English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Apps

Old 08 January 2021, 01:45   #1
npagonis73

Messed up dopus config screen

I am running amikit real 9 on WinUAE on RTG mode and all is perfect I must say except one thing. I am running dopus 4.16 in that setup and when I click the configure button, the config screen appears half in the screen and half outside the screen and that makes it impossible to configure it. I attach screenshots as well from the normal dopus screen where all is fine and the config screen where the problem appears.

Any ideas?
Old 08 January 2021, 11:34   #2
daxb

Same problem with 4.17? As far as I know the config window is opened on an own screen that may need to configured first.
Old 08 January 2021, 11:58   #3
npagonis73

4.17 seems ok but it doesn't run lhacontrol which i want to use. Maybe I will try the different versions of 4.17 which might be ok with lhacontrol. 4.17.21 is not.
Old 08 January 2021, 12:16   #4
daxb

What is lhacontrol?
Old 08 January 2021, 12:21   #5
npagonis73

It is just a tool that helps you treat lha archives as dirs without extracting them first and also you can extract only the files you need from within the archive. It is very handy but it doesn't run on 4.17.21
Old 08 January 2021, 12:30   #6
BippyM
Global Moderator

Try using the newer config with the older dopus
Old 08 January 2021, 13:15   #7
mrv2k

Try setting the screen mode to Workbench:Use. This will open DOpus on your Workbench screen and the config menu in a window. You might need to play with WinUAE's scaling if the option doesn't appear and then set it back when you are done..
Old 08 January 2021, 13:17   #8
npagonis73

Quote:
Originally Posted by BippyM View Post
Try using the newer config with the older dopus

Tried that with all sort of combinations but it didn’t work.
Old 08 January 2021, 17:01   #9
npagonis73

Couldn’t make dopus 4.16 config screen to work well with rtg on winuae. Tried different combinations of dopus modules and libs and dopus versions but no. Ended up using 4.17.21 which works fine but without the tool I wanted to use. No big deal, everything else works fine.

Anyway thanks for the help.
Old 09 January 2021, 11:47   #10
daxb

Maybe you can find an alternative. A quick Aminet search found this: http://aminet.net/package/util/dopus/LhADir112
Old 09 January 2021, 13:03   #11
npagonis73

Yes correct. That is what I use now. Great tool as well. Thanks for sharing that with me.
Old 09 January 2021, 16:14   #12
Korodny
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by npagonis73 View Post
It is just a tool that helps you treat lha archives as dirs without extracting them first and also you can extract only the files you need from within the archive.
DOpus can do that natively: provided the XADmaster system is installed, DOpus can enter archives as if it were directories and copy single files from the archive to the destination directory. You need to make sure no double-click action is installed for any archive filetypes you want to use like that, of course.

As for your screenmode problem: Try removing the config file - should be in <PROGDIR>:s/ - and running DOpus. IIRC, the internal default configuration is using the Workbench screen instead of its own screen? You could then start configuring from scratch or load the old config file vie ConfigOpus' menus.
Old 09 January 2021, 16:59   #13
AMIGASYSTEM

Quote:
4.17 seems ok but it doesn't run lhacontrol which i want to use. Maybe I will try the different versions of 4.17 which might be ok with lhacontrol. 4.17.21 is not.
To use Dopus4 at its best on RTG screens you have to set the video resolution like this, see screenshot.

Regarding Archives, LHA, LZX, ZIP etc... if you want Dopus4 to unzip them automatically as a Folder, you have to install XAD / XFD on your system.

Last edited by AMIGASYSTEM; 19 January 2021 at 17:05.
Old 09 January 2021, 18:03   #14
npagonis73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korodny View Post
DOpus can do that natively: provided the XADmaster system is installed, DOpus can enter archives as if it were directories and copy single files from the archive to the destination directory. You need to make sure no double-click action is installed for any archive filetypes you want to use like that, of course.

As for your screenmode problem: Try removing the config file - should be in <PROGDIR>:s/ - and running DOpus. IIRC, the internal default configuration is using the Workbench screen instead of its own screen? You could then start configuring from scratch or load the old config file vie ConfigOpus' menus.
Thanks korodny for the hint about dopus and xad. I do have xad installed and I use it through dopus (xadunfile, xadundisk etc) but I didn't know about the feature you told me. I removed double click filetype in lha, lzx and zip formats and now it behaves as I wanted in lhacontrol. That is perfect .
Old 09 January 2021, 18:09   #15
npagonis73

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIGASYSTEM View Post
To use Dopus4 at its best on RTG screens you have to set the video resolution like this, see screenshot.

Regarding Archives, LHA, LZX, ZIP etc... if you want Dopus4 to unzip them automatically as a Folder, you have to install XAD / XFD on your system.
Thanks amiga system as well about the xad integration with dopus. It really works amazing. Regarding the screen resolution, I didn't mean the dopus main screen which works fine in any rtg resolution but I meant the config screen which is now fixed by smg i did which I dont know exactly what it was.
Old 09 January 2021, 18:12   #16
npagonis73

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIGASYSTEM View Post

Oh yes I know what I did about the config screen. I stopped using 4.16 version and use 4.17.21 . In 4.16 couldn't make it work and I could only see half config screen.
Old 26 March 2023, 22:29   #17
desiv

Quote:
Oh yes I know what I did about the config screen. I stopped using 4.16 version and use 4.17.21 . In 4.16 couldn't make it work and I could only see half config screen.
Funny, I hadn't tried to configure my DOpus in a while, but I just noticed this on my 3.2.2 install. ConfigOpus always opens on it's own screen (even if I manage to get DirOpus to run on the WB screen) and I can't see the lower half of ConfigOpus.
Now, it is all there! If I move my mouse below the visible screen, I can click buttons (that I can't see). That's how I was somehow able to reconfigure DOpus to use the WB screen. A lot of trial and error there. ;-) But ConfigOpus would still launch it's own screen that only shows the top half.
This is on a non-RTG regular Amiga 1200 setup

I tried 4.17.(something) but was having some issues and didn't get it working (can't remember now; might have been complaining about the directoryopus.library version. The archive came with a new one, but it didn't seem to see it in it's current directory or in a LIBS folder in it's current directory... Might try copying it to LIBS so for now went back to 4.12, whose ConfigOpus screen works fine....
Seeing as people have 4.17.x working, I'll give that a try again...

---

Update: OK, I got 4.17 working... Long story short, since I generally had run an older version of DirOpus before trying the new one, the it wasn't loading the new library. When I tried 4.17 right after a reboot, it worked. I did have an issue with no menu text, but that was because I hadn't yet copied all the files over the old install. Once I did that, it all seems to work, and the config screen now works as well.

Last edited by desiv; 26 March 2023 at 23:59.
Old 07 April 2023, 01:50   #18
EctoOne

I had a similar issue today where the Config screen was totally messed up on a fresh 3.2.2 installation with Picasso96 (uaegfx).
Since I prefer to use DOpus on its own screen (Workbench clone) the Config Editor also opens its own screen. I used NewMode from Aminet to force the Config Editor to also open on a uaegfx screen instead of the default PAL screen.