English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > Games images which need to be WHDified

Old 19 October 2014, 00:03   #1
fpmpaolo

Installing WHDLoad Games

So, I am trying to install WHDLoad Games in my emulated Amiga.
I followed fitzsteve's video but I can't install them properly: though I use Dopus with Arc Ext, a window appears:

inflating shadow dancer.lha but no way to install it. I mean, it doesn't unpack my .zip file. What is the matteR?
Old 20 October 2014, 23:21   #2
Macca
Zone Friend

Are you using WinUAE or a real amiga?

The way I normally do things is:

Setup WinUAE and ClassicWB so that it points to a folder on my Hard-drive to use as the HD.
Once the above is done I download my games from WHDownload.com or similar and then extract them in Windows to the correct place on the HD (normally DH0:Games\Letter of Game\Folder of Game).

Even if you're using a real Amiga it may be worth setting up WinUAE or such like and practicing on that.

M.
Old 21 October 2014, 07:31   #3
hansel75
Walk Off? Boolander!

Hi, i will copy and paste a post i did in another thread as it may help you-

http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=75009

"""As far as i know you can extract the majority of them on a pc, there is only a small amount of games that need to be extracted on a real amiga.

Have a look at Turrans updated whdload packs-
ftp://grandis.nu/Commodore_Amiga/WHDLoad_Packs/

Notice he has a separate folder there for the few games that need to be extracted on a real amiga-
ftp://grandis.nu/Commodore_Amiga/WHD...UnpackOnAmiga/

More info here-
http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?...ghlight=turran
Quote- ""There is also a "Games_WHDLoad_UnpackOnAmiga" folder on the FTP. It contains a very few games which can not be extracted on PC due to filenames (CON etc). You'll have to download the archives to your Amiga and extract them there directly.""

Apart from these few games i am pretty sure you can extract the rest on your pc, i did this and haven't had any issues yet, plus it's much quicker to do it on a pc!"""
Old 04 November 2014, 23:18   #4
fpmpaolo

Last question...I noticed there are some screenshots of the game in iGame. I saw them on Amiga OS 3.9. Why aren't there the same screenshots / previews in ADVSP?