English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 07 May 2013, 16:48   #2181
CFou!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoenfeld View Post

It's just not high on the priority list at this point. Vertical sync will break compatibility with *many* monitors and requires lots of explanation - and before I can explain how things work, I need to implement them. V-Sync is even lower on my priority list than Graffiti support (and even that is not very high).

My highest priority is to solve all problems that have been reported with Indivision AGA MK2. I won't open new construction sites (read: no new features) until all users have at least basic functionality from Indivision AGA MK2.

Jens
thanks for yout quick answer.

is it possible in the very distantfuture to add option to have smooth scrolling on LCD monitor using black frame insertion for users using monitor supporting 3D vision (for classic PAL & NTSC mode 50htz=>100hz 60herz=120hz)?

indeed actually on PC + 3d vision ready LCD monitor beta Winuae and Mame using lightboost+black frame insersion are really impressive and remove blur effect.

Does there exist a technical limitation makes it impossible this option with indivision?

Last edited by CFou!; 07 May 2013 at 19:25.
Old 07 May 2013, 18:03   #2182
Cymru

Details for the next generation of Flickerfixers from Individual Computers

Jens,

As I posted above, I own 3 MKII's for the T/1200 and two for the 4000D and all of them worked fine for me right out of the box on CRT's & LCD's. Just wanted you to know there are satisfied users out in the wild without problems.
Old 07 May 2013, 19:17   #2183
keropi

@Schoenfeld

is it possible to give us some *good* values for 50hz modes ? I have been testing with mine but with a try-and-fail strategy and I came up with 2 modes that don't crap out after a while:

a. 800x600 49,440 hz

b. 800x600 50,080 hz

the 50,080hz one works better as you can imagine... but I don't trust the values I used to make it, is there a chance you give us some values that adhere to the rules?

I also noticed something else while testing... sometimes I get a mode working for ~5-6mins and then the monitor just goes to sleep. Now if the mode that failed was a pal one in a whdload game one might think that quiting the game would work since the mk2 would switch to the different wb screenmode or powercycle the monitor to fix this.
But it does not, not even resetting the amiga works. I must do a power-cycle on the amiga to get usable output from the mk2 again. Could it be that the mk2 gets "stuck" or something?

edit: also this bug remains for me: if I go edit a screenmode (or even open the VGA MODES window) then on the main window I cannot select a mode from the list, it remains stuck on Euro36 until I quite the program.

Last edited by keropi; 07 May 2013 at 20:08.
Old 07 May 2013, 20:17   #2184
Yarc

Strange mode selection

I'm having a couple of issues at the moment:

If I go into VGA modes from the config tool and create a new mode from an existing one, on exiting this dialog I find the config tool is then unresponsive and I have to restart it. A minor glitch.

The other problem though is a little more confusing. I have written a program that uses a 320 X 200 4 bit plane display and recreates the boing ball demo (based on source code from Jimmy Maher's code from his excellent book "The Future was here") and has not been changed in anyway since the previous cores. Before the update this program displayed nicely on my monitor with the AGAMk2 selecting PAL 800X600 60Hz. However, now the Mk2 considers the output mode is DBL PAL and wont display correctly? The whole screen is shifted to the right, and just completely wrong. Why should the MK2 see this resolution mode as different now?

Perhaps I should uninstall everything and try reinstalling again? I think as soon as I have some spare time I will try this, but just wondered if anybody else has seen this?

Cheers.

Yarc.
Old 07 May 2013, 20:44   #2185
johnim
Amibay Mod/Staff

Quote:
If I go into VGA modes from the config tool and create a new mode from an existing one, on exiting this dialog I find the config tool is then unresponsive and I have to restart it. A minor glitch.
i get this too

just make sure you press apply and save as when you restart the mode is saved there
Old 07 May 2013, 22:34   #2186
Yarc

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnim View Post
i get this too

just make sure you press apply and save as when you restart the mode is saved there
Yes, I discovered that also, thanks.
Old 10 May 2013, 19:17   #2187
Yarc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yarc View Post
I'm having a couple of issues at the moment:

The other problem though is a little more confusing. I have written a program that uses a 320 X 200 4 bit plane display and recreates the boing ball demo (based on source code from Jimmy Maher's code from his excellent book "The Future was here") and has not been changed in anyway since the previous cores. Before the update this program displayed nicely on my monitor with the AGAMk2 selecting PAL 800X600 60Hz. However, now the Mk2 considers the output mode is DBL PAL and wont display correctly? The whole screen is shifted to the right, and just completely wrong. Why should the MK2 see this resolution mode as different now?

Perhaps I should uninstall everything and try reinstalling again? I think as soon as I have some spare time I will try this, but just wondered if anybody else has seen this?

Cheers.

Yarc.
Solved the issue. I had the DBLPAL driver in the DEVS:Monitors directory. Just deleted it and everything is fine now. The AGAMk2 is a great device, I am very pleased with it.
Old 11 May 2013, 01:37   #2188
TreacleWench
Amigaaaarrrrgghhh

Just installed the config tool. This has now fixed my Workbench. \o/
I get a full height, perfectly centered screen and I've lost the one pixel line that always used to sit on the left hand side of the image.

One thing that is a bit odd though; when I start up any game, the image reverts back to being very small, shifted to the right and for some reason has scanlines! I haven't enabled scanlines and didn't have them before using the config tool. The lines don't appear in Workbench, just when playing games.

Any thoughts?
Old 11 May 2013, 05:49   #2189
Abaddon

Re: Details for the next generation of Flickerfixers from Individual Computers

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreacleWench View Post
Just installed the config tool. This has now fixed my Workbench. \o/
I get a full height, perfectly centered screen and I've lost the one pixel line that always used to sit on the left hand side of the image.

One thing that is a bit odd though; when I start up any game, the image reverts back to being very small, shifted to the right and for some reason has scanlines! I haven't enabled scanlines and didn't have them before using the config tool. The lines don't appear in Workbench, just when playing games.

Any thoughts?
Sounds like you did not configure the PAL or the NTSC screen modes with the config tool.
Old 11 May 2013, 11:03   #2190
lurch

Have read through the entire thread, had it working nicely with the first beta config tool but the latest has broken my config :-(

There's only two display settings I can get working, high graphics interlace @ 1024x768 and pal - interlace @ 800x600.

Other resolutions come out as if someone has sat on them, so WHDLoad games look narrow/widescreen.

I'm using a Dell Ultrasharp 2407WFP if that helps.

Old 11 May 2013, 19:33   #2191
TreacleWench
Amigaaaarrrrgghhh

Re: Details for the next generation of Flickerfixers from Individual Computers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abaddon View Post
Sounds like you did not configure the PAL or the NTSC screen modes with the config tool.
Ahhh, I get it now. You set an output resolution for each screenmode. I was thinking the config tool just allowed you to set the current screenmode!

Got it sorted now, although the lowest output resolution that works with games seems to be 800 x 600 at the moment. If I choose anything lower I just get a black screen, no out of range message from my monitor, just a black screen. Maybe the image is shifted so much that it is completely off screen?

Anyway, I still have the 1.0 config tool installed so will try the 1.1 version before anything else. :thumbup:
Old 11 May 2013, 19:37   #2192
Art

I got so addicted to the picture quality of Indivision and HIGH GFX screen that if I had to go back to SCART I would probably stop using Amiga LOL. Indi MK2 is probably the best piece of hardware add-on. Priceless!
Old 12 May 2013, 00:47   #2193
demolition
Unregistered User

Just got around to trying out the new config tool and core and I must say it is working quite well now. I tried PAL, NTSC, XTREME, HighGFX and HD720 and they all give a good picture and only needed minor adjustments. The color shifting is gone (like it says in the readme) and I seem to get a picture in all modes now without my monitor suddenly shutting off..

There is a vertical red line at the right that I see in some modes, which he is also mentioning in the readme. Also, the test picture seems to some times be a few pixels off compared to my WB screen. My HighGFX WB screen was two pixels off to the right, but the test picture looked correct.

All this is merely a minor inconvenience, and I think this is how the tool should have been with the release of the MkII.

Now we're just hoping for some vsync goodness, and it'll be ready for gaming as well. Grafitti sounds nice, but what's it really good for as long as there is no WB driver for it? Has anyone actually used it on the ECS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurch View Post
Have read through the entire thread, had it working nicely with the first beta config tool but the latest has broken my config :-(
Other resolutions come out as if someone has sat on them, so WHDLoad games look narrow/widescreen.
I'm using a Dell Ultrasharp 2407WFP if that helps.
You need to delete all the old files and start from scratch with the new core and corresponding files. If PAL interlaced works, PAL should work as well since its using the same output resolution just with line doubling enabled. Also, set your monitor scaling to aspect so it won't stretch the screen to wide screen. All the modes are working fine on my 2408WFP, so I'm guessing it should on yours as well.
Old 12 May 2013, 01:44   #2194
NovaCoder

If Graffiti boosts frame rates > 5% then I'll add support to my ports.
Old 12 May 2013, 04:55   #2195
lurch

Quote:
Originally Posted by demolition View Post
You need to delete all the old files and start from scratch with the new core and corresponding files. If PAL interlaced works, PAL should work as well since its using the same output resolution just with line doubling enabled. Also, set your monitor scaling to aspect so it won't stretch the screen to wide screen. All the modes are working fine on my 2408WFP, so I'm guessing it should on yours as well.
Went back to the second config tool (the one that introduced the test button) as this works fine. Deleted everything and tried the new tool and resolutions are all out of whack, colours looked better though. Although the best result was with the from factory firmware except for the off centering when playing games.

To me the indivision ecs tool is a far better application.

Last edited by lurch; 12 May 2013 at 05:59.
Old 15 May 2013, 11:29   #2196
lurch

@demolition - Can you export or link your prefs? As you have the same monitor maybe this will fix it for me with the new tool.
Old 15 May 2013, 11:50   #2197
demolition
Unregistered User

Your monitor is older version, but they are similar in many ways.
I simply removed the old tool completely, including the files in devs:Indivision, installed the new one and did a 'reflash all'. It worked quite well out of the box and the only changes I did was some fine tuning with offsets and scanline settings, but I had a picture in all modes. Also, I'm using DVI.
Old 15 May 2013, 20:34   #2198
Schoenfeld
electricky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbond007 View Post
Maybe its a sequence of events or something I don't understand, but I seem to be getting the tool in an unresponsive state sometimes where the UI seems like its stoned and nothing works, yet the program will exit cleanly.
Next time, please open a support ticket if you find something like this. This version will most probably fix your issue, which has been described multiple times here, but has NEVER been reported the proper way.

V1.2 for manual installation in the SYS:Prefs directory:
http://icomp.de/products/AGAmk2/IvAG...onfig_V1.2.lha

We're almost there. The "unresponsive" thing should not happen any more, and the "last missing line" in some screenmodes should also be fixed.

Jens
Old 18 May 2013, 18:53   #2199
amigarobbo

Tried it with that one, all the little graphical glitches are gone, I've had to set turn the 'lines' on*, but seems good with Workbench and games.

*For the non-interlace ones, not needed for the interlaced modes, like obviously, I suppose...

Last edited by amigarobbo; 19 May 2013 at 08:41.
Old 19 May 2013, 06:21   #2200
Cymru

Details for the next generation of Flickerfixers from Individual Computers

Jens,

Thank you.