English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.UAE Wishlist

Old 04 December 2007, 20:03   #61
paranoid
Phone Zen

I'm not sure if this would be pointless but interesting, pointless and useless, or actually not so pointless... In another thread I was reminded of the Adspeed I had on my A500. Basically it was a 68000 with a small cache that ran at 14mhz. It was very compatible; generally, it either had no effect [cache too small to be of use] or sped games up nicely (I remember it helping Fighter Duel quite a bit.). It also sped up packers like lha, but that doesn't seem to be of value in a WinUAE context..

I'm not sure how useful/pointless this would be.. ('fastest possible but maintain chipset timing' is probably the best option to speed up games like Fighter Duel.. I can't say I've ever understood the slider for adjustable, so perhaps that's already close..) For the most part, when I use WinUAE, I either want an exact A500 or A1200, or the fastest Amiga I can get... Not something in between, like a slightly faster A500...

Anyway, thought I'd toss that out there. I'm not sure if I still have my Adspeed or not but I could have a look if it might help.

(And thanks for all your work, Toni, to state the completely obvious: WinUAE is genius.)
Old 04 December 2007, 21:20   #62
paranoid
Phone Zen

I dove into the uae-configuration program and I think I found that my Adspeed idea is more or less there using this utility. I was using SysInfo (which probably isn't the best under emulation) and found a cpu_speed of 10 (and a small cache) showed 14 mhz (or there abouts). The performance, however, rated it poorly. But then, the performance showed 7 mhz and performance of 1.5x a 2000 set at match A500 speed...

Anyway... Long story short, my pointless and useless idea is probably just that.
Old 17 December 2007, 06:05   #63
flipper

upside down screen for playing games in unusual possitions

disk swapper without labels

disk swapper that forgets disks for a while

random hd power downs to simulate psu problems

disapearing memory cards

my blizzard 1260 used to do a rainbow affect on the screen during a reset it also gave a nice crack noise through the tv

hd noise emulation (mine screams at me )

Last edited by flipper; 17 December 2007 at 06:29.
Old 21 December 2007, 17:04   #64
meynaf
son of 68k

What about a hidden 68k opcode which does a BSOD on the host machine ?
Old 21 December 2007, 20:15   #65
Dwyloc

How about a special keymap to support using a Keyrah ( http://amigakit.leamancomputing.com/...4aac79ae1f5ea8 ) and a real amiga keyboard and support for using the keyboard lights on the converted A1200 as WinUAE power and drive lights.

I like the idea of Making a stripped out A1200 with a keyrah look and function like a fully working Amiga.

Old 22 December 2007, 12:50   #66
mk1

a "boss-key" similar to old sierra online games.
Old 26 March 2008, 20:07   #67
paranoid
Phone Zen

Not sure how pointless it is, but I'd like to be able to minimize WinUAE to the tray (i.e. with no tab in the taskbar). The reason would be to have something going on in WinUAE in the background somewhat permanently (so out of sight on the desktop) like a BBS.

Incredibly minor thing, and not even saying I'd use it (the idea of me putting up a BBS is bouncing around, but I haven't decided..) but maybe there's interest to others?
Old 27 March 2008, 13:22   #68
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by paranoid View Post
Not sure how pointless it is, but I'd like to be able to minimize WinUAE to the tray (i.e. with no tab in the taskbar
Check misc-panel.
Old 27 March 2008, 16:21   #69
paranoid
Phone Zen

Oh. You mean "Don't show taskbar button"? Well. Um.

(Yes, I do feel like a big fat doofus. Thanks for asking. )

So, Toni, ever feel like punching people with dumb assed questions right through the internet?