English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 19 August 2014, 11:37   #161
AMIGASYSTEM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huepper View Post
Please read the last two sentences.
You must first create an installation disk , in which the correct device is already set.
Otherwise OS4 will not boot.
Sorry huepper "fault of my 60 years ' time I read it
Quote:
Config please.
My problem is the error "Bootloader failed returcode 20", what should I configure?, I am quite experienced Amiga OS3 but not OS4, [ Show youtube player ]

Last edited by AMIGASYSTEM; 19 August 2014 at 11:58.
Old 19 August 2014, 11:43   #162
BinoX
Miggy Man

I found that if I partitioned a drive (even using an OS3.1 install disk) with the PPC emulation enabled it didn't save the drive parameters properly. So I recommend partitioning your HDF file using a stock 020 Amiga config...

(I have begun writing my OS 4.0 Classic install guide, it might even be up tomorrow evening)
Old 19 August 2014, 12:07   #163
B14ck W01f
m68k all the way

Thanks, looking forward to reading it. I would suggest adding a FAQ at the end of the guide and possibly updating this.
Old 19 August 2014, 12:40   #164
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

You must not use any "software emulated" drives: directory harddrives, any harddrives CD/HD option that use "UAE" controller.

EDIT: If you create some kind of faq, make sure to mention that normally it is easier to configure OS4 and mark those parts that require workarounds due to emulation issues.

Last edited by Toni Wilen; 19 August 2014 at 12:45. Reason: removed offtopic part
Old 19 August 2014, 13:04   #165
AMIGASYSTEM

I would like to point out that my problem on "Bootloader failed returcode 20" on OS4.0 Classic, comes out when I use "blizzardppc" in Accellerator boards ROM file, but if I configure "CyberStormPPC" I have a blue screen and then the colored bands, no one can help me understand?
Old 19 August 2014, 13:21   #166
Rotzloeffel

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrenHD View Post
It is different, in the sense that it supports the classic hardware in the kernel. There is a specific kernel for classic. And of course other legacy drivers for Zorro III graphic cards.
Very Interesting I put the Classic OS 4.1 CD in my MicroA1! It boots.... so where is the difference???? I think there is none..... Only the install routine...
Old 19 August 2014, 13:44   #167
amigafreak68k

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIGASYSTEM View Post
I would like to point out that my problem on "Bootloader failed returcode 20" on OS4.0 Classic, comes out when I use "blizzardppc" in Accellerator boards ROM file, but if I configure "CyberStormPPC" I have a blue screen and then the colored bands, no one can help me understand?
Which version of ROM file do you use? If .71 please try .69! This was the problem in my setup...
Old 19 August 2014, 13:52   #168
AMIGASYSTEM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amigafreak68k View Post
Which version of ROM file do you use? If .71 please try .69! This was the problem in my setup...
Thanks for the reply, I have used both versions 44.71 to 44.67, now I feel even 44.69

EDIT

Also tried the 44.69, the same problem does not change
Old 19 August 2014, 14:16   #169
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Again, logs needed. http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=...&postcount=116
Old 19 August 2014, 14:31   #170
BinoX
Miggy Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
EDIT: If you create some kind of faq, make sure to mention that normally it is easier to configure OS4 and mark those parts that require workarounds due to emulation issues.
Will do.

I am nearly finished writing it actually. It may well be up in an hour or so. I'm just running through it myself to make sure that I haven't missed any steps out. Waiting for the OS to finish installing and watching it boot up before I consider it complete, since I wrote most of it from memory and added a few extra details in as I went through.

I will make a new thread for it when I am ready, so it doesn't get lost in the midst of this thread.
Old 19 August 2014, 14:54   #171
AMIGASYSTEM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
Hello Toni, I'm sorry now I attach the log, I'm new in this forum, but we felt in private for this little bug?

Last edited by AMIGASYSTEM; 21 August 2014 at 09:36.
Old 19 August 2014, 15:08   #172
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIGASYSTEM View Post
Hello Toni, I'm sorry now I attach the log, I'm new in this forum, but we felt in private for this little bug?
Wrong log. (Follow instructions in post #116 exactly).

Multi session CDs are not supported by SCSI emulation. (Not worth the trouble in my opinion)
Old 19 August 2014, 15:25   #173
BinoX
Miggy Man

OS 4.0 Classic installation tutorial/guide is now up.

http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?p=970785

Last edited by BinoX; 19 August 2014 at 15:37.
Old 19 August 2014, 15:43   #174
_ThEcRoW
Amiga NetRunner

Toni, thanks for the tip. Now i have all clear in that aspect. In order to get the ppc recognized on the os, what is needed to install that gives the best result, powerUP or WarUp?. I have downloaded several system disks, but don't know if it's even possible to have both.
If anyone can tell me and, possibly a link to the exact libraries needed would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance!

P.D.: I forgot to to mention that in several post i see a mention of a "Accelerator board ROM File" next to the board selection, but i don't see it in the ram window. I'm using 2900b9 executable of the emulator. Are the accelerator roms need to be put in kicks folder?.

Last edited by _ThEcRoW; 19 August 2014 at 15:54. Reason: Forgot to mention
Old 19 August 2014, 16:03   #175
huepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ThEcRoW View Post

P.D.: I forgot to to mention that in several post i see a mention of a "Accelerator board ROM File" next to the board selection, but i don't see it in the ram window. I'm using 2900b9 executable of the emulator. Are the accelerator roms need to be put in kicks folder?.
First you have to use the latest beta (2900b12), look at winuae beta thread.
Then you are right, the roms have to be in kicks folder.
Old 19 August 2014, 16:06   #176
MickJT

2900b9 is old. Get beta 12. Download accelerator_roms.zip from the zone and rename cyberstormppc_44.69.rom to cyberstormppc.rom and put it in the ROM path, then click Rescan ROMs. You'll then be able to select it under "Accelerator board ROM File".
Old 19 August 2014, 16:08   #177
Mad-Matt
Longplayer

Send a message via ICQ to Mad-Matt Send a message via MSN to Mad-Matt
Quote:
Originally Posted by _ThEcRoW View Post
what is needed to install that gives the best result, powerUP or WarUp?. I have downloaded several system disks, but don't know if it's even possible to have both.
If anyone can tell me and, possibly a link to the exact libraries needed would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance!
It may be best to have 2 separate environments for PowerUP and WarpOS just to make things simpler when trying to get the relevant software running.

For example, I am using BlizzardPPC for my PowerUP setup, all relevant libraries are in rom and you can just run powerup software as you would any other amiga software

I have a cyberstormppc environment for WarpOS including powerup emulation for if the need arises

You can get needed libs here.http://phase5.a1k.org/index.php?driverslibraries
the 040/060 cpu libs 46.7 and ppc.library 46.31 should you want to use PowerUP on cyberstorm.

WarpOS libraries can be found here http://download.haage-partner.de/Amiga/WarpUP/
If installing by hand WarpHW.library is Accelerator specific so you cant really use one install for both cyberstorm/bppc environment without issues.

The powerup emulation library can be found here http://sun.hasenbraten.de/~frank/projects/
Ignore the WarpOS 16.1 beta. The 16.1 full version found in the WarpOS5.1 update is newer and will cause less problems.

The only real sticking point at the moment is the various version of the Elf loadseg patches (to install emulated ppc.library) tend to crash the ppc emulation so it can be a bit random. Installppclib that comes with frogger is the most compatible on my real Amiga, but ppclibemu_install seems most successful in the emulation.

Configuring WarpOS on cyberstorm is simplest. Just ensure noppc is unticked and nopatch is ticked. You can enable force video address at $40000000 (Picasso IV Z3) (BAT Register for performance) , but I don't know if it makes a difference to the emulation. The WarpOS docs say it can be left $0 if not using Bvision/CVision.

I have not tested if the free CybergraphX v3 or Picasso96 works as I am using paid for CybergraphXv4 without issue with the PicassoIV Z3 emulation.

Last edited by Mad-Matt; 19 August 2014 at 16:24.
Old 19 August 2014, 16:08   #178
Steve
I Identify as an Ewok

From Wikipedia

Quote:
WarpOS was launched as a controversial alternative to Phase5's PowerUP kernel, but eventually became the most used and nominally the standard PPC kernel on AmigaOS
What I want to know is what is the difference between the Cyberstorm PPC roms? Is it best to just use the latest one, 44.71?
Old 19 August 2014, 16:22   #179
huepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
What I want to know is what is the difference between the Cyberstorm PPC roms? Is it best to just use the latest one, 44.71?
Better use 44.69.
Old 19 August 2014, 16:26   #180
Mad-Matt
Longplayer

Send a message via ICQ to Mad-Matt Send a message via MSN to Mad-Matt
It makes no difference which you use, but the last version had the addition of PCI backplane support (Grex) . No real relevance to the emulation.