English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Other

Old 10 January 2021, 06:31   #1
CryptidWorks

Drive Partition Not Showing Up in WB 3.9

I'm using WinUAE just for disclosure.

I have three drive partitions that were formatted with the Workbench 3.1 Installer tools and showed up fine there.

Upon installing WB 3.9 the main Amiga_OS partition and a Storage_2 show up fine and it's fully operational but Storage_1 is completely MIA and invisible to the OS.

All of them are on the same HDD image which makes it even weirder
Old 10 January 2021, 08:59   #2
thomas

Most likely you made a mistake in 3.1 which did not show up because of its limitations and the behaviour in 3.9 is correct.

Run this and attach the report here: http://thomas-rapp.homepage.t-online.../hddreport.lha
Old 10 January 2021, 09:09   #3
CryptidWorks

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas View Post
Most likely you made a mistake in 3.1 which did not show up because of its limitations and the behaviour in 3.9 is correct.

Run this and attach the report here: http://thomas-rapp.homepage.t-online.../hddreport.lha
How do I get that into the VM when it's not on a disk image and then get the resulting report back off into my host OS?

I have a lot of drives on this machine that range from 250GB to 1TB so trying to mount them directly at start-up would likely just confuse the Amiga OS into breaking.

Edit: Nevermind, I found the mount specific directory as drive option and added the Amiga folder from my emulation drive

Last edited by CryptidWorks; 10 January 2021 at 09:16.
Old 10 January 2021, 09:22   #4
CryptidWorks

Quote:

Okay, here's the file moved right from where it was generated on the RAM disk to my host via the connected folder
Attached Files
File Type: txt hddreport.txt (14.5 KB, 67 views)
Old 10 January 2021, 10:40   #5
thomas

You shouldn't use duplicate names. Your Storage_2 partition is not mounted because your Storage_1 partition has the name Storage_2 already taken as a volume name.
(Why did you format Storage_1 as Storage_2? Did you mix them up?)

Use device names (DH0, DH1 etc.) for devices and volume names (Workbench, Work etc.) for volumes.

And where did you get that Kickstart 40.69 from? It's not an official one. You should only use ROMs which are recognized by WinUAE. Everything else might cause trouble.
Old 10 January 2021, 11:12   #6
CryptidWorks

Quote:
You shouldn't use duplicate names. Your Storage_2 partition is not mounted because your Storage_1 partition has the name Storage_2 already taken as a volume name.
(Why did you format Storage_1 as Storage_2? Did you mix them up?)

Use device names (DH0, DH1 etc.) for devices and volume names (Workbench, Work etc.) for volumes.

And where did you get that Kickstart 40.69 from? It's not an official one. You should only use ROMs which are recognized by WinUAE. Everything else might cause trouble.

That would explain everything and managing to type the wrong name sounds like something I'd do.

I got the kickstart from Googling, I'll have to replace it because it's showing up as a A1200 rom come to think of it so it may be causing some of my issues.

And it was part of it, with a rom WinUAE recognizes as a proper A4000 compatible kickstart the system is actually detecting my UAE Zorro III and giving me modes for it

Last edited by CryptidWorks; 10 January 2021 at 11:30.