 13 August 2004, 18:31   #3
Hillsy_

I think it looks good, but I'm not sure about the black text at the bottom on the blue background, difficult to read it. Blue and Yellow are good colours to use together. Expanding the picture might be a good idea, I agree. Maybe you could use the XBOX machine picture to do something? Just an idea.

- Hillsy.

PS: Well done though!!
Old 13 August 2004, 19:00   #4
Bloodwych

The text can be made white easily by using the "tools->scalos->palette" options menu top left of the workbench.

The real issue is finding a skilful artist to put together a new look wallpaper exclusively for the DVD. Obviously this mock-up is using Bursegs old wallpaper as a template. I think Synchro only means for this to be an example of a possible idea and wants someone to come forward to produce a refined version.

*chants "burseg burseg burseg"*

Come on, you know you're the wallpaper king!

This can only be for the PC side of the DVD as it's running P96, so the Xbox image shouldn't be the main theme. I like the idea presented - Alien breed being the main focus with the Xbox somewhere in the background.
Old 14 August 2004, 02:39   #5
synchro
Sending You Back In Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodoichi
Expand what? The idea of making wallpapers with an XBox on it? Expand the picture so it fills the whole screen?
The others have got the right idea......Expand on the theme
Tributey...Amiga-ish Xboxy is the best description i can think of.

Bloodwych !!
I made this one 100% but your right it is a mock up and i copied Burseg's style because i thought his stuff looked cool but i didnt really want a cartooney superfrog amiga look ( Not that Burseg's wallpapers looks like that dont get me wrong ) i wanted a rugged dark classey type of thing so i made this to give an idea of what was in my head
I did ask Burseg to make some but hes to busy im afraid so it may be down to whatever i can come up with

StarEye!!
Your not supposed to like it its a mockup J/K
But i have to admit it looks better than i thought and with the adjustments you suggested i could still include it as an optional wallpaper so thanks

Hillsy !!!
Good idea !!! I will look at a few xbox pics and see what happens

If anyone does have a go then the only thing i would really like is a place for the icons....In other words like the pic above slightly partitioned so they have somewhere to go. Like StarEye suggested.

Last edited by synchro; 14 August 2004 at 03:42.
Old 14 August 2004, 03:33   #6
Hillsy_

Another idea, I'm not sure about this, but didn't the Amiga have a logo, like slogan? Do you remember the three coloured lines on the actual machine...maybe the commodore logo?? You could put this where is says 'AMIGA' I think the three coloured lines formed a tick. Oh....I can't remember. The tick could starts from the left of the AMIGA word and go above it. Just an idea..I was thinking like...authentically. Make the Amiga feel proud!! and deservedly so!! Maybe the slogan/AMIGA word could also do something too.

- Hillsy.

PS: Thanks Synchro!!
Old 14 August 2004, 03:44   #7
synchro
Sending You Back In Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillsy_
Another idea, I'm not sure about this, but didn't the Amiga have a logo, like slogan? Do you remember the three coloured lines on the actual machine...maybe the commodore logo?? You could put this where is says 'AMIGA' I think the three coloured lines formed a tick. Oh....I can't remember. The tick could starts from the left of the AMIGA word and go above it. Just an idea..I was thinking like...authentically. Make the Amiga feel proud!! and deservedly so!! Maybe the slogan/AMIGA word could also do something too.

- Hillsy.

PS: Thanks Synchro!!
Yep i know the logo you mean.
That would look pretty cool if i could make a gold one
Old 14 August 2004, 07:20   #8
oldpx

Make way I'm a doctor!
My first impression on this thread was similar to kodoichi's but I know you want an "x-boxy" theme. I can't visualize that however, ok a green wallpaper with an x-ish symbol and some amiga feeling here and there, doesn't it sound like a desecration Maybe it's not the perfect idea to use visuals that credit xbox hmm? And it's the first time I realize you want a dark theme, now what to do with that? If I do this paper I'll be an annoying ass and probably we won't allow each other to make what we have in mind.

Old 14 August 2004, 12:41   #9
synchro
Sending You Back In Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burseg
Make way I'm a doctor!
My first impression on this thread was similar to kodoichi's but I know you want an "x-boxy" theme. I can't visualize that however, ok a green wallpaper with an x-ish symbol and some amiga feeling here and there, doesn't it sound like a desecration Maybe it's not the perfect idea to use visuals that credit xbox hmm? And it's the first time I realize you want a dark theme, now what to do with that? If I do this paper I'll be an annoying ass and probably we won't allow each other to make what we have in mind.
LOL!!!
you cant visualise an xboxy amiga-ish wallpaper yet bloodwych INSTANTLY recognised your style i borrowed
In other words i could have got away with saying you made it for me
GO ON....GO ON....Give it a go.....I know you really want to.

Last edited by synchro; 14 August 2004 at 13:54.